Sims 3 has stopped working! (NEED HELP, PLEASE)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working! (NEED HELP, PLEASE)

Post by simmer2098 on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 04:03

I am new to the forum so please be easy. 
No  No  No I know this issue has been posted many times but none actually helped me. I installed the Sims 3 and the expansions packs (I have Ambition, Seasons, Pets, Showtime, Latenight, Generation) following the install manual the forum has. After finished installing, I played the game and I went straight to edit town, suddenly, the game quit and it just stopped working. At first, I only thought that it was an edit town bug or something like that, then I went again to create a Sim, it works perfectly for the first 15 minutes(ish) but then it again stopped working. I have research for like weeks and tried everything I saw, re install the game for like 10 more times and NOTHING helped! (I already tried DEP) Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad. Please help me, I am just stuck in this miserableness. I am using window 8 BTW.

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014 <== I tried this but nothing worked.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  No  No  No  No

Last edited by simmer2098 on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 08:59; edited 2 times in total

simmer2098
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 has stopped working! (NEED HELP, PLEASE)

Post by LoriliHime on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 04:21

Did you update to the latest version using the manual patch and then place the crack files from the #Crack folder in the Ultimate Fix to the base game bin folder? This usually fixes a good amount of errors so I want to be sure.

Just for Giggles
LoriliHime
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Elder Scrolls
Female Posts : 199

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmer2098 on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 04:25

Yes, already did all of that from the install guide, still, it didn't help much...

simmer2098
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 09:14

@simmer2098 wrote:Yes, already did all of that from the install guide, still, it didn't help much...

//MOVED

Hello,

Now, have another look look at the article here and do all steps (but leave out step#1 for now): http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is 64-bit version, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows a is 32-bit version.

Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

And now...can you post some system specs of your computer ? Are you playing on a laptop or desktop ? Can you also go into the base game location (usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin) and right-click on the TS3W.exe, choosing run as Administrator ? If you have Windows Vista,7 or 8...

Also, make sure to completely turn off your anti-virus system before playing The Sims 3.

Good luck for now !

//EDIT

And could you please stop bumping ? I just deleted 3 other posts of yours, in which you asked the same question. Please keep ALL your problems in this topic only.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simmer2098 on Sat 22 Feb 2014, 13:07

Hi,
I am extremely sorry for the other threats I made, i was just so confused and sad of the game. 
Anyways, yes I have done most of the steps from the website you gave me (i am really confuse with step 4 and step 7, maybe you can help?), already deleted the file you gave and ran the game as the administrator but it didn't work.  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  
I am currently using a Window 8 laptop, 32 operating bit system. Processor: Intel(R) Core(Tm) i3 CPU, 4GB RAM. Anymore ideas? Thanks a lot anyways for trying.

//EDIT

Well this is really depressing, no respond...

Helper Edit: Like Carlos said, can you stop bumping? Wait for a helper/moderator to help you, instead of abusing your posting right. If your topic isn't answered in more than 24 hours, send a private message to any of the helpers/moderators so that they can have a look at it and respond to it.

-J.T.

simmer2098
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: