Nothing is working! Game won't load!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nothing is working! Game won't load!

Post by walruschild on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 05:36

I downloaded the base game and the Supernatural expansion pack.

I installed the patch like 3 times and have reapplied the #crack at least a dozen times now. I put the game in windowed mode and lowered the graphics, but nothing is working. I even did everything listed here in Carlos' post:

"Then go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Also, try starting the game from the TS3W.exe in your base game location, usually C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin."

The game only gets to the second load screen (after you select the town) and then crashes with an error that says "Sims 3 has stopped working."

No one could help me in my last thread... Someone please help me out!

Warning:  Noob 

walruschild
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Nothing is working! Game won't load!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 11:36

@walruschild wrote:I downloaded the base game and the Supernatural expansion pack.

I installed the patch like 3 times and have reapplied the #crack at least a dozen times now. I put the game in windowed mode and lowered the graphics, but nothing is working. I even did everything listed here in Carlos' post:

(...)

Warning:  Noob 

Hello,

Just to make sure: have another look at this here and (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Now, have a look at this other topic here and do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has less than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

And even if you did that already, go again to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3.

Keep us posted ! Smile 

P.S. are you playing on a laptop or desktop computer - and what are your computer specifications ? (i.e. is your computer strong enough to handle the game ?)

P.P.S. do not bump on here please. Instead, please wait for a reply from a Helper/Mod. Bumping is not only against the rules, but in my eyes also impolite. And I deleted your other topic anyway. Wink 

//EDIT

Normally, I don't do TeamViewer sessions so often, because they tend to be very time-consuming, but if you really can't get these steps done on your own, download and install "TeamViewer" from here: http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

And contact me again, so that we can arrange a TeamViewer session, in which I basically take control over your computer (temporarily) and do these steps for you. If you don't want that, then you'll have to try on your own then.

Preferably, contact me (via PM) toward the weekend.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14089

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by walruschild on Sun 23 Mar 2014, 18:21

Nothing is working...still.. 
It's a HP Pavillion G6 Laptop.
64-Bit, 4.00GB RAM (3.47GB usable)
Here's some more specs: http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-g6/specs/

walruschild
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 18:51

@walruschild wrote:Nothing is working...still.. 
It's a HP Pavillion G6 Laptop.
64-Bit, 4.00GB RAM (3.47GB usable)
Here's some more specs: http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-g6/specs/

Assuming you did everything I described above correctly, there isn't that much else to suggest. But do you actually have at least one of the expansions mentioned in step #1 here ?

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

You need at least one of the expansions mentioned there, in order to be able to use the Ultimate fix-crack from G4TW. If I remember anything else, I'll get back to you though, otherwise I'm sorry I can't really help more, for now. Wat.  
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14089

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum