Costume Contents Crash the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Costume Contents Crash the game

Post by darkprince_305 on Thu 06 Mar 2014, 23:43

hey guy's i followed all the instruction on how to install the sims 3 correctly but am still having this issue with the CC's
at first the game was running great but i installed win 8 recently so i basically deleted everything including the sims 3 and all the Expansions and save data and i re-installed it again the same way but each time i try to buy one of the costume contents in the buy mode the game crashes to desktop, it happens only in build/buy mode, the hair and clothes are working fine but objects like chairs cause the game to crash each time i try to buy them in the buy mode, am getting desperate here Sad
thank's in advance

darkprince_305
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Costume Contents Crash the game

Post by Shamrock on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 20:10

Well if you have a Pirated game and are trying to use the Store, it will not work...

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by darkprince_305 on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 15:04

i downloaded CC's From thesimsresource website
the game is pirated but am not trying to buy from EA store, am talking about the in-game Buy/Build mod

darkprince_305
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 16:17

@darkprince_305 wrote:i downloaded CC's From thesimsresource website
the game is pirated but am not trying to buy from EA store, am talking about the in-game Buy/Build mod

Hello,

Try
going to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game and see if anything improved. If it crashes again, repeat this process I described (i.e. delete these cache files again). Next time though, when you start the game, try and see if the same happens in a NEW savegame.

Good luck !

P.S. Keep in mind though that some of the CCs from TSR might be corrupted; and if they are .sims3pack files then there is no "direct" way I can think of to identify these corrupt items.

Things like this are the reason why I usually avoid most of these "third-party" CC items (= stuff that wasn't made by professionals, unlike the official store items from EA).
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum