Error Code 0x024e424f! Can't solve!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error Code 0x024e424f! Can't solve!!

Post by jeniferrose on Mon 10 Feb 2014, 20:17

:newfag: 

Hi,

I've recently been trying to start playing Sims 3 again after a long break! I stopped because my battery needed replacing, a bunch of laggy graphics etc. I've lost some of my discs in the process, so I got my redemption codes from my registry and put them all on Origin as digital copies. I then after a series of different ways reinstalled Seasons (my latest ep) so that Origin would accept I didn't need a disc to play. The launcher loaded, and said I need those game updates. I proceeded but it hasn't allowed me to put them on saying 'A version of Sims 3 is not installed'. I tried the game and it black screened with the above error code (0x024e424f).

I've tried clearing caches, reinstalling Origin, my last ep, removing reg files, bypassing the Launcher.. EVERYTHING!! I came across your forum and have tried following the 'How to Install Sims 3 Correctly' along with patching/ultimate fix. I'm getting stuck on actually downloading the patch. It is stuck on 0.0/1.6GB. I'm really getting at a loose end here. I don't want to have to redownload them all off Origin for it to say 'Your redemption code is invalid' as it tried yesterday. Had to system restore and the lot.

Very VERY frustrated, feeling rather a  Noob  after being out of action for so long!

Any help much appreciated.

The Sims 3 plumbob

jeniferrose
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error Code 0x024e424f! Can't solve!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Feb 2014, 23:01

@jeniferrose wrote::newfag: 

Hi,

I've recently been trying to start playing Sims 3 again after a long break! I stopped because my battery needed replacing, a bunch of laggy graphics etc. I've lost some of my discs in the process, so I got my redemption codes from my registry and put them all on Origin as digital copies. I then after a series of different ways reinstalled Seasons (my latest ep) so that Origin would accept I didn't need a disc to play. The launcher loaded, and said I need those game updates. I proceeded but it hasn't allowed me to put them on saying 'A version of Sims 3 is not installed'. I tried the game and it black screened with the above error code (0x024e424f).

I've tried clearing caches, reinstalling Origin, my last ep, removing reg files, bypassing the Launcher.. EVERYTHING!! I came across your forum and have tried following the 'How to Install Sims 3 Correctly' along with patching/ultimate fix. I'm getting stuck on actually downloading the patch. It is stuck on 0.0/1.6GB. I'm really getting at a loose end here. I don't want to have to redownload them all off Origin for it to say 'Your redemption code is invalid' as it tried yesterday. Had to system restore and the lot.

Very VERY frustrated, feeling rather a  Noob  after being out of action for so long!

Any help much appreciated.

The Sims 3 plumbob

//MOVED

Hello,

There are two links for the manual patch, try both of them:

Here: http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.67.2.0240xx_update.exe

And here: http://goo.gl/ZiGC6I

You can/should even try it with different internet browsers.

Next, please go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" - into anything you like. Just change the folder's name. After that, (re-) do the steps from #2 to #4 there: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

This small guide should be pretty straightforward, but let us know if you have any more questions about that guide. Smile  Note that if you have your base game via Origin installed, you have to paste the two files from the #crack inside the Ultimate fix to C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. ANd replace all exisitng files ! (choose "copy and replace" on all files, when you are prompted what to do).

See if that helps you - good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum