The Sims 3 University Never Loads

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 University Never Loads

Post by Jessica_Revolver on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 15:56

I downloaded the ultimate fix the same day that I installed my newest extensions Island Paradise and University Life. I have several of the other extensions and I applied the crack to each corresponding folder per instructions. I know that the crack for the Island Paradise and University life are the same and go directly in to the Sims 3 folder. The Island Paradise loads fine (although it suddenly crashes from time to time specially while on CAS) but when I try to send my SIM to the university it just stays loading and never opens up. I have to force close the game and start over again. I don't know what could be causing this as my knowledge of this stuff is very limited. I have a nointro MOD that I noticed my game tends to actually load a lot slower once I've selected my town and family to play. I thought that maybe that could be the culprit to why University won't load so I removed it but now the Island Life won't even load. I'm out of ideas and I really don't wanna have to uninstall and re-install everything given the fact that I have no many extensions and that my computer is so slow. Please  Help  I am going mad here. 

PS: I just want to thank all of the mods here and all of the creators of Games 4 the world. You guys do a great job at providing an awesome crack and fast support! You guys rock cheers 

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3-4, Heavy Rain, Rock Band
Female Posts : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 University Never Loads

Post by J.T. on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 17:35

Hello,

If you have a look at the *Must Read* guide here, you will realise that you do not need any files inside the Ultimate Fix except for the content of the folder # Crack. If you have mixed the order of applying any of the files inside, your game can go haywire. BUT, since you have mentioned you can load the game, I am almost certain that you have applied the content of # Crack in the Ultimate Fix, as the last step of installing and cracking your game. Am I correct?

Your games seemed to have a "symptom" that nearly (or more than) 80% of users will encounter if they choose to install the game. I am talking about loading seeming to take up at least 10 minutes of gameplay, and severely ever more than 20 minutes, and that is actually pretty normal, especially when you run the game on a low-end computer.

However, the following issue must be addressed, and that is what we call "Infinite Loading Screen". This can be caused by corrupted caches, by which I mean:

They can only be found in the folder (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3. I suggest cleaning them up regularly to prevent corruption. This might solve the long loading time problem too.

I am not sure if I understand your third problem. What do you mean by "Island Life doesn't load"? Can you further elaborate?

Eagerly waiting for your detailed explanation, as well as result.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica_Revolver on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 17:43

Thank you for your help, I will try these steps you mentioned in hopes of a remedy. When I say the Island Life will not load now I am referring to having removed the "NoIntro" mod that I had previously in place. I had removed it to see if that was what was causing my University game not to load. But after I did so the game won't load at all. So the issue still remains.

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 17:59

@Jessica_Revolver wrote:Thank you for your help, I will try these steps you mentioned in hopes of a remedy. When I say the Island Life will not load now I am referring to having removed the "NoIntro" mod that I had previously in place. I had removed it to see if that was what was causing my University game not to load. But after I did so the game won't load at all. So the issue still remains.

As far as I know, NoIntro is a tuning mod that doesn't need to be updated and it is compatible with any version of the game, so removing it will not solve the problem.

If you are saying the Sims University never loads (as in "But after I did so the game won't load at all"), you might want to get some help from Nraas mods. But that should be served as the last resort.

Anyway, let us know the result. Good luck!

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica_Revolver on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 18:00

Thank you, I will try the steps you gave me later today.

//EDIT

Hello  

Okay so I cleared all of the cashes. But now I have an issue, the game is giving me trouble saving while in game and one of my sims is not able to use her cellphone. 

Again, thanks for the help  

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 28 Feb 2014, 06:56

@Jessica_Revolver wrote:Hello Smile 

Okay so I cleared all of the cashes. But now I have an issue, the game is giving me trouble saving while in game and one of my sims is not able to use her cellphone. 

Again, thanks for the help  Laughing

Hello,

Are you using any Custom Content/Mods rather than just NoIntro?

Mod edit: Topic moved to the right section.

- Carlos

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica_Revolver on Sat 01 Mar 2014, 17:55