The Sims 3 has no uninstall option?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 has no uninstall option?

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 16:19

My games wont show up on Control panel / Add or remove programs, tried a few other uninstall programs like Revo, CCleaner, don't show up either, i got them on Start / All programs but none of them has an uninstall option?! I wanted to reinstall them again but how do i uninstall them now?! I have no idea how did that happen... Help
LUNA NOCTURNE
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : THE SIMS 3
Female Posts : 58

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 has no uninstall option?

Post by HelloLove98 on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 20:30

This might be a stupid question, but which alphabetical letter are you checking under?
"S" or "T"

The Sims 3 plumbob

HelloLove98
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, and NBA 2K
Female Posts : 57

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 09 Feb 2014, 23:59

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:My games wont show up on Control panel / Add or remove programs, tried a few other uninstall programs like Revo, CCleaner, don't show up either, i got them on Start / All programs but none of them has an uninstall option?! I wanted to reinstall them again but how do i uninstall them now?! I have no idea how did that happen... Help

Hello again,

Unless you have a REALLY good reason to un-install the games, you should NOT do it. Wink 

If you feel you have to (for whatever reason), then try "Your Un-installer Pro", available from Games4TheWorld. Otherwise, check out this article here:  http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall#Uninstall

Start reading where it says "cleaning up leftover folders". But again, I generally can't recommend un-installing that way, unless it's the "last remaining method". 

After doing that "manual un-install", you'll probably have to run tools like CCleaner to clean the registry. And after that, re-boot the computer to finish the un-installation.

Good luck !

P.S what exactly do you have in mind ? Is your Sims 3 game broken and do you want to "start over" with installing The Sims 3 ? There might be other ways to "repair" your game then. Or do you just want to free up space on your hard-drive ?

Also, next time, please keep ALL your Sims 3-related problems in ONE topic only. Wink  I saw you still having another open topic on here.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14059

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 18:09

Why NOT uninstall The Sims?  Twisted Evil

P.S. ONE topic? Sure why not...

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 02:10

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:Why NOT uninstall The Sims?  Twisted Evil

P.S. ONE topic? Sure why not...

Experience tells me that most people (unfortunately) immediately un-install The Sims 3 if they see any bug or glitch. This is NOT the right thing to do, as for most practical problems that can *possibly* come up here, an un-install is NOT necessary.

Plus, most people just screw up the un-install, making matters even worse.

Try the guide I posted above then. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 18:40

Adding another problem, I've downloaded the 1.67 patch from this site of course, and i get some message that some things don't match, i get options Abort, Retry and Ignore, i ignored and later i get an message that says Error and that the setup will close. My base game was deleted and it has to be reinstalled... What to do?

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 06:08

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:Adding another problem, I've downloaded the 1.67 patch from this site of course, and i get some message that some things don't match, i get options Abort, Retry and Ignore, i ignored and later i get an message that says Error and that the setup will close. My base game was deleted and it has to be reinstalled... What to do?

If you un-installed the base game, re-boot the computer after that (if you haven't done so yet).

Then re-install the base game and re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

So much for the theory. But what exactly does the error message say, during the patching process ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 10:39

I did not uninstall the base, it uninstalled on it's own when the error showed up and closed the setup. But never mind that i fixed that problem, i also downloaded the fix and when i apply the crack the unofficial game modification message was gone, but now the game gets all messed up... When the game starts the screen is black and there are no letters in the game... The fix is compatible with the 1.67 patch right?

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 11:25

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:I did not uninstall the base, it uninstalled on it's own when the error showed up and closed the setup. But never mind that i fixed that problem, i also downloaded the fix and when i apply the crack the unofficial game modification message was gone, but now the game gets all messed up... When the game starts the screen is black and there are no letters in the game... The fix is compatible with the 1.67 patch right?

If you have applied everything correctly, then yes. I assume you have replaced all existing files too ? Re-read the "must read"-guide, in case of doubt.

The thing is, if you have really done it correctly, then the only real explanation left is this here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 12:18

I did everything like it said, the game is set on "English", game works with the crack from Into the future, but gets that unofficial game modification message, the crack from the Fix doesn't work for me...  Shocked

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 12:29

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:I did everything like it said, the game is set on "English", game works with the crack from Into the future, but gets that unofficial game modification message, the crack from the Fix doesn't work for me...  Shocked

I'm sorry, but this is technically impossible. Wink 

If you want, PM one of the active Helpers/Moderators for a TeamViewer session, and let the Helper/Mod check your installation. Get TeamViewer here: http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

If you don't want to do that, then I'm unsure. As stupid and ridiculous as it sounds, leave this thing for a few days, and focus on something else. Experience tells me that the longer one is trying to fix a problem and the longer he/she fails, the more will the attention drop. And then try again doing the steps from #2 to #4 here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

I'm sorry to say that, but there is no other solution. As for me, the current #crack works (I'm on the 1.67 game version).

//EDIT

And please make sure that ALL your mods are compatible with the 1.67 game version. After you re-downloaded and re-installed the new mods, please go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the file scriptCache.package, before starting the game.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 14:58

Oh i don't know, with me anything is possible  Razz, I'm more like "strike while the iron is hot" person, but maybe you're right, i should leave it alone for now... I said it before but i have never ever used a MOD or CC or anything similar, strange but true... Be in touch...

//EDIT

Aren't "cracks" some sort of game modifications? Also i wanted to know when using the fix, can i just crack the base game?

//EDIT

While patching to 1.67 i get this error: "CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game Data\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild0.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor"? And the options Abort, Retry and Ignore, i ignored and it patched my game, but as i said before the loading screen is black with no letters followed with an error and a crash of the game...
LUNA NOCTURNE
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 18:33

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:Oh i don't know, with me anything is possible  Razz, I'm more like "strike while the iron is hot" person, but maybe you're right, i should leave it alone for now... I said it before but i have never ever used a MOD or CC or anything similar, strange but true... Be in touch...

//EDIT

Aren't "cracks" some sort of game modifications? Also i wanted to know when using the fix, can i just crack the base game?

//EDIT

While patching to 1.67 i get this error: "CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game Data\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild0.package doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor"? And the options Abort, Retry and Ignore, i ignored and it patched my game, but as i said before the loading screen is black with no letters followed with an error and a crash of the game...

Can you try re-downloading the 1.67 patch, preferably with a different internet browser ? Re-apply it of course and then re-apply the latest Ultimate fix. I hope this error is because of the patch that you downloaded, and not because of a screwed installation, but let's see.

P.S. if you look at your posts, there is an "edit"-button. If you click on it you can modify your original message (add stuff, edit typos, etc.). Please use this option instead of posting multiple times in a row. Wink 

You can edit your messages as long as you still haven't received a reply from another user.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Mon 17 Feb 2014, 20:01

Well that's why they have you to fix my mistakes:lol!: I use Mozilla Firefox, what internet browser do you suggest i try? There are 2 links for the manual patch, i clicked the akamai one, does it make any difference? I am really sorry for bothering you... Embarassed

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 08:51

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:Well that's why they have you to fix my mistakes:lol!: I use Mozilla Firefox, what internet browser do you suggest i try? There are 2 links for the manual patch, i clicked the akamai one, does it make any difference? I am really sorry for bothering you... Embarassed

It doesn't matter what internet browser you use exactly; just try a different browser, from the one you tried first. Yes, you can try Google Chrome then. Also, make sure not to pause or interrupt the download.

And it doesn't matter either if you use the "MEGA"-link or the other one from the official EA server. Wink 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 15:13

The picture speaks for itself...
LUNA NOCTURNE
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 09:49

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:

The picture speaks for itself...

I'm unsure about that one...could it have to do with your graphics drivers ? In case of doubt, update the drivers.

//EDIT

If you haven't tried it yet, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder The Sims 3, into whatever you like, but just change the folder's name.

After that, re-apply the manual patch plus latest Ultimate fix.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 09:58

That only happens when i patch the game to 1.67, and that message for unofficial game modifications, i think it's because of the crack, if i don't crack the game i would have to play with ITF disc...

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 10:11

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:That only happens when i patch the game to 1.67, and that message for unofficial game modifications, i think it's because of the crack, if i don't crack the game i would have to play with ITF disc...

That sounds very unlikely to me, but if you say so, then OK. Very Happy

You might give another CLEAN un-install a try, so remove everything again, and re-boot the computer after that. Now, when you re-install, use the 1.63 manual patch and Ultimate fix. Look in this topic here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t15955-link-for-163-patch-solved

You'll find a link to the 1.63 patch and the 1.63 ultimate fix that I uploaded on my MediaFire account. If you want, give it a try; but other than that, I 'm afraid I'm unsure by now. Wat. 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 14:38

Patch 1.63 and the fix are working, no annoying messages and black screens, so i want to try and update to 1.66 and 1.67, so can you please give me the links for both manual patches and their fixes?  I love you

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 15:03

Hello,
Here is the Manual Patch and the Ultimate Fix. Both work for 1.67.
You do not need 1.66 anymore...

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 15:59

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:Patch 1.63 and the fix are working, no annoying messages and black screens, so i want to try and update to 1.66 and 1.67, so can you please give me the links for both manual patches and their fixes?  I love you

Yes, you might use Shamrock's links for the latest 1.67 patch + Ultimate fix. Just make sure you do it right. Wink  That way, 1.66 will be "skipped" - and you go straight to 1.67.

This latest patch doesn't fix that much though (compared to 1.63), but patching to that version and using the latest Ultimate fix doesn't seem to cause any issues, for anybody.

If you say you don't want to play with mods though, you might want to stick with 1.63, but it's your decision. As for me, I do recommend using the latest version of patch and fix. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 19:41

Patches 1.63 and 1.66 work for me i just need a crack/fix for 1.66, so can you give me a link for it, patch 1.67 and fix don't work for me, black screen, no letters, error and a crash, and while updating some deltabuild0 error...

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 23:27

@LUNA NOCTURNE wrote:Patches 1.63 and 1.66 work for me i just need a crack/fix for 1.66, so can you give me a link for it, patch 1.67 and fix don't work for me, black screen, no letters, error and a crash, and while updating some deltabuild0 error...

I'm sorry, I don't have a #crack for 1.66, only for 1.63 (see my post above). Sad 

I'm also sorry to hear that this 1.67 patch doesn't work for you, but sometimes, this game has inexplicable glitches...maybe EA changed something about compatibility on the 1.67 patch, so that it causes problems on some computers, but I'm not sure.

In that case, try sticking with 1.63.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LUNA NOCTURNE on Tue 04 Mar 2014, 09:56

The Sims 3 has stopped working error... Is there a fix for it... Now this is annoying the hell outta me...

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: