Help! Start up error, have tried everything I can think of!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help! Start up error, have tried everything I can think of!

Post by jadeylady on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 04:57

Hi I'm really hoping someone can help me, pretty close to pulling my hair out!

I went to play Sims 3 one day recently and got an error saying the game failed to load, please check log. 

I uninstalled the entire game + all expansions and reinstalled to no avail, instead now I got an error during installation "sunsetvalley.object cache"

I ALWAYS install according to your must read, correct install page (has always been a God send)

My games were games4theworld downloads but I had also previously bought an electronic version of the base game from Origin, so I installed that, and again used your manual patch and ultimate fix, but got the same failure to start up error.

I found your video on clearing any old sims 3 files from the register and found a few, deleted them.

I then restarted and installed again, this time it installed with no problems but still I got the failure to start up error.

I then saw your thread about deleting the folder Documents> sims 3, so I uninstalled, restarted and reinstalled, deleted the file, Still the same error.

I also saw a link a registry cleaner you recommended but sadly the link was broken.

I have defragged my system, updated my graphics card drivers. I know its not my machine as the game always ran on it like a dream with all expansions. I don't expect EA to be of any help.

Really at my wits end now, I must have reinstalled 50x in two days. I have heard that it can be a region error, but I have no idea how to fix that.

There must be something I haven't tried. Please help

//EDIT: Oh! I also tried to bypass the launcher sims3.exe > run as administrator. No joy.

//EDIT: Hi guys, after so much stress and frustration I fixed my game. I wanted to report back here and detail how, so that anyone else going through this can sort out their problem. It came down to a problem with files stuck in the wrong places. I had to do a manual uninstall through my computers registry. There is an article online detailing exactly how to do this but apparently I'm not allowed to post it here yet as a new member. 

Persistence pays off, although I came close to chucking my laptop out the window!
I am so happy that I can play my game again!!  

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help! Start up error, have tried everything I can think of!

Post by Shamrock on Sat 08 Mar 2014, 13:54

Sorry no one was here to help sooner...
Glad you fixed it yourself!
Anything else we can help you with?

Have some tea, and take care!
Best regards,

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum