Can't connect to orgins - fast crash. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't connect to orgins - fast crash. [SOLVED]

Post by mariahrose318 on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 13:49

I have downloaded the game, fixes, and then Masters suite stuff successfully. All downloaded just fine and I followed instructions to a T. Now I bring up the game, and it says it cannot connect to orgins. It loads the "previews" and the Masters suite stuff bar.. then it crashes and brings up my computer message to locate what happened. 
Not sure what I did wrong.. any idea how to fix ?

Noob  Help

mariahrose318
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Can't connect to orgins - fast crash. [SOLVED]

Post by Shamrock on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 15:02

Is your base game from Origin?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mariahrose318 on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 15:03

Base game was downloaded from G4TW. Not sure what that would be/mean.

//EDIT: When I downloaded my Expansions, I followed instructions to put the TS3W .. etc.. files from the Crack folder into the Game>Bin from the base game. I believe I replaced the others rather than adding them, and that may have been where I went wrong. Was I supposed to replace, or just add? 
I have also replaced with Ultimate Fix.

mariahrose318
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 15:46

Please do not double post.
No, this is the right thing to do.
Why do you need origin then?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mariahrose318 on Mon 24 Feb 2014, 23:46

It's just something that keeps popping up.. not even sure it is related to the crash. I am re-installing the expansions now, and the update. Will update whether that works or not

//EDIT

Re-installation of the expansions didn't work. Re-installing everything, now.

//EDIT

Yup.. Still having the same issue. I re-downloaded EVERYTHING properly. Followed the instructions to correctly download it, and everything. Just finished the patch.. and then did the "ultimate fix" correctly. It is still crashing as soon as the preview loads are finished. Base game previews, Masters Suite Stuff load, and then the Appaloosa plains load for the pets expansion.. then it crashes and says Windows is trying to solve the problem. 
I have no clue why this is happening, because after doing this a second time and following the directions step by step... It makes no sense.

//EDIT

I have a newer windows computer, and it makes no sense why this is happening.

//EDIT

and I am running as administrator

Helper Edit: Please in the future, if no one replies to your post, edit your latest post instead of double- or triple- or multiple-postiing. What you did have violated the forum rules. Thank you for your attention.

-J.T.

mariahrose318
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:49

Hello,

Un-installing and re-installing in a way that doesn't clean and clear the leftovers and remaining registry is not very smart. This may create a bigger problem than it actually should be.

Can you tell us what you have done regarding installing the games and applying manual patch (if applicable) and applying the crack? Give us detailed description of what you have done please. You should tell us also which crack you have used and where you have placed the crack to (the folder directory).

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mariahrose318 on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:22

I downloaded base game, then downloaded Masters suite stuff, and the pets expansion. Following, I downloaded the latest patch (from here) and I updated the base game. After, I used the ultimate fix (correctly, I swear Smile). 
The game had the crashing issue before any expansions, with expansions, and with patch and fix. 
I have tried windowing the Sims 3, lowering graphics, checking my video card settings, adding the DEP files in my control panel. I have tried loading Appaloosa plains and Sunset Valley and both crash during the load, or immediately before it is fully loaded in.
I have tried every possible application as a launcher, and have been running as administrator.

Have been working on it and researching for over 24 hours. I am not sure if it is something going wrong on my computer, or if I am just missing an obvious mistake I am making.

mariahrose318
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:26

@mariahrose318 wrote:I downloaded base game, then downloaded Masters suite stuff, and the pets expansion. Following, I downloaded the latest patch (from here) and I updated the base game. After, I used the ultimate fix (correctly, I swear Smile). 
The game had the crashing issue before any expansions, with expansions, and with patch and fix. 
I have tried windowing the Sims 3, lowering graphics, checking my video card settings, adding the DEP files in my control panel. I have tried loading Appaloosa plains and Sunset Valley and both crash during the load, or immediately before it is fully loaded in.
I have tried every possible application as a launcher, and have been running as administrator.

You may think you have applied the Ultimate Fix correctly, but one small mistake (I mean a mistake in patching and applying the Ultimate Fix) can ruin the game. Can you be more descriptive and tell us how you applied the Ultimate Fix? Screenshots showing which folder you applied the Ultimate Fix to will be helpful.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mariahrose318 on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:29

I applied it to the Program Files (x86)>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Game>Bin.
I dropped the two files in, and replaced the old ones with them. I do believe I did that incorrectly the very first time.. but I erased and uninstalled all of The Sims 3 before re-trying and installing (not sure if that makes a difference).
I did this the second time around, after the patch was completed.

The Origins message is not popping up anymore, but the crash is still happening.

mariahrose318
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 17:39

@mariahrose318 wrote:I applied it to the Program Files (x86)>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Game>Bin.
I dropped the two files in, and replaced the old ones with them. I do believe I did that incorrectly the very first time.. but I erased and uninstalled all of The Sims 3 before re-trying and installing (not sure if that makes a difference).
I did this the second time around, after the patch was completed.

The Origins message is not popping up anymore, but the crash is still happening.

Hello,

What is "it", when you talked about applying something to that folder? I question this mainly because there are lots of files in the Ultimate Fix, and you didn't specify which.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mariahrose318 on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 19:42

There are only two files in the #crack folder. I don't know the exact file names for them, at the moment.
The two files were put into the listed folder, above, to replace the other two files.

I decided that it was something with my computer, or the base game (as this happened before any expansions). With that, I have bought and downloaded the game from Origin. Am I to do the exact process to get Expansions?
 I am downloading base game still. It seems Windows 8 just has some stupid settings that was blocking out The Sims 3 and Origin from working on my computer. After talking to their team, and changing some settings.. it seems everything will work now. Had nothing to do with any errors on G4TW or My part. Thank you all for your patience! I will make sure to update that everything is working well, once I know Smile

Update: Origin would not install the game.. even after going through every possible solution with EA live chat. My computer is quite possibly a piece of crap... I am not really sure. Trying Torrent downloads and the process one last time, but if it doesn't work.. I am giving up. This has been an extremely frustrating 3 days. Thanks again, everyone! Wish it would have been me being stupid, or something wrong on our part.. so we could find a solution (x poop.

BINGO! IT'S WORKING! Smile Thanks so much for your patience with me! Smile

Mod edit: I'm closing the topic now. if you have any other questions, or if you want to re-open this here, PM me. Have fun !

- Carlos

mariahrose318
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum