I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED]

Post by mgtwan on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 19:13

Hello, I've looked everywhere how to install The Sims 3 and I got closer every small step, but now I'm getting this error:

Yeah it's Dutch, but it's saying that there's occured during the start-up. please look into the logbook for more details.

I re-tried doing the ultimate fix and patching it with TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update but it's not working.
I don't have World Adventures and the stuff packs installed (exept for Movie Stuff), but that shouldn't give me this error.

Mabye I missed something?

Edit: I installed them all in D:/ because I don't have enough space to place them in the C:/

Greetings,

Mgtwan
mgtwan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:07

@mgtwan wrote:

//MOVED

Hello,

Have a look at this video here:

This video shows the registry location for 64-bit Windows versions. If you have a 32-bit Windows, then the registry location is a little bit different:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> Software -> Sims and then delete the expansion sub-folders, aas shownh in the video.

Good luck !

Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Will start buffering when initialized.
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences

G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.), Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 15361

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't seem to start up the Sims 3 after applying the ultimate fix. [SOLVED]

Post by mgtwan on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:21

Nice to know, I was looking for it when I wanted to uninstall the game (with the 5005: error), but couldn't so used Revo Uninstaller for it.

But the problem is not solved then, because I installed everything that's showing on the registry...
As you can see on my picture:

mgtwan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:32

@mgtwan wrote:

Are you sure you're using the LATEST Ultimate fix, along with the latest manual patch too ? In case of doubt, re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

If that doesn't work either, try a clean un-install; use "Your Un-installer Pro (available from Games4TheWorld on Piratebay) or REVO Un-installer. After you un-installed everything, re-boot the computer. And then start over again.

Good luck again !

G4TW Forum Rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // All G4TW Downloads // G4TW The Sims 4 Gallery Collection

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, GTA: San Andreas, GTA V, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, COD, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac, Military strategy games (Darkest Hour, Hearts of Iron, Arsenal of Democracy, etc.), Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mgtwan on Wed 05 Feb 2014, 21:37

I'm pretty sure I've got the latest ultimate fix 25-1-2014 20:12 
and TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe, which is up to date.

I'll try to do step 2 and then step 3 in that order

Edit: I've done both steps, i'll restart my computer now.
Edit 2: I'm now updating The Sims after installing Into the Future, Island paradise might've been the cause for my problem as I couldn't install it like I did the others (I skipped it now)
  The Sims Plumbob 1 Mabye you could look at it. I downloaded it from this site (not piratebay) and I saw the name of this site when I tried to install it together with the 'Island paradise' picture. The Sims Plumbob 1

Last edited by mgtwan on Thu 06 Feb 2014, 00:25; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It might be fixed now, but I'm not sure yet.)
mgtwan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandrica on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 09:58

I have the same problem! Only difference is that when I click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node there's no Sims folder WhatDidUJustCallMe? scratch
- Ok I find it in another folder, but there are all expansions that I have (because I have all of them), what now?

Aleksandrica
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chowdary on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 11:28

@Aleksandrica wrote:I have the same problem! Only difference is that when I click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node there's no Sims folder WhatDidUJustCallMe? scratch
- Ok I find it in another folder, but there are all expansions that I have (because I have all of them), what now?
Hi there,please open your own topic so that we can help you better.

Like a Star @ heaven Games4TheWorld .torrent downloads: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html 
 Like a Star @ heaven Sims (3) store stuff, guides, and more: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ 
chowdary
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims3,simcity5,gta5,bf4,twr2,cod:g
Male Posts : 250

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandrica on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 11:38

Did it already, waiting for the answer  Surprised

Aleksandrica
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 12:53

@mgtwan wrote:I'm pretty sure I've got the latest ultimate fix 25-1-2014 20:12 
and TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe, which is up to date.

I'll try to do step 2 and then step 3 in that order

Edit: I've done both steps, i'll restart my computer now.
Edit 2: I'm now updating The Sims after installing Into the Future, Island paradise might've been the cause for my problem as I couldn't install it like I did the others (I skipped it now)
  The Sims Plumbob 1 Mabye you could look at it. I downloaded it from this site (not piratebay) and I saw the name of this site when I tried to install it together with the 'Island paradise' picture. The Sims Plumbob 1

Sorry for the late reply, but do you still need assistance ?

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mgtwan on Fri 21 Feb 2014, 20:00

It's indeed pretty late Razz 

I got it fixed. I used (trial-version of) Revo uninstaller to delete everything of the sims 3 expansion packs and base game (including leftovers and registry). Then I re-installed the game without: 
EP: Adventures and Island Paradise
SP: Everything exept the latest SP cuz I wanted to try that one out xD

Hope it'll also fix your problems and those with the same problems.

You can lock it or make it sticky Smile

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 EVGA FTW Gaming 8GB

RAM
16 GB

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit
mgtwan
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 15:33

Problem solved, topic locked.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum