Sims 3 Island Paradise Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Island Paradise Error

Post by Quenax on Wed 12 Feb 2014, 17:35

Hello,
I've got a problem with my sims 3. So i've got all ep and sp except into the future and movie stuff. Whenever i try to load the game it says "Unable to start the game. Service initialization failed (0x0175dcbb". If i load it with the launcher, when the game loads (after the loading screen) there will be no text (like description of the town or the menu options) and so i can't start the game or even exit. I had this problem for months. I reinstalled, it doesn't work, i deleted cache files, still doesn't work, and i applied the ultimate fix and still nothing. I'm using windows 7. Can someone help me? I'm a big fan of sims 3 and i didn't play it from the day it stopped working, which means 6 months...
Quenax
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (series), Oblivion, League of Legends, Pokemon Black and White
Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Island Paradise Error

Post by Shamrock on Wed 12 Feb 2014, 22:35

Please see this video.
It should help you solve your problem.

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quenax on Thu 13 Feb 2014, 13:55

I don't have any errors with the launcher, it's just that when i load the game with it, after the loading screen there's no text and i can't exit or start the game. I still looked at the registry and there are no leftover keys for the expansions i don't have.
Quenax
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims (series), Oblivion, League of Legends, Pokemon Black and White

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 10:25

Hello,

This error does suggest a registry error, but if you're sure that's impossible, lets see what else it could be.
Did something specific happen prior to the error coming up for the first time? Installed or uninstalled anything?

Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15118

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quenax on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 13:57

Well the last time i could play sims 3 without problems as i said was before 6 months or so but then it started to crash so often i had to uninstall (then i had windows8). After that i got windows 7 back and installed my sims 3. I had errors with my launcher and i couldn't fix it so i uninstalled. This week i reinstalled sims 3 again and i only have an error if i run my game without the launcher. If i open the launcher i'll be able to load the game but in the menu there's no text (stories for towns, families or anything else) which also means i can't exit or start a game normally. Also, i'm using a laptop but i don't think that matters cause my game did work before for a while..
Quenax
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ellajohnson on Fri 14 Feb 2014, 17:27

Hello, Very Happy
You can take a look at this topic if you're missing texts in TS3.
Hope it helps!
Good luck!

ellajohnson
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Chicken Invaders, Fishdom, League
Female Posts : 308

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quenax on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 20:55

Hi, sorry for not responding earlier.
It seems to be working for now Very Happy 
There's only one thing, when i load the game it says "It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification...", but i can still play if i click continue. Thanks for helping me anyway!
Quenax
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 15:14

Anything else we can help you with?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quenax on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 12:39

Well my game worked perfectly for weeks and now after i played 3 hours of sims 3 it froze and then said sims 3 has stopped working. It actually happened twice. I don't have any cc except aurora skies town and items. I think that's why it started to crash but i'm not sure so i didn't want to remove it...
Quenax
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 16:22

@Quenax wrote:Well my game worked perfectly for weeks and now after i played 3 hours of sims 3 it froze and then said sims 3 has stopped working. It actually happened twice. I don't have any cc except aurora skies town and items. I think that's why it started to crash but i'm not sure so i didn't want to remove it...

Hello,

Can you try shortening your playing sessions, for a start ? Smile  Even with high(er)-end computers it's not a good idea to play for so long, without exiting the Sims 3. So play for a while (an hour or so), exit the game for a while, and then re-start, if you want.

Also, just to make sure: have another look at this here and (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Now, have a look at this other topic here and do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" fromhere. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that'sC:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. Also, turning down some graphics settings in the in-game options menu can help prventing crashes too, especially if your computer and/or graphics card is not so strong.

Good luck ! Smile  

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum