Create a style. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Create a style. [SOLVED]

Post by Denis0715 on Tue 11 Feb 2014, 12:41

Game turns really laggy whenever i want to change the color on something, recently stayed frozen for a good 2mins before it all decided to go back to normal.
Denis0715
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed, Sims 3!
Male Posts : 29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Create a style. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 11 Feb 2014, 23:32

@Denis0715 wrote:Game turns really laggy whenever i want to change the color on something, recently stayed frozen for a good 2mins before it all decided to go back to normal.

Hello,

For general tips on how to cope with lag, see this topic here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Also, a bit of lagging in CAS is normal, even with high(er)-end desktop machines, like my computer. What are your system specs - and are you playing on a desktop or a laptop computer ? Also, is your Windows a 32-bit or 64-bit version ?

You might try turning off some unnecessary background processes with the task manager - or use a tool like "GameBooster" (look on Piratebay) to assist you with that.

Also, try lowering your in-game graphics settings, plus: try turning off your anti-virus program completely, before playing The Sims 3.

That's it for now - good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis0715 on Tue 11 Feb 2014, 23:46

Im running Windows 8.1 on a i5 possessor at 3.2ghz, 8 gigs of ram, 2tb hard drive, nivida gtx660, liquid cooled. So im sure im not having a issue with running the game, i never get lag until i use the "Create a style" then it goes a wall on me. Another issue im having is when saving the game it just stays on the saving image forever. So i end up having to kill sims 3 through the task manager. It gets pretty irritating since i have to go back and redo everything i had made.

Putting all the packages in one big one helped start the game a lot faster so thanks on that part Very Happy
Denis0715
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 12 Feb 2014, 00:09

@Denis0715 wrote:Im running Windows 8.1 on a i5 possessor at 3.2ghz, 8 gigs of ram, 2tb hard drive, nivida gtx660, liquid cooled. So im sure im not having a issue with running the game, i never get lag until i use the "Create a style" then it goes a wall on me. Another issue im having is when saving the game it just stays on the saving image forever. So i end up having to kill sims 3 through the task manager. It gets pretty irritating since i have to go back and redo everything i had made.

OK, but is your Windows 8 a 32-bit or 64-bit version ? Should your Windows be a 32-bit one, then the strongest hardware in the world is useless. Wink  My computer currently has "only" 4 GB of RAM and my processor is an (older) Intel i3 dual-core with 2.93 Ghz for each core. But this set-up, along with the 64-bit Windows 7 (Ultimate) and a few small "tweaks" is more than enough to run The Sims 3 and all its expansions, almost flawlessly. And I'm not even using GameBooster.

Now, have a look at this here and do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows 8 is 64-bit, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows 8 is 32-bit...

Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

As for your saving glitch, g
o to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. Make a BACKUP copy of that whole "Saves" folder somewhere. There, look for a folder that looks like this:

(Name of your savegame).sims3 ..... -> please MOVE this folder out somewhere, for example onto your desktop. Then, look for the following folder:

(Name of your savegame).sims3.backup ..... -> please remove the .backup ending in the folder's name, so that it looks like the folder you just moved out.

Now download and apply the "save files cleaner" from Lady ElDi's opening post here. Double-click on the program to open it. Now you basically scroll to the location of the savefolder you just renamed (the folder from which you removed the .backup-ending). Choose the .nhd file inside it and let the cleaner finish its job; it shouldn't take too long.

You should get a message that the cleaning is finished - so close the program now.

And that should do for now !

(note: I copied and pasted most of this message, from stuff that I posted earlier).  Tea 5 

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis0715 on Wed 12 Feb 2014, 00:12

Ah yeah forgot to mention i got 64 bit but i'll go ahead and give all this a go and get back to you! Smile

-- Well everything seems to be a lot smoother now and it didn't get stuck on the saving part so im guessing everything is great now, thanks for all the help!  Hammertime
Denis0715
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 12 Feb 2014, 07:01

@Denis0715 wrote:Ah yeah forgot to mention i got 64 bit but i'll go ahead and give all this a go and get back to you! Smile

-- Well everything seems to be a lot smoother now and it didn't get stuck on the saving part so im guessing everything is great now, thanks for all the help!  Hammertime

Anything else ?

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Denis0715 on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 02:41

That's it! Smile

Moderator edit: Problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos
Denis0715
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum