"There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

Post by Aleksandrica on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 09:38

Hello. I tried to install Sims 3 with all expansions and stuff, did everything that you said, but still have a problem. When I click at launcher it says : There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details. Then I only can click Ok and then launcher exit itself.

In the middle of installing the expansions my memory on C: goes full so I removed all Electronic Arts from Program files to D: (D:\Program Files\ Electronic Arts...) .

I don't know why, but base game is still on C: so i cracked there everything that have in base game folder, and other cracks (for stuffs and expansions) are on D:

Maybe that's the problem?

Help me somehow.
Using Windows7

*and sorry for bad english

THANK YOU

//EDIT

I also try to do what you guys say in the video on youtube, but it doesn't work because I have installed ALL expansions.

Aleksandrica
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details."

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 12:57

@Aleksandrica wrote:
Hello. I tried to install Sims 3 with all expansions and stuff, did everything that you said, but still have a problem. When I click at launcher it says : There was a error during startup. Please see the Log for more details. Then I only can click Ok and then launcher exit itself.

In the middle of installing the expansions my memory on C: goes full so I removed all Electronic Arts from Program files to D: (D:\Program Files\ Electronic Arts...) .

I don't know why, but base game is still on C: so i cracked there everything that have in base game folder, and other cracks (for stuffs and expansions) are on D:

Maybe that's the problem?

Help me somehow.
Using Windows7

*and sorry for bad english

THANK YOU

//EDIT

I also try to do what you guys say in the video on youtube, but it doesn't work because I have installed ALL expansions.

Hello,

Try going the steps from #2 to #4 in that guide here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Follow these steps exactly as they are described. Then re-start the game.

And could you please use the "edit"-button on your post, if you want to modify your original messge ? Thanks. Wink  (I just merged your double-post; into one single post).

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksandrica on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 13:14

I did it. Nothing changes. 
This time I cracked base game on C: and on D: but still nothing...
I will reinstall everything and try again...  Sad 
But this time I will clean my memory on D: first, and everything will be there, at one place. (will that be a problem, because it will not be on C: as always?)
Thank you for your time.  I love you

Aleksandrica
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Feb 2014, 13:29

@Aleksandrica wrote:I did it. Nothing changes. 
This time I cracked base game on C: and on D: but still nothing...
I will reinstall everything and try again...  Sad 
But this time I will clean my memory on D: first, and everything will be there, at one place. (will that be a problem, because it will not be on C: as always?)
Thank you for your time.  I love you

My suggestion would be that you try to make as much space as possible on C:, and install everything there. If you really don't have enough space for all games, then install on the D: drive.

However, you still need enough space on C: anyway, because your savefiles, mods and custom content will be saved there automatically (you can't change that). Also, you need a bit of extra space on C: for the computer to work properly. So you see, having enough space on C: is very important.

And you should ONLY have ONE base game (you said you have it installed "on both C: and D:" ?!). 

After you un-install, re-boot the computer. And then re-install, following the instructions ("must-read guide") that I posted before. Good luck ! Smile 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum