How to download DLC for Sims3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to download DLC for Sims3

Post by RaidanAidan on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 03:39

Hello, so I guess the title explains it all, when I say DLC I mean like "Into The Future","Movie Stuff" and all that, yes I do have all the DLC downloaded from PB (Pirate bay) which came from Games4theworld, so I was wondering, how to activate them?

I need to know this so I can be able to play like in the tutorial it says that I need "Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations" to go on

RaidanAidan
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to download DLC for Sims3

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 12 Feb 2014, 22:42

@RaidanAidan wrote:Hello, so I guess the title explains it all, when I say DLC I mean like "Into The Future","Movie Stuff" and all that, yes I do have all the DLC downloaded from PB (Pirate bay) which came from Games4theworld, so I was wondering, how to activate them?

I need to know this so I can be able to play like in the tutorial it says that I need "Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations" to go on

Hello,

First of all, I suggest you (re-) download the latest manual patch from here: http://goo.gl/ZiGC6I

After downloading just double-click that patch and wait for the patcher to finish. If you have already done that, then skip this step...

Now, download and install WinRAR from here: http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

Instructions are included in the download. You'll need this to open and extract the .RAR files from the DLC (expansions) that you downloaded.

Next, after you've installed WinRAR, please make an EMPTY folder somewhere. Then open the .RAR file of any expansion. You have to extract ALL contents in this .RAR to the empty folder you created before. You can mark all contents with your mouse (as if you were marking a text with a mouse) and then "drag" out all contents with the mouse, into your empty folder.

And then, make another empty folder, and go on with the next expansion pack. You want to have ONE separate folder for EACH expansion. After you've extracted all expansions to folders, start installing them one-by-one. Just go into one of these folder (with the extracted contents) and double-click on "autorun.exe". If you need a serial number, look in the "Installation guide.txt", that is included in the folder of every expansion.

Once you are finished with one expansion, go on with the next, and continue until you are finished with all.

After you've installed them all, please re-apply the manual patch I mentioned first (just double-click on it again). Even if it says "your game is updated already", please re-apply the patch.

In the end, do the steps #3 and #4 here (read these two steps very carefully !): http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

And that should do ! Smile

That was a bit of information now, but if you have any other questions, let us know. Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Wed 12 Feb 2014, 22:46

Hello,
This is a much shorter answer than Carlos, but...
The tutorial states that you need at least one of those expansions to make the game work.
Regardless, extract what you downloaded using WinRAR, then launch the setup by double-clicking it. Do not use the cracks provided in each torrent.
Then update your game to 1.67, using the Manual Patch if needed.
Then download the Ultimate Fix, and copy the files from the #Crack folder to the base game installation folder.
That should make your game work!

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 12 Feb 2014, 22:52

@Shamrock wrote:Hello,
This is a much shorter answer than Carlos, but...
The tutorial states that you need at least one of those expansions to make the game work.
Regardless, extract what you downloaded using WinRAR, then launch the setup by double-clicking it. Do not use the cracks provided in each torrent.
Then update your game to 1.67, using the Manual Patch if needed.
Then download the Ultimate Fix, and copy the files from the #Crack folder to the base game installation folder.
That should make your game work!

Believe it or not, lots of things can go wrong if you're doing this the first time (as is the case with the topic creator). Wink 

Hence my comprehensive reply...
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum