Hello! I'm back with another problem. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hello! I'm back with another problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 21:24

Madalina wrote:Can you also please tell me how to update the mods I have?
Sorry if you told me to and if I didn't understand but I'm a bit slow when it comes to computers haha.
I kept on searching how to update them or if there's a program that might do this but I couldn't find anything.

Well, first of all you would have to identify your mods, and basically be aware that you "have" these mods...

Then go to the source(s) of your mods and re-download newer versions of them. You'll have to read the description(s) of each and every mod (to get the LATEST versions). And after you re-downloaded them, put them all into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages. When you are prompted, choose "copy and replace". And then delete this scriptCache.package file I mentioned before.

And that's it basically - there is not that much behind this actually. Take your time when searching through your content in that Mods/Packages folder. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Madalina on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 17:50

Yeah you were right,Carlos..it took me some time though,till I decided to delete all the mods haha..
I had too many sliders and some corrupted files as well.
I deleted those and I tried to start the game but it still didn't work..
Then I got annoyed and deleted them all but at least I can play now .
Thank you so much for helping me again!  Very Happy

Madalina
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 18:00

Madalina wrote:Yeah you were right,Carlos..it took me some time though,till I decided to delete all the mods haha..
I had too many sliders and some corrupted files as well.
I deleted those and I tried to start the game but it still didn't work..
Then I got annoyed and deleted them all but at least I can play now .
Thank you so much for helping me again!  Very Happy

Hello again,

Well, that sounds like progress ! Very Happy  You are very welcome. For the future, again, you always have to make sure to read the description(s) of the stuff you download. Not only do you have to make sure that the stuff is compatible with your current base game version, but you also have to ensure that there are no conflicts with other mods/CC.

You could try "Delphy's dashboard" (google for it). This tool can help you identify conflicts between CC files in
.package-file format. Keep in mind though that it is not always reliable. Laughing  But for the beginning, it's certainly a nice tool.

If you have any other questions for now, go ahead. Otherwise, I'll close the topic. Smile 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Madalina on Fri 14 Mar 2014, 18:42

Hey!
Yeah haha you can call it like that. Very Happy 
No questions anymore,for now.If there'll be other problems,I'll open a new topic.
Thanks a lot for that tool.I couldn't really find anything to help me identify the bad CC..
I only got that monkey helper,but the one you told me about,seems to work better.
Keep up the work!! Very Happy

Mod edit: Indeed, feel free to open a new topic if you have any other questions. Smile  Or PM me, so that i can re.open this one. As you wish. Have fun with the game ! Very Happy

The Sims Plumbob 1

- Carlos

Madalina
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 4,Aion,Far Cry 4
Female Posts : 22

View user profile