Loading Screen Problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Loading Screen Problems

Post by Sapphykins on Tue 11 Feb 2014, 21:54

I've looked and looked for two days on how to solve this problem, and yet no know can give me a straight answer anywhere.

My game, up until I try to load a saved game or even start a new one, starts up fine. Makes it to the main option screen to pick a town and such. I select an option, or a previous game, and start the loading process. And wait. And wait. And wait. Only to have it never load. The total time I've waited is an hour and 4 minutes. And still nothing.

I've have tried most things that were suggested to other people.

> Clear cache in documents/electronic arts/the sims 3 folder and others that were suggested.
> Change your file to back up save file AND vice versa.
> I've change my compatibility settings on the expansions from windows 8 to windows 7, then to windows vista service pack 2, then back to windows 8.
> I un-installed everything, all expansions (have all except fast lane, WA, and katyperry's) and even the base game, and the reinstalled everything again. 
> I've ran the game without custom content, without mods. Still not loading.
> It's updated to 1.67, and has been ultimately fixed. Was before the loading screen problem and such. And it's applied again.

I'm running out of options here. I was playing the game perfectly the other day, and then I saved and exited. No problems closing, it did its thing fine. So later, I went to start the game and this problem arose. I haven't been able to play it since. Can't even start a new game.  No updates on my computer to conflict, nothing newly installed. I just don't get it and nothing I try is fixing this.

Note: This interactive screen has nothing to do with my problem because it does it to both screen types.

Sapphykins
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Loading Screen Problems

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 11 Feb 2014, 23:54

@Sapphykins wrote:I've looked and looked for two days on how to solve this problem, and yet no know can give me a straight answer anywhere.

My game, up until I try to load a saved game or even start a new one, starts up fine. Makes it to the main option screen to pick a town and such. I select an option, or a previous game, and start the loading process. And wait. And wait. And wait. Only to have it never load. The total time I've waited is an hour and 4 minutes. And still nothing.

I've have tried most things that were suggested to other people.

> Clear cache in documents/electronic arts/the sims 3 folder and others that were suggested.
> Change your file to back up save file AND vice versa.
> I've change my compatibility settings on the expansions from windows 8 to windows 7, then to windows vista service pack 2, then back to windows 8.
> I un-installed everything, all expansions (have all except fast lane, WA, and katyperry's) and even the base game, and the reinstalled everything again. 
> I've ran the game without custom content, without mods. Still not loading.
> It's updated to 1.67, and has been ultimately fixed. Was before the loading screen problem and such. And it's applied again.

I'm running out of options here. I was playing the game perfectly the other day, and then I saved and exited. No problems closing, it did its thing fine. So later, I went to start the game and this problem arose. I haven't been able to play it since. Can't even start a new game.  No updates on my computer to conflict, nothing newly installed. I just don't get it and nothing I try is fixing this.

Note: This interactive screen has nothing to do with my problem because it does it to both screen types.

Hello,

I was going to suggest that this error is usually caused by incomptible core-mods, but although you said you already tried that, again: please make sure you delete or move out everything that is in the following location: My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. Make sure that this "Packages"-folder is really empty.

Then, go to
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and look for the file scriptCache.package. Please delete that file.

Now, re-start the game and see if that works. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14081

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum