Store fix - Ultimate fix questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store fix - Ultimate fix questions

Post by wheeter on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 17:20

There was a recent patch which keeps pirated neighborhoods and items from showing up in game, although launcher says they are already there.  Does the Ultimate fix or Store fix eliminate this problem?

I am actually using the complete game from another torrent (not yours) and it works excellently (have had it for over a year with all expansions).   Help Are your fixes compatible with this installation?

Thanks for any help you can give.  I'm new at this forum and it's a little confusing trying to find things.

wheeter
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Skyrim, The Witcher, Minecraft
Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Store fix - Ultimate fix questions

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 18:50

@wheeter wrote:There was a recent patch which keeps pirated neighborhoods and items from showing up in game, although launcher says they are already there.  Does the Ultimate fix or Store fix eliminate this problem?

I am actually using the complete game from another torrent (not yours) and it works excellently (have had it for over a year with all expansions).   Help Are your fixes compatible with this installation?

Thanks for any help you can give.  I'm new at this forum and it's a little confusing trying to find things.

Hello,

I honestly don't know whether the "Ultimate fix" from here works with your download.

The purpose of the "Ultimate fix" is that it allows you to play the game without having to insert a physical DVD. But in order for this to work, you'll need at least one of the expansions mentioned here. The games from G4TW are basically "unmodified", which means they are technically the same as the retail versions. The Ultimate fix may not work with certain "modified collections" like "BlackBox"; also, the fix doesn't work with Steam games (of course).

The "store fixes" fix problems with certain in-game objects from the store; like resetting issues when using these objects. Read up on this here first, an then download the store fixes here.

I have never heard that there is a patch which "detects" cracked content in your Sims 3 game; can you post a link to that supposed patch ?

In either case, the Ultimate fix may not work for you, but the "store fix" will most likely. And whenever you install new (store) content, you should go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all of the following, before starting the game:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Then start the game.

If the Ultimate fix doesn't work, check the source of your download for any other possible cracks. Good luck !

P.S. I'm not ashamed to say though, that personally, I'm a bit reluctant to give support on non-Games4TheWorld releases. Other Helpers/Mods may handle that differently, but that's my "opinion". Wink 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 19:08

@wheeter wrote:There was a recent patch which keeps pirated neighborhoods and items from showing up in game, although launcher says they are already there.  Does the Ultimate fix or Store fix eliminate this problem?

Hello,

Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!
Indeed, if it's a modified installer (an installer that, for example, installs all the expansion packs at once), you might run into problems, since adding expansion packs or updating your game with such versions is almost always impossible.

Carlos wrote: (...) also, the fix doesn't work with Steam games (of course).
Technically, the Fix should work with Steam versions of the game too. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\)
The only problem with Steam base game versions, is that it's usually not recognized as a separately installed game by your PC and therefore you'll not be able to add new expansion packs. Because in order to install new expansion packs, you need the base game first. (Which your PC doesn't recognize)
That can be fixed easily though, by installing the Games4theworld version of the base game. There's no difference with the original version at all.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 05 Mar 2014, 19:17

Admin wrote:
Carlos wrote: (...) also, the fix doesn't work with Steam games (of course).

Technically, the Fix should work with Steam versions of the game too. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\)
The only problem with Steam base game versions, is that it's usually not recognized as a separately installed game by your PC and therefore you'll not be able to add new expansion packs. Because in order to install new expansion packs, you need the base game first. (Which your PC doesn't recognize)
That can be fixed easily though, by installing the Games4theworld version of the base game. There's no difference with the original version at all.

Unfortunately (Razz ) I don't have the possibility to test that, but it would be interesting though.

While we're at it: I imagine that the same goes for the Black Box: you'll have to use the G4TW or retail base game, instead of the BlackBox one. Very Happy

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wheeter on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 14:18

Thank you all for your kind replies.  The game that I am running was offered on torrent by Gil-Y.  He had a thank you to you guys as a note, so maybe you know him.  The game is pretty much un-fooled-around-with except for a crack, so I think it's similar to your version.  Anyway... one morning I tried to run the game only to find my neighborhoods were gone except for the basic ones and purchased ones.  I looked in the installed worlds folder - and they were really gone.  Thank goodness I had my saves backed up and another copy of the worlds as backup.  If I tried to reinstall a world via launcher, launcher told me they were already installed.  Where did they go?  All I could think of was that an update had done something to block them.  I'm probably wrong, but it's the only thing that I could think of.  After putting the worlds back, the game runs with occasional errors about missing objects.  Then I noticed I was missing some key items - cow plant, archery lists, medieval fencing, medieval grill (dragon valley), wisteria vines, the cow milking shed... and more.  None of my custom content is missing, just store items and such.  My expansions come from Gil-Y except for Paradise Island and Into the Future which I bought.  All of my other store content is from rachel's toolbox.  I am an experienced player and am very familiar with the files and folders, package files and mod files, & programs for modding.

Anyway... I had been running the Store Fix from you guys, an older one.  I put in the more recent one and got my wisteria vines back, and probably other things as well.  But the items listed above are still missing.  I had been afraid to run the Launcher at all after this happened, but I think I will try to uninstall and reinstall some worlds and items and see if it works.   I guess I am paranoid thinking that 'the company' somehow decimated my stuff through an update... (but I wouldn't put it past them if they could).  I have no idea what happened to my files, it's really weird.

But thank you all!   Smile

wheeter
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wheeter on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 14:20

Oh - one more thing... the store fixes offered by rachelstoolbox along with her decrappified files - is it the same as yours or should I maybe use hers instead since it's offered with her files?

wheeter
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down