The Impending Blackness and Freezes but Running?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Impending Blackness and Freezes but Running?

Post by Hanakazari on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 19:32

I've never had this happen before when playing the sims, but recently, if I play for a few hours, the menus start to go black, and it starts to run laggy, and then I can't save my game at all. I keep getting the Error Code 12 when saving, no matter how I try to save it. I've looked up what the code meant, and it says that I don't have enough memory, which is nonsense, because I have 4gb of Ram. I was wondering if there's someway I can fix this so i stop getting the error, or so things stop going black when I play for more than a few hours. It takes so long for things to load in my games sometimes, that it takes a full 2 hours just to make the sim, and then another hour to construct their home, by that time, the game won't save and starts going black. I just want to be able to play the Sims without so much hassle. Can someone please help me?

EDIT// So, upon starting a new game, saving every few times, I also ran into another problem. My game freezes, where I can't move the camera, or anything, I can't do anything. However, I can still hear music coming from the radio, and other ambient noises, such as chickens. I can also see the wings moving(she's a fairy) and her plumbob is moving, and in Task manager is says it's Running. It doesn't say it's not responding. I don't know how to get it to start back up again...or why it's doing this. Please help!

Hanakazari
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Civilization 4, Kingdom Hearts
Female Posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Impending Blackness and Freezes but Running?

Post by HelloLove98 on Wed 26 Feb 2014, 05:59

For the blackness and lag, you can try downloading mods like MasterController, Overwatch, Saver, and ErrorTrap, as well as these:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Files

http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+to+use+S3PE+to+clean+up+your+save-game

As for the weird freezing and continuing animations, its a crash. I have experienced this before and it could be a chance that it's a corrupt save file, there's a stuck sim in town, or something within your computer. I'd recommend that you save your household and home in edit town library bin, close the game, start up again, delete the original save file and then make a completely new one. That's what I did and I can play with no problems.

Wish you best of luck Smile

The Sims 3 plumbob

HelloLove98
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, and NBA 2K
Female Posts : 57

View user profile