Black screen and custom content

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Black screen and custom content

Post by pl_in_nl on Sun 16 Feb 2014, 16:09

Hello,
I had a problem with all the time getting a black screen while turnin on the sims 3, but I have solved it by deleting the sims 3 folder from ea games and now they work very smoothly. But the thing is I dont have any custom content I downloaded or music I putted in the folder. Therefore I have a question if there is any possibility to have it back in my game without the black screen problem?
Thank you in advance
pl_in_nl
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Black screen and custom content

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 09:36

pl_in_nl wrote:Hello,
I had a problem with all the time getting a black screen while turnin on the sims 3, but I have solved it by deleting the sims 3 folder from ea games and now they work very smoothly. But the thing is I dont have any custom content I downloaded or music I putted in the folder. Therefore I have a question if there is any possibility to have it back in my game without the black screen problem?
Thank you in advance

Hello,

Check out my suggestions in the following topic: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t14295-ts3-black-screen-nothing-working-solved

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pl_in_nl on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:17

Like I said I have already solved my problem with the black screen it works perfectly now. My real question was if I can get my custom content back without downloading it all again?

Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 11:31

pl_in_nl wrote:Like I said I have already solved my problem with the black screen it works perfectly now. My real question was if I can get my custom content back without downloading it all again?

I'm sorry, but if you already DELETED your "The Sims 3" folder, with all your mods/CC, then it will be a bit tricky to get them back, if you can't restore them from your Recycle Bin. You can google for "file restore" tools though...

In any way, deleting that folder was a big mistake and absolutely unnecessary; it would have been perfectly enough to  just RENAME that folder, and when you start the game, a new "fresh" folder will be recreated.

And yes, please re-read the topic I linked to before. Whenever you install new .sims3pack custom content, you have to make sure that you delete this downloadedsims.index file and these files with the .tmp ending in the DCCache folder.

Again, look into your Recycle Bin. If the folder is still there, then drag the folder out with your mouse, onto the desktop. Then just take the following folders: DCCache, Saves, Installed Worlds. Copy and paste these folders into your new folder, My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. When prompted overwrite everything.

If it's not there, then you'll have to find a way to restore the folder. In that case, Google will help you.

//EDIT

And if you can't restore the folder, then I'm afraid you have to start from scratch again and re-download the stuff.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by pl_in_nl on Wed 19 Feb 2014, 20:05

I found almost all of them on my external hard disc, so it is all good I can just download the rest. But unfortunately my game works much slower Sad Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? 
Oh and thank you for all given help Smile

Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 20 Feb 2014, 09:34

pl_in_nl wrote:I found almost all of them on my external hard disc, so it is all good I can just download the rest. But unfortunately my game works much slower Sad Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? 
Oh and thank you for all given help Smile

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all of the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

More generally, have a look at the following topic: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes

Re-start the game then and play on. Good luck again !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum