Empty inventory after arriving in Champs-les-Sims and wrong coloured gems

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Empty inventory after arriving in Champs-les-Sims and wrong coloured gems

Post by Anonymousething on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 01:43

Hiya!  
(AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!  Censored   Mad  My computer is USELESS. First, it restarted by itself so I lost all the text for a post, THEN it just randomly refreshed the page, said "site unavailable" and the text disappeared.  Sad Anyway...)

No problem. Thanks for all the info about the mods. Very Happy  It may indeed be time for a mod. Just a bit worried it might slow the game down. Theoretically, the computer shouldn't be powerful enough to run the Sims 3.  tongue 

Stupidly, patched the game to 1.65 BEFORE the ultimate fix had been updated.  Facepalm  Learned my lesson and waited for the fix to be ready before patching to 1.67.

Too bad about the gems, they will just have to "exposed" in the holidays homes in the country they were collected in. This is a strange and irritating bug. You can't cut these gems with the gem cutter, but I think you may still be able to send them off to be cut.

A few other bugs have appeared. On the rare occasion Hannah (NOT Sarah like mentioned above. I'm REALLY bad with names, apparently even Sims' names) doesn't drive her car somewhere random before travelling and therefore doesn't take it with her, she drives either a Nostalgi bike or a Kenspa in the holiday locations. These are not anywhere to be found in the inventory... They must have been bought previously and become bugged whilst travelling. Also, when she does take her car, she always gets a "new car smell" moodlet. This is a good thing, but the game somehow thinks the car is new when on or returning from vacation.
You used to be able to name and have relationships with vehicles without needing the Fast Lane Stuff Pack or whatever it's called. Did they remove that ability with the patches? Not that it matters, it was weird anyway.

When she returns from travelling and you press "page up" or "page down", there's a loud BOOM sound. It usually disappears after a while or saving. There isn't supposed to be a sound, is there?

When she's in Egypt and the "attractive Sim" moodlet appears the following tip is displayed "it looks like a Sim is feeling the effects of the temperature. Would you like to know more?" Yes, actually! It would be nice to find out how temperature relates to being near an attractive Sim.

This is more a question about a gardening quest. If you "accidentally" rejected the "deliver 20 good or better fruit or vegetables to..." quest (can't remember the exact wording, but something like that) that leads on to the omni-plant quest, is it gone forever or is it offered again?

Yeah, she is at the top of the alchemy skill, so she can easily turn people. BuyDebug comes in useful for placing rare-object spawners. She has just re-built a sarcophagus and has the "embalming pot" thingies, so she can summon mummies. Twisted Evil  farao 

Sadly, the Sims 4 will be as bad as the Sims 3.  Crying or Very sad  EA's games are progressively becoming worse. Sims 1 wasn't that bad. It was simpler, but Makin' Magic and Bonehilda were fun. Sims 2 had better memories and genetics. It had the odd crash and glitch, made worse by a faulty graphics card, but was wonderful compared to Sims 3. Soon you'll need a 8-CPU 500 GB RAM 50TB computer to run their games. APPARENTLY, Sims 4 will run better and with lower requirements, but who knows?

On a side note, was just thinking of downloading a new neighbourhood from http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/neighbourhoods.html (where else?  Wink ), if the version.tag says [Version]
LatestBase = 1.67.2.024002
will the neighbourhoods work?  Or is this just the launcher version and not the game version? Or are they the same?  Noob  (This isn't strictly an in-game problem, but I thought I'd just stick it on here rather than making a whole new post)

Anonymousething
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 09:36

Anonymousething wrote:Hiya!  
(AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!  Censored   Mad  My computer is USELESS. First, it restarted by itself so I lost all the text for a post, THEN it just randomly refreshed the page, said "site unavailable" and the text disappeared.  Sad Anyway...)

No problem. Thanks for all the info about the mods. Very Happy  It may indeed be time for a mod. Just a bit worried it might slow the game down. Theoretically, the computer shouldn't be powerful enough to run the Sims 3.  tongue 

Stupidly, patched the game to 1.65 BEFORE the ultimate fix had been updated.  Facepalm  Learned my lesson and waited for the fix to be ready before patching to 1.67.

Too bad about the gems, they will just have to "exposed" in the holidays homes in the country they were collected in. This is a strange and irritating bug. You can't cut these gems with the gem cutter, but I think you may still be able to send them off to be cut.

A few other bugs have appeared. On the rare occasion Hannah (NOT Sarah like mentioned above. I'm REALLY bad with names, apparently even Sims' names) doesn't drive her car somewhere random before travelling and therefore doesn't take it with her, she drives either a Nostalgi bike or a Kenspa in the holiday locations. These are not anywhere to be found in the inventory... They must have been bought previously and become bugged whilst travelling. Also, when she does take her car, she always gets a "new car smell" moodlet. This is a good thing, but the game somehow thinks the car is new when on or returning from vacation.
You used to be able to name and have relationships with vehicles without needing the Fast Lane Stuff Pack or whatever it's called. Did they remove that ability with the patches? Not that it matters, it was weird anyway.

When she returns from travelling and you press "page up" or "page down", there's a loud BOOM sound. It usually disappears after a while or saving. There isn't supposed to be a sound, is there?

When she's in Egypt and the "attractive Sim" moodlet appears the following tip is displayed "it looks like a Sim is feeling the effects of the temperature. Would you like to know more?" Yes, actually! It would be nice to find out how temperature relates to being near an attractive Sim.

This is more a question about a gardening quest. If you "accidentally" rejected the "deliver 20 good or better fruit or vegetables to..." quest (can't remember the exact wording, but something like that) that leads on to the omni-plant quest, is it gone forever or is it offered again?

Yeah, she is at the top of the alchemy skill, so she can easily turn people. BuyDebug comes in useful for placing rare-object spawners. She has just re-built a sarcophagus and has the "embalming pot" thingies, so she can summon mummies. Twisted Evil  farao 

Sadly, the Sims 4 will be as bad as the Sims 3.  Crying or Very sad  EA's games are progressively becoming worse. Sims 1 wasn't that bad. It was simpler, but Makin' Magic and Bonehilda were fun. Sims 2 had better memories and genetics. It had the odd crash and glitch, made worse by a faulty graphics card, but was wonderful compared to Sims 3. Soon you'll need a 8-CPU 500 GB RAM 50TB computer to run their games. APPARENTLY, Sims 4 will run better and with lower requirements, but who knows?

On a side note, was just thinking of downloading a new neighbourhood from http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/neighbourhoods.html (where else?  Wink ), if the version.tag says [Version]
LatestBase = 1.67.2.024002
will the neighbourhoods work?  Or is this just the launcher version and not the game version? Or are they the same?  Noob  (This isn't strictly an in-game problem, but I thought I'd just stick it on here rather than making a whole new post)

Hi again,

Currently, I'm on an extended vacation, and therefore I might not be able to reply as quickly to posts as I normally do. Razz

I'm sorry to hear that due to connection problems you "lost" what you typed in - and occasionally this happens with me too. And I know it's ultra-annoying, but try this: BEFORE you click on the "send"-button (especially if you wrote a longer post), you should MARK the whole post with your mouse, and then right-click on the marked text, and choose "copy". That way, the text will be copied to the clipboard. Note that after you've done that, you should NOT copy anything else to the clipboard, because this will (virtually) delete your marked text from the clipboard.

So for example, after you marked your post, you may even paste it into a e.g. Micro$oft Word-document, to be safe. And if you really get that connectivity issue again, you can simply re-paste your marked text, into the posting field.

Anyhow, about the thing with the car and the "new car"-moodlet, yes, I got that one too, but I'm not sure if that has been corrected with the 1.67 patch (haven't travelled for a while now). But it doesn't really bother me anyhow. Very Happy  And yes, you used to be able to "befriend" cars (they showed up in your relationship panel), but that feature was removed again, with some patch.

About the "boom"-sound...do you still get that error ? Have you tried clearing all unnecessary cache files in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 ?

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

About this temperature and "attractive sim"-moodlet, I never noticed that, but if you get that pop-up only along with that moodlet, I'd say this is one of the countless minor annoyances in that game.

About the opportunities: in general, there are opportunities that come only once (rather rare; there aren't so many of these), and some that spawn more often (these seem to be more common): in your example (the gardening opportunity), I guess - but can't tell for sure - that this is a rather minor in-game opportunity, and therefore if you reject it, it may re-spawn again. But then, try the NRAAS_DebugEnabler mod:

https://nraas.wikispaces.com/DebugEnabler+Phase+Ten

Click on a sim, then go to NRAAS -> Debug Enabler-> Opprtunities. There, see if you get options to re-spawn certain opportunities. I used to do that occasionally, but I can't quite remember with which mod. So for now, try the DebugEnabler-mod. Smile

I haven't played so much with the object spawners...occasionally, I used to spawn metals and gems, but I stopped doing so (cheating too much tends to make a game boring very quickly Razz ).

Yes, if you are on patch level 1.67 (the latest one), the worlds should work flawlessly.

And yes, many current PC games seem to require very high specs, but this is very often due to bad programming of the games. Take for example "Call of Duty: Ghosts", which runs perfectly fine on 5-year-old game consoles, but usually not on even the current top-end-desktop computers. Games are very often designed for ONE platform only (either Windows, OR Mac, OR game consoles). And making a game, that was designed for one platform, "compatible" with another platform, is much more difficult than most people can imagine. And (most) gaming companies, of course, want to save money wherever possible.

A similar situation can be found for The Sims 3: it was designed in the first place for Windows OS. If you do play it on Mac OS X, then not even a top-end Mac computer can handle the game. A former Mac Sims Helper on here said her Macbook had 16 GB of RAM (!!!), but she couldn't properly run The Sims 3 on it. TS3 on Mac OS is highly unstable. And whether TS4 will be different at all in this respect remains to be seen. From a hardware point-of-view though: why does TS3 *not really* work on a Macbook with 16 GB of RAM, but on a "normal" laptop with Windows and "just" 4 GB of RAM usually fine ? 

That's it again ! Smile

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymousething on Sat 19 Apr 2014, 20:04

Hi!  Very Happy 

Sorry for the late response, I am also on an extended vacation type thing, so no worries about the replies.

About the text: I ended up using my father's computer. I do now regularly copy the text, although instead of pasting it, I just re-copy the whole thing each time.

I don't think the new car moodlet was fixed with the 1.67 patch, because the game is at that patch and this error is still going on. It's not bad though and one of the least things to worry about.

I still do get the BOOM sound from time to time whilst pressing Page up and Page down. I haven't tried clearing the caches yet, mainly because the problem goes away by itself and doesn't impact the game. Unless you wear headphones, in which case you are deafened. It only happens at Hannah's house though, not at her vacation home, which is weird.  I'll give it a try clearing the cache next time it happens.

The attractive moodlet and tip shows up in Egypt. It's amusing in a way. Maybe the Sims' temperature rises when they are an attractive Sim?    tongue 

Yay about the opportunity! It doesn't add much, but it lets you plant eggs and sausages later on.

That's a lot of RAM... I have an old MacBook and I have never tried to run the Sims on it. It's prone to over-heating and the Sims would probably melt the motherboard! Pretty much every part of the computer has been replaced (for free and on warranty) except the motherboard. Think I'll stick to the rubbishy Windows Desktop to run the Sims 3 for now.  Thanks for all the explanations!  Cool  Is that a rhetorical question?  Razz  Why indeed! It seems ridiculous that a top-end Mac should work less well than a rubbish old Windows PC (especially since Apple is soooooooooo expensive).

That black screen whilst scrolling error appeared again. It happens mainly at Hannah's house. How are you supposed to see the rest of the house and put stuff in the inventory when the screen goes black and eventually produces a blue screen of death error?? I didn't copy the error information. Fortunately not too much game play was lost. All graphic setting are on minimum, except reflections which is on Water & mirrors (the last before end option). This never happens when travelling.

There was also a problem with the hover bed lifetime reward. It was placed in Hannah's room and she used it perfectly for a while. Then one day when she was about to go to sleep, she went up to the bed, stood around and was teleported to the kid's room. This happened after she returned from travelling, and the bug occurs since then. I removed it, placed a new bed, which worked without problems, then put the hover bed back, but she still teleported to the next bedroom. The same thing happens when she tries to relax on the bed / do anything else with it. How did this hover bed get bugged?? Is it ripe for the rubbish pile or can it be salvaged? No cheats were active at the time (not even testingcheats).

I have downloaded and added Dragon Valley and Hidden Springs to the game. It seems to have worked!  Smile Will they still work at the next patch update? EDIT: The dragon eggs won't hatch  Crying or Very sad  I've read that it doesn't work, because there are files missing that generate the dragon. How can this be "mended"?
The launcher still brings up a script error, but it's a different one now. Oh well, useless EA.

Thanks for all your help! What a Face

Does anyone know the name of this old Mac game (from the '90s)? => It's similar to Lode Runner / Jumpman, except you're in space; the little man can jump / run / climb ladders and dies if he falls; he uses oxygen whilst moving, so he needs to get to the oxygen containers; he has to get to the key to open the door which wins the level; there are no enemies and nothing to kill you (unless you run off the end of a platform or run out of oxygen).

"Never pay more than 20$ for a computer game." Guybrush Threepwood (The Secret of Monkey Island)
Anonymousething
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, Sim Ant, Lemmings, Solarian II, Shuffle Puck, Monkey Island, Robin Hood: The legend of Sherwood, LucasFilms/LucasArts games
Female Posts : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 07 May 2014, 21:18

Anonymousething wrote:Hi!  Very Happy 

Sorry for the late response, I am also on an extended vacation type thing, so no worries about the replies.

About the text: I ended up using my father's computer. I do now regularly copy the text, although instead of pasting it, I just re-copy the whole thing each time.

I don't think the new car moodlet was fixed with the 1.67 patch, because the game is at that patch and this error is still going on. It's not bad though and one of the least things to worry about.

I still do get the BOOM sound from time to time whilst pressing Page up and Page down. I haven't tried clearing the caches yet, mainly because the problem goes away by itself and doesn't impact the game. Unless you wear headphones, in which case you are deafened. It only happens at Hannah's house though, not at her vacation home, which is weird.  I'll give it a try clearing the cache next time it happens.

The attractive moodlet and tip shows up in Egypt. It's amusing in a way. Maybe the Sims' temperature rises when they are an attractive Sim?    tongue 

Yay about the opportunity! It doesn't add much, but it lets you plant eggs and sausages later on.

That's a lot of RAM... I have an old MacBook and I have never tried to run the Sims on it. It's prone to over-heating and the Sims would probably melt the motherboard! Pretty much every part of the computer has been replaced (for free and on warranty) except the motherboard. Think I'll stick to the rubbishy Windows Desktop to run the Sims 3 for now.  Thanks for all the explanations!  Cool  Is that a rhetorical question?  Razz  Why indeed! It seems ridiculous that a top-end Mac should work less well than a rubbish old Windows PC (especially since Apple is soooooooooo expensive).

That black screen whilst scrolling error appeared again. It happens mainly at Hannah's house. How are you supposed to see the rest of the house and put stuff in the inventory when the screen goes black and eventually produces a blue screen of death error?? I didn't copy the error information. Fortunately not too much game play was lost. All graphic setting are on minimum, except reflections which is on Water & mirrors (the last before end option). This never happens when travelling.

There was also a problem with the hover bed lifetime reward. It was placed in Hannah's room and she used it perfectly for a while. Then one day when she was about to go to sleep, she went up to the bed, stood around and was teleported to the kid's room. This happened after she returned from travelling, and the bug occurs since then. I removed it, placed a new bed, which worked without problems, then put the hover bed back, but she still teleported to the next bedroom. The same thing happens when she tries to relax on the bed / do anything else with it. How did this hover bed get bugged?? Is it ripe for the rubbish pile or can it be salvaged? No cheats were active at the time (not even testingcheats).

I have downloaded and added Dragon Valley and Hidden Springs to the game. It seems to have worked!  Smile Will they still work at the next patch update? EDIT: The dragon eggs won't hatch  Crying or Very sad  I've read that it doesn't work, because there are files missing that generate the dragon. How can this be "mended"?
The launcher still brings up a script error, but it's a different one now. Oh well, useless EA.

Thanks for all your help! What a Face

I'm so sorry you had to wait for so long, but I'm still on my trip abroad, and besides internet problems I also got caught up in some very severe weather... Sad  Have you turned on e-mail notifications in your profile ? If you do so, you will get an e-mail, if someone replies to your topic(s).

As for the "Boom"-sound, I'm unsure...but do you get similar sound glitches in other instances, in the game ?

As for the "Blackscreen", if all your settings are on minumim already, then I'm unsure about that too...what about your in-game resolution though ? Have you tried lowering that one too ?

About the Hover bed, I'm not sure right now, but have you already tried looking in "buydebug", if it's available for buying ? I don't know what exactly the tab is called, but there is a category in buydebug, in which there are "random objects" available; and some of these objects are basically the same as these lifetime rewards. If it's not available in buydebug, then just select a different bed. Razz

The store fixes should work for all "premium items"; last time I tested the fixes (not too long ago), the dragon egg hatched for me.

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html

Make sure to follow the included install instructions in the store fixes very carefully. After you applied the store fixes, delete the scriptCache.package file, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3

Now start the game. Sell the dragon egg and then buy a new one. See if the new egg hatches; normally, it should though.

I hope this will help you a bit - good luck ! Smile  

P.S. theoretically, you are allowed to notify someone from the G4TW "staff" (preferably one of the active "Moderators" or "The Sims Helpers") via PM, if you do not get a reply within 24 hours of your original message. In my case, that might be tricky, at the moment, due to my vacation, but you get the idea. Razz  

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymousething on Fri 23 May 2014, 18:08

Hi!  Oops sorry for the late reply! I haven't been on here for a while! Oh dear about the weather, that doesn't sound good! It's been pretty chaotic this year what with floods in the UK and now in eastern Europe. Hope you have a good time anyway.  Wink 

I do have e-mail notifications on, but I created that e-mail recently and since I have so many I tend not to check it regularly...

I have since started 2 new peep, one in Dragon Valley and one in Hidden Springs. There are no problems scrolling or BOOM sounds. Those bugs only seemed to happen to Sarah who lives in Appaloosa Plains (I think, not entirely sure).
I was sad that the dragons didn't hatch, as that was the whole point of installing dragon valley, so I abandoned that Sim for a while. Thanks for the instructions, I'll try and see if it works. Hopefully it will.

The Hidden Springs Sim is a genie!  Very Happy  The creepy thing is, she is obsessed with money (or at least has money thought bubbles over her head), which ties in with her invented back-story!

I installed Into The Future today. It works, EXCEPT it has started to freeze. Task Manager displays "not responding" and CPU usage goes down to 0%. I have noticed that when the odd mini-freeze occurs, CPU usage stays around 40 - 45% and unfreezes within 1 - 2 minutes, but if it drops to 0% it remains frozen. (I have waited up to 5 min, but never actually long enough to see whether it would unfreeze, partly because it's too boring and quicker to force close, restart computer, delete stuff in the current game folder, then restart the game.) The error message says "AppHangB1". The music still plays in the background.
These crashes happen randomly. The first time, GenieSim (forgot her name) was finishing a case (she's a Private Investigator) and was about to report back to the person in Hidden Springs and it crashed. I had been playing for maybe 2 hours and it was paused for 1 hour. The second time, she had just travelled back to the future, stepped out of the portal and was about to go to the wastelands when it crashed. (She travelled to the future before and there were no problems). I had only just launched the game and played for 10 min at this point. Luckily I saved upon her arrival, so no gameplay was lost. What I have noticed though, was after pressing start on the launcher, a message came up saying "TS3W.exe does not have a valid signature. Run anyway?" Something along those lines. You press yes and it works. Does this have anything to do with the crashing? Maybe adding 1 more expansion is too much for the computer to handle...
I downloaded the manual patch AND the ultimate fix and applied both. I re-read how to correctly install the sims for the 10th time to make sure I was following all the steps. The game works, EXCEPT for the random freezes. I still haven't installed any mods and the only CC are the 2 worlds, so unless it's Dragon Valley or Hidden Springs causing the problem...

The Script error has disappeared now though... From one day to the next, it no longer shows up. Which is a good thing.

I think you can get the hover-bed in buy debug or else you can just spend more Lifetime Points and buy another one. It's just annoying and incomprehensible how it got glitched in the first place.

The other thing is, I'd like to install Late Night (or Nightlife I can never remember which one is Sims 2 and which is Sims 3), but I really do not want to un-install EVERYTHING (up to the expansion before Late Night). I had a copy of Late Night, but one of the files had an error, so I had got a different copy from here. Can I just install it now? Having said that, maybe it's a bad idea if the computer can't deal with the expansions it has now...

Thanks for the info, but I'm not in a hurry for answers, so there's no need to disturb anybody. I can still play the game (kind of), there are just minor glitches (apart for the crashing, which is annoying). If the worst comes to the worst, I'll try and remove into the future and see whether that changes anything.  Laughing

Have a good time and thanks for all your help!

P.S. On a completely unrelated note, I couldn't help but notice the preference for tea on this forum. At the local airport, I saw a tea / coffee place with the perfect slogan. Something like "it's always tea time" or "there's always time for tea", it would have made a good banner for here.

EDIT
I added the 2 cracked .exe files to DEP again and it seems to have stopped freezing, but we'll see. I applied the store fixes. I could have sworn I had done that previously, but when I d/led them and opened the instructions I had no recollection of having done that before. Also I had no Mod folder... I'll try and buy a dragon egg and see what happens now.

Does anyone know the name of this old Mac game (from the '90s)? => It's similar to Lode Runner / Jumpman, except you're in space; the little man can jump / run / climb ladders and dies if he falls; he uses oxygen whilst moving, so he needs to get to the oxygen containers; he has to get to the key to open the door which wins the level; there are no enemies and nothing to kill you (unless you run off the end of a platform or run out of oxygen).

"Never pay more than 20$ for a computer game." Guybrush Threepwood (The Secret of Monkey Island)
Anonymousething
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, Sim Ant, Lemmings, Solarian II, Shuffle Puck, Monkey Island, Robin Hood: The legend of Sherwood, LucasFilms/LucasArts games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 30 May 2014, 22:33

Anonymousething wrote:Hi!  Oops sorry for the late reply! I haven't been on here for a while! Oh dear about the weather, that doesn't sound good! It's been pretty chaotic this year what with floods in the UK and now in eastern Europe. Hope you have a good time anyway.  Wink 

I do have e-mail notifications on, but I created that e-mail recently and since I have so many I tend not to check it regularly...

I have since started 2 new peep, one in Dragon Valley and one in Hidden Springs. There are no problems scrolling or BOOM sounds. Those bugs only seemed to happen to Sarah who lives in Appaloosa Plains (I think, not entirely sure).
I was sad that the dragons didn't hatch, as that was the whole point of installing dragon valley, so I abandoned that Sim for a while. Thanks for the instructions, I'll try and see if it works. Hopefully it will.

The Hidden Springs Sim is a genie!  Very Happy  The creepy thing is, she is obsessed with money (or at least has money thought bubbles over her head), which ties in with her invented back-story!

I installed Into The Future today. It works, EXCEPT it has started to freeze. Task Manager displays "not responding" and CPU usage goes down to 0%. I have noticed that when the odd mini-freeze occurs, CPU usage stays around 40 - 45% and unfreezes within 1 - 2 minutes, but if it drops to 0% it remains frozen. (I have waited up to 5 min, but never actually long enough to see whether it would unfreeze, partly because it's too boring and quicker to force close, restart computer, delete stuff in the current game folder, then restart the game.) The error message says "AppHangB1". The music still plays in the background.
These crashes happen randomly. The first time, GenieSim (forgot her name) was finishing a case (she's a Private Investigator) and was about to report back to the person in Hidden Springs and it crashed. I had been playing for maybe 2 hours and it was paused for 1 hour. The second time, she had just travelled back to the future, stepped out of the portal and was about to go to the wastelands when it crashed. (She travelled to the future before and there were no problems). I had only just launched the game and played for 10 min at this point. Luckily I saved upon her arrival, so no gameplay was lost. What I have noticed though, was after pressing start on the launcher, a message came up saying "TS3W.exe does not have a valid signature. Run anyway?" Something along those lines. You press yes and it works. Does this have anything to do with the crashing? Maybe adding 1 more expansion is too much for the computer to handle...
I downloaded the manual patch AND the ultimate fix and applied both. I re-read how to correctly install the sims for the 10th time to make sure I was following all the steps. The game works, EXCEPT for the random freezes. I still haven't installed any mods and the only CC are the 2 worlds, so unless it's Dragon Valley or Hidden Springs causing the problem...

The Script error has disappeared now though... From one day to the next, it no longer shows up. Which is a good thing.

I think you can get the hover-bed in buy debug or else you can just spend more Lifetime Points and buy another one. It's just annoying and incomprehensible how it got glitched in the first place.

The other thing is, I'd like to install Late Night (or Nightlife I can never remember which one is Sims 2 and which is Sims 3), but I really do not want to un-install EVERYTHING (up to the expansion before Late Night). I had a copy of Late Night, but one of the files had an error, so I had got a different copy from here. Can I just install it now? Having said that, maybe it's a bad idea if the computer can't deal with the expansions it has now...

Thanks for the info, but I'm not in a hurry for answers, so there's no need to disturb anybody. I can still play the game (kind of), there are just minor glitches (apart for the crashing, which is annoying). If the worst comes to the worst, I'll try and remove into the future and see whether that changes anything.  Laughing

Have a good time and thanks for all your help!

P.S. On a completely unrelated note, I couldn't help but notice the preference for tea on this forum. At the local airport, I saw a tea / coffee place with the perfect slogan. Something like "it's always tea time" or "there's always time for tea", it would have made a good banner for here.

EDIT
I added the 2 cracked .exe files to DEP again and it seems to have stopped freezing, but we'll see. I applied the store fixes. I could have sworn I had done that previously, but when I d/led them and opened the instructions I had no recollection of having done that before. Also I had no Mod folder... I'll try and buy a dragon egg and see what happens now.

Hello again, Very Happy

The only "real" explanation I can offer is that all these crahes/freezes are now hardware-related, since you seem to have tried everything else now. Sad  You can simply install "Late night" or any other expansion by making an empty folder somewhere. Then you open the .RAR download of the expansion (with WinRAR!) and you extract ALL contents of the .RAR, into that empty folder you created. You really have to make sure to extract ALL the contents of the .RAR though. Wink  

Inside the folder, just run the "autorun.exe" and install the game that way. Afterwardes, re-apply the latest manual patch and then the latest Ultimate fix too. A.k.a. the "steps from #2 to #4 " in this guide here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

You should indeed try keeping your playing sessions rather short (~45 real-life minutes), and saving often. The just exit the game for a little while to..."relieve" it. Laughing  And then re-start the game again. That's the best thing you can do, if your computer is a bit weak for handling the game. ANd ignore this strange waring message from the launcher...as long as you can play the game, I guess that's OK. 

Yes, the bubbles over sim heads often have pictures relating to a sim's traits. The sim that I uploaded on the "Exchange" here (Eva) is childish, so she often has bubbles containing toys or teddybears. Razz  bounce  By the way, you can turn genie skins into "normal" by going into CAS. Personally, I use the NRAAS_Master Controller mod, and then click on a sim. I go into NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Advanced -> Edit in CAS. There, change the skin color of the genie. Wink  At least that's what I did with my two genies.

Are you still having the issues with the Adventure board ? This could be a possible solution: You could try installing, the NRAAS_DebugEnabler mod, and then clicking on the adventure board. Go to NRAAS -> Debug Enabler -> Object -> AddAdventureFXComponent. Feel free to try that if you're interested. Very Happy

And I'm glad to hear that the freezing has become less frequent for you ! Smile  

About the "tea" thing...yes, the Administrator of this forum is a tea-fan, hence the focus on tea. Razz  There used to be banners related to tea, and occasionally, they are still used. Check out this topic here too:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t14289-banners-banners-banners-submit-yours-now

OK, that's it for today again. See you next time ! Very Happy  

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymousething on Mon 02 Jun 2014, 15:32

Hi,

Thanks. I'll try and install Late Night later. I don't like installing expansions out of order, but it's too much of a pain uninstalling everything to have the correct order.

The launcher seems to have calmed down now, ever since the 2 cracked files have been added to DEP again. There was a "Cannot connect to Origin" message once, but I never login to Origin anyway. Not even sure it's installed! Wait, I was wrong I now get a "Script error [insert web URl here]" error again. Mad 

I save often, although after placing some "rare nanite spawners" in Oasis Landing, the game REFUSED to save. It just kept spinning for 10 minutes. Task Manager said it was still responding, but nothing happened. It got boring, so I had to force close it. Lost a little progress, but less than expected, so I re-did everything except for placing the spawners. No idea if they were the problem. I guess placing them on the home lot wasn't the smartest of plans.

Elisabeth (the genie Sim) travelled to the future and met a guy called Wilkins or something similar. She had a kid with him (as you do when you travel to the future) and I checked the baby's family tree and it shows the father having a daughter who was a young adult. Nothing strange there, especially as she appears as the baby's half-sister. I thought the half-sister had a kid of her own as there was a toddler in the Wilkins' household. No, it turns out this toddler is the MOTHER of the young adult half-sister. How is this even possible?? The toddler aged up to child, but it still shows her as the mother to the young adult. Not that this causes any problems with the gameplay, but seriously who thought that was a good idea?? The toddler and young adult were present already before Elisabeth had a baby with this guy. Unless her having a kid with this guy destroyed the timeline and will cause a meltdown somewhere down the line... Just thought this was funny, not to mention -->  scratch !

I haven't played Hannah (WHY do I keep calling her Sarah??? She cloned herself and the clone was called Sarah, maybe that's why) for a while. She had no adventure board problems in Egypt. Then again no one has. It's the only place it works. This might well be because the French and Chinese adventure boards show up as "Egypt adventure board" when they are picked up. It's just bad programming! Anyway, there's no doubt she WILL have problems when she does go to China and France. The none-Mod way to "solve" this is, either queuing many "check for adventures" and then setting speed to 3 OR scrolling trough the opportunity section. Neither works well, but I still haven't added any Mods. I think I will get that Mod from NRAAS soon, as EA have had ample time to fix this. It was in the first  Censored  expansion pack!! How hard would it have been to release a patch for this? They say it's a minor problem when 2/3 of the expansion is useless. Anyway enough ranting, suffice to say it's no wonder they won worst company of the year (or world, possibly universe whichever) award.

I'm not sure I fully understand the skin thing. I never realised genies had different skin! Maybe the graphic settings are so low you can't see a difference! Or did you mean colour? Elisabeth is a bit purplish.
Do genies not feel the cold / heat? They can't get soaked, but she never complains about temperature, nor does she tan or sunburn.

I'll check that topic out. I didn't take a photo of the tea place, because 1) Not sure you can just whip out you camera in the airport [although probably you can as it's in the outside bit before passport control]; 2) it would look a bit weird taking a photo of a random teashop with people staring (this isn't the Sims where no one cares!)  Razz  I'll try next time and submit it (or not)!

VVV OFF-TOPIC / WRONG SECTION VVV
On an off-topic side note, I was thinking in investing in a new computer finally, with [disgusting] Windows 7 (64-bit), but what's the best graphic card that is ACTUALLY compatible with Sims 3? I realise there are plenty of topics out there and even the EA website, but it's difficult wading through all the technical jargon and half the time someone contradicts everything that has been said. Any advice on graphic cards (even though this is the wrong section)? The tricky part is finding a computer that DOESN'T have [even more disgusting] Windows 8 on it.

VVV BACK ON-TOPIC VVV
It still freezes for a few seconds every now and then, but it's to be expected. The only thing left to do is try game booster.

Thanks for the help and info!  Very Happy

EDIT
Maybe I won't buy a new computer. I cannot find ONE that runs Windows 7. HP does sell some on their American website, but they don't deliver here. They don't even sell Windows 7 on their European websites, so that's great news!  Mad  Dell doesn't have any. You could downgrade I guess and spend another 100 on Windows 7 (or just download it), but then there prob won't be drivers and the whole computer will be useless. I guess I could buy all the components and build my own desktop, that seems about the only option!  Sad  Oh well guess it saves money!

EDITed EDIT
FINALLY found some Dell Windows 7 desktops, so things are looking up. You can even customise them! Sadly they all had integrated graphics rather than a graphic card, but it's a step towards finding something!  bounce  bounce

Anonymousething
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 08 Jun 2014, 03:03

Anonymousething wrote:Hi,

Thanks. I'll try and install Late Night later. I don't like installing expansions out of order, but it's too much of a pain uninstalling everything to have the correct order.

The launcher seems to have calmed down now, ever since the 2 cracked files have been added to DEP again. There was a "Cannot connect to Origin" message once, but I never login to Origin anyway. Not even sure it's installed! Wait, I was wrong I now get a "Script error [insert web URl here]" error again. Mad 

I save often, although after placing some "rare nanite spawners" in Oasis Landing, the game REFUSED to save. It just kept spinning for 10 minutes. Task Manager said it was still responding, but nothing happened. It got boring, so I had to force close it. Lost a little progress, but less than expected, so I re-did everything except for placing the spawners. No idea if they were the problem. I guess placing them on the home lot wasn't the smartest of plans.

Elisabeth (the genie Sim) travelled to the future and met a guy called Wilkins or something similar. She had a kid with him (as you do when you travel to the future) and I checked the baby's family tree and it shows the father having a daughter who was a young adult. Nothing strange there, especially as she appears as the baby's half-sister. I thought the half-sister had a kid of her own as there was a toddler in the Wilkins' household. No, it turns out this toddler is the MOTHER of the young adult half-sister. How is this even possible?? The toddler aged up to child, but it still shows her as the mother to the young adult. Not that this causes any problems with the gameplay, but seriously who thought that was a good idea?? The toddler and young adult were present already before Elisabeth had a baby with this guy. Unless her having a kid with this guy destroyed the timeline and will cause a meltdown somewhere down the line... Just thought this was funny, not to mention -->  scratch !

I haven't played Hannah (WHY do I keep calling her Sarah??? She cloned herself and the clone was called Sarah, maybe that's why) for a while. She had no adventure board problems in Egypt. Then again no one has. It's the only place it works. This might well be because the French and Chinese adventure boards show up as "Egypt adventure board" when they are picked up. It's just bad programming! Anyway, there's no doubt she WILL have problems when she does go to China and France. The none-Mod way to "solve" this is, either queuing many "check for adventures" and then setting speed to 3 OR scrolling trough the opportunity section. Neither works well, but I still haven't added any Mods. I think I will get that Mod from NRAAS soon, as EA have had ample time to fix this. It was in the first  Censored  expansion pack!! How hard would it have been to release a patch for this? They say it's a minor problem when 2/3 of the expansion is useless. Anyway enough ranting, suffice to say it's no wonder they won worst company of the year (or world, possibly universe whichever) award.

I'm not sure I fully understand the skin thing. I never realised genies had different skin! Maybe the graphic settings are so low you can't see a difference! Or did you mean colour? Elisabeth is a bit purplish.
Do genies not feel the cold / heat? They can't get soaked, but she never complains about temperature, nor does she tan or sunburn.

I'll check that topic out. I didn't take a photo of the tea place, because 1) Not sure you can just whip out you camera in the airport [although probably you can as it's in the outside bit before passport control]; 2) it would look a bit weird taking a photo of a random teashop with people staring (this isn't the Sims where no one cares!)  Razz  I'll try next time and submit it (or not)!

VVV OFF-TOPIC / WRONG SECTION VVV
On an off-topic side note, I was thinking in investing in a new computer finally, with [disgusting] Windows 7 (64-bit), but what's the best graphic card that is ACTUALLY compatible with Sims 3? I realise there are plenty of topics out there and even the EA website, but it's difficult wading through all the technical jargon and half the time someone contradicts everything that has been said. Any advice on graphic cards (even though this is the wrong section)? The tricky part is finding a computer that DOESN'T have [even more disgusting] Windows 8 on it.

VVV BACK ON-TOPIC VVV
It still freezes for a few seconds every now and then, but it's to be expected. The only thing left to do is try game booster.

Thanks for the help and info!  Very Happy

EDIT
Maybe I won't buy a new computer. I cannot find ONE that runs Windows 7. HP does sell some on their American website, but they don't deliver here. They don't even sell Windows 7 on their European websites, so that's great news!  Mad  Dell doesn't have any. You could downgrade I guess and spend another 100 on Windows 7 (or just download it), but then there prob won't be drivers and the whole computer will be useless. I guess I could buy all the components and build my own desktop, that seems about the only option!  Sad  Oh well guess it saves money!

EDITed EDIT
FINALLY found some Dell Windows 7 desktops, so things are looking up. You can even customise them! Sadly they all had integrated graphics rather than a graphic card, but it's a step towards finding something!  bounce  bounce

Hello again,

I'm taking a bit longer for replying to your posts because my replies tend to be more elaborate to, than in most other cases...Razz

Anyhow, the family tree issues are well-known I guess, and if it really bothers you, check out the solution I posted in another user's topic, here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16160-weird-family-glitch-solved

And yes, please try the solution with the NRAAS Debug Enabler and the adventure boards ! Another user confirmed it was working for him. Smile  

And yes, there is (somewhere) in CAS an option where you can choose a skin color for your sim, so green, red, blue, yellow, "normal", etc. The genies are by default blueish, and I changed the color to normal again, so that they look like "normal" sims. From what I've seen, genie sims can't get a spray tan, but I never noticed the thing about not getting soaked/sunburnt/feeling cold/hot, but yes, that sounds logical to me...as genies are like ghosts basically.  What a Face 

About the building of a computer, unless you really know what you're doing, or unless you've done a really good research on your own, please don't do that. Also, talking about this on here, would exceed the scope of this topic. Also, I can't really tell you what THE best card is. It really depends on many factors. For example, you cannot simply buy an NVIDIA GTX TITAN (an overpriced, but top-of-the-line graphics card) for about 1,000 Euros/1,200 USD and just put it into your old desktop computer, because

1) most likely your power supply is too weak
2) and it will "overburden" your CPU
3) and it might not even "fit" into your computer tower, in terms of space dimensions.

What this means is that your computer would just shut off itself, randomnly. And what it also means that all your components in a computer form something like a "unity"...and if just one component disrupts the balance in any way, you'll run into problems. You can get some inspirational ideas in the following topics though:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16173-any-tips-for-building-a-gaming-pc

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t16962-i-need-your-help

And probably a few other topics in the "Hardware" section on here. Also, feel free to e-mail me, if you want more information about this (click on the e-mail button on my profile).  

Windows 7 is the best Windows to-date, in my opinion. At least the Windows version I am using: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (= 64-bit version). Make sure you actually pirate the ULTIMATE and 64-bit version, because of its many added features, which don't (necessarily) exist in the other versions of Windows 7 (Basic, Home Premium, Professional). For example, ONLY in Ultimate you can actually change the display language - and download all available display languages too ! Very Happy  

I find Windows 8 horrible too. Razz  But if Windows 7 is awful for you, what is in your opinion a good OS then ? Shocked  Linux, Mac OS ? OK, I have a little experiene with Mac OS, but not enough to make a judgement of it...that's it again !

P.S. thank you for editing your post, when you felt you had to add a few things Very Happy  I wish that more users would do that on here... Razz  

Last edited by Carlos on Mon 09 Jun 2014, 04:41; edited 1 time in total

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymousething on Mon 09 Jun 2014, 03:28

Hi!

No prob about the replies, there’s nothing urgent in these posts (at the moment).  Very Happy  At least the game works, which is more than many other people on the forum can say!  Thanks for taking the time to answer!  bounce 

I had a look at the topic. Thanks!  Smile  It’s no big deal, because Elisabeth is going to travel back to the present / “past” and marry her boyfriend.  This is all part of her “story”.  Her descendants were quite rude to her, so I felt like wiping the ungrateful  Censored  out!  Luckily, the Sims aren’t overly intelligent and the b/f won’t link her having a kid to having an affair, unless she tells him.  Right?  Or will he know and be angry?
She confessed to cheating to Thingy Wilkins, who, needless to say, was not amused.  It was actually quite funny to watch!  Mwahahahaha!  Twisted Evil  (In her defense, he did boo her.  Haven't figured out why.  Is it because she has a reputation as a cheater?  It's not (entirely) her fault.  This random Sim kissed her and became her romantic interest, but Elisabeth wasn't interested.) Unfortunately, the game froze after the argument, so I’ll have to redo it as progress was lost.  Rolling Eyes  (Cheating in relationships is not something I am in favour with in real life.)

It’s good to know the mod works with the adventure board.  Wink  So does that mean you only need the NRAAS Debug Enabler?  You don’t need other mods for it to work?

Oh, I see what you mean now about genie colour.  Why would genies be blue?  Weren’t they purple in The Sims (1)?  Elisabeth looks normal, but she has a slightly lilac tinge.  It’s hardly noticeable.  Elisabeth stood for hours in the rain doing stakeouts or snooping for clues and never once got wet!  She talked to people, ensorcelled them and they often had the “cold” modlet (or similar) and she didn’t.  She doesn’t seem to get sick either.  They must be immune!  They aren't "human", so that would make sense.

Can’t genies ensorcel people in the future?   scratch   The option doesn’t appear under Genie… anymore.  She can still magically clean them, just not enslave them.  Is this normal?  She has wishes to ensorcel future peep, but there’s no option.  She even wanted to ensorcel her daughter, who was a baby!  What a weirdo…  Anyway, she couldn’t do it obviously, but the question is, can genies just not “ensnare” babies or couldn’t she do it because she was in the future?  Or can’t you do that to family members?  confused 

(Just to start, I do not condone gold-diggers.)  After the freeze mentioned above, I made a new Sim, who has the Lifetime wish to be a Gold-digger.  Instead of looking for the richest guy in Lucky Palms, I made one.  He even has an entire back-story! It is actually quite sad (although none of it happened), but I won't bore you with the details here. He had a lifetime wish of living in the lap of luxury.  I placed a huge parcel of land and built him a mansion, but here the problems started.  I couldn’t place the steps because “you can’t place steps at the bottom of the sea”, which is quite understandable except this was on land.  Therefore, I built some walls and could place the steps, but I couldn’t rotate them due to the aforementioned issue.  So, the steps had to stay in the position they were in.  Would there have been a way to resolve this?  I didn’t use any cheats to place the lot.  Anyway, they married, had a son and I dispatched him with the ever-so-handy “Trigger Age Transition” cheat.  He was an elder, therefore he died and she witnessed his death, so consequently saw his ghost and got the “became gold-digger memory”, but this didn’t fulfill her wish.  He’s been dead for about 3 days, but his ghost hasn’t appeared yet.  When will his ghost show up and is there a non-mod way to make him appear?  Why didn't the first view of his ghost complete the wish?   What a Face 

Thanks for all your input.  Razz I was just so annoyed all the computers had Windows 8 on them.   Embarassed   There is a company here that lets you customise literally everything from the motherboard type, CPU processors, GPU, etc.  It’s very expensive though and overkill as I have wayyyyy too little knowledge about all these things.  I have now found desktops with Windows 7 on them.  They were hiding in the business section.  You can customise them, so if you can choose the graphic card that should ensure it is compatible.  Otherwise, you can just buy a better one later.  I’ll have to read up on what is compatible though first.  That’s what happened with the last computer.  The graphic card fan stopped, it over-heated and broke. Thanks again for your time.  tongue  Thanks for the offer to help by e-mail.  cheers 

To answer your question, I’ve used Windows XP for years.  It’s a decent OS.  It’s really annoying support ended.  Sad   Windows 7 isn’t awful; there are some useful options, especially the fact that you can search for programmes in the Start Menu.

The first ever computer I used was a Macintosh II in ‘90.  It was cool, but the hard disk was tiny.  I still worked in 2006, but then it was thrown away.  Crying or Very sad   Had Windows 98, then Windows XP.  We used Windows 95 at school (they upgraded to iMac AFTER our class left; they could have done it sooner as W. ‘95 was out-dated by the time we used it), which was awful.  It kept crashing whilst we were supposed to be learning how to touch-type.  I do have a Mac OSX Snow leopard laptop, but it’s quite old.  Also, I accidentally knocked a glass of water over it, so now some of the keys don’t work. Facepalm   It’s the ones you need too!  Backspace, Return, Shift, eject button, up, left and right arrow keys; the keyboard illumination doesn’t shine as brightly on the right side of the keyboard.  The others work.  I dried it out, but I think I broke it.  Shocked  You can “display the keyboard” though and use that to use the backspace key or just use a Bluetooth one.  I’m not brave enough to unscrew it, because it’s a little dented and may not go back together.  Even if it were unscrewed, I wouldn’t do anything.  Hardly going to start welding things onto the motherboard!

Vista was just terrible and Windows 8 looks like it was designed for tablets.  If you wanted to use a tablet, you’d buy one.  You don’t need a desktop or laptop for that!  I REFUSE to have a computer with Windows 8 on it.  It’s just horrible (no offence to people who own it or like it, but  No  seriously  No  [there was no vomit emoticon]).  It’s probably full of security holes and stability issues, besides looking like a copy of an iPad.  Don’t have much knowledge of Linux.  Some computers at uni had Linux Mandrake on them, but they kept crashing.  From what I gather Mac and Windows “borrowed” many ideas from Linux without asking.

Oops, sorry for the length of the off-topic section; it got a bit out of hand!  Surprised  Shocked 

You’re welcome about the editing.  That’s why there’s an edit button!   Very Happy  Maybe it could have a red background or something so people can “see it better”.  Although, some people just like to bump their posts and wouldn’t use it anyway.  Better not use up anymore of your time.

Anonymousething
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 20 Jun 2014, 01:25

Anonymousething wrote:Hi!

No prob about the replies, there’s nothing urgent in these posts (at the moment).  Very Happy  At least the game works, which is more than many other people on the forum can say!  Thanks for taking the time to answer!  bounce 

I had a look at the topic. Thanks!  Smile  It’s no big deal, because Elisabeth is going to travel back to the present / “past” and marry her boyfriend.  This is all part of her “story”.  Her descendants were quite rude to her, so I felt like wiping the ungrateful  Censored  out!  Luckily, the Sims aren’t overly intelligent and the b/f won’t link her having a kid to having an affair, unless she tells him.  Right?  Or will he know and be angry?
She confessed to cheating to Thingy Wilkins, who, needless to say, was not amused.  It was actually quite funny to watch!  Mwahahahaha!  Twisted Evil  (In her defense, he did boo her.  Haven't figured out why.  Is it because she has a reputation as a cheater?  It's not (entirely) her fault.  This random Sim kissed her and became her romantic interest, but Elisabeth wasn't interested.) Unfortunately, the game froze after the argument, so I’ll have to redo it as progress was lost.  Rolling Eyes  (Cheating in relationships is not something I am in favour with in real life.)

It’s good to know the mod works with the adventure board.  Wink  So does that mean you only need the NRAAS Debug Enabler?  You don’t need other mods for it to work?

Oh, I see what you mean now about genie colour.  Why would genies be blue?  Weren’t they purple in The Sims (1)?  Elisabeth looks normal, but she has a slightly lilac tinge.  It’s hardly noticeable.  Elisabeth stood for hours in the rain doing stakeouts or snooping for clues and never once got wet!  She talked to people, ensorcelled them and they often had the “cold” modlet (or similar) and she didn’t.  She doesn’t seem to get sick either.  They must be immune!  They aren't "human", so that would make sense.

Can’t genies ensorcel people in the future?   scratch   The option doesn’t appear under Genie… anymore.  She can still magically clean them, just not enslave them.  Is this normal?  She has wishes to ensorcel future peep, but there’s no option.  She even wanted to ensorcel her daughter, who was a baby!  What a weirdo…  Anyway, she couldn’t do it obviously, but the question is, can genies just not “ensnare” babies or couldn’t she do it because she was in the future?  Or can’t you do that to family members?  confused 

(Just to start, I do not condone gold-diggers.)  After the freeze mentioned above, I made a new Sim, who has the Lifetime wish to be a Gold-digger.  Instead of looking for the richest guy in Lucky Palms, I made one.  He even has an entire back-story! It is actually quite sad (although none of it happened), but I won't bore you with the details here. He had a lifetime wish of living in the lap of luxury.  I placed a huge parcel of land and built him a mansion, but here the problems started.  I couldn’t place the steps because “you can’t place steps at the bottom of the sea”, which is quite understandable except this was on land.  Therefore, I built some walls and could place the steps, but I couldn’t rotate them due to the aforementioned issue.  So, the steps had to stay in the position they were in.  Would there have been a way to resolve this?  I didn’t use any cheats to place the lot.  Anyway, they married, had a son and I dispatched him with the ever-so-handy “Trigger Age Transition” cheat.  He was an elder, therefore he died and she witnessed his death, so consequently saw his ghost and got the “became gold-digger memory”, but this didn’t fulfill her wish.  He’s been dead for about 3 days, but his ghost hasn’t appeared yet.  When will his ghost show up and is there a non-mod way to make him appear?  Why didn't the first view of his ghost complete the wish?   What a Face 

Thanks for all your input.  Razz I was just so annoyed all the computers had Windows 8 on them.   Embarassed   There is a company here that lets you customise literally everything from the motherboard type, CPU processors, GPU, etc.  It’s very expensive though and overkill as I have wayyyyy too little knowledge about all these things.  I have now found desktops with Windows 7 on them.  They were hiding in the business section.  You can customise them, so if you can choose the graphic card that should ensure it is compatible.  Otherwise, you can just buy a better one later.  I’ll have to read up on what is compatible though first.  That’s what happened with the last computer.  The graphic card fan stopped, it over-heated and broke. Thanks again for your time.  tongue  Thanks for the offer to help by e-mail.  cheers 

To answer your question, I’ve used Windows XP for years.  It’s a decent OS.  It’s really annoying support ended.  Sad   Windows 7 isn’t awful; there are some useful options, especially the fact that you can search for programmes in the Start Menu.

The first ever computer I used was a Macintosh II in ‘90.  It was cool, but the hard disk was tiny.  I still worked in 2006, but then it was thrown away.  Crying or Very sad   Had Windows 98, then Windows XP.  We used Windows 95 at school (they upgraded to iMac AFTER our class left; they could have done it sooner as W. ‘95 was out-dated by the time we used it), which was awful.  It kept crashing whilst we were supposed to be learning how to touch-type.  I do have a Mac OSX Snow leopard laptop, but it’s quite old.  Also, I accidentally knocked a glass of water over it, so now some of the keys don’t work. Facepalm   It’s the ones you need too!  Backspace, Return, Shift, eject button, up, left and right arrow keys; the keyboard illumination doesn’t shine as brightly on the right side of the keyboard.  The others work.  I dried it out, but I think I broke it.  Shocked  You can “display the keyboard” though and use that to use the backspace key or just use a Bluetooth one.  I’m not brave enough to unscrew it, because it’s a little dented and may not go back together.  Even if it were unscrewed, I wouldn’t do anything.  Hardly going to start welding things onto the motherboard!

Vista was just terrible and Windows 8 looks like it was designed for tablets.  If you wanted to use a tablet, you’d buy one.  You don’t need a desktop or laptop for that!  I REFUSE to have a computer with Windows 8 on it.  It’s just horrible (no offence to people who own it or like it, but  No  seriously  No  [there was no vomit emoticon]).  It’s probably full of security holes and stability issues, besides looking like a copy of an iPad.  Don’t have much knowledge of Linux.  Some computers at uni had Linux Mandrake on them, but they kept crashing.  From what I gather Mac and Windows “borrowed” many ideas from Linux without asking.

Oops, sorry for the length of the off-topic section; it got a bit out of hand!  Surprised  Shocked 

You’re welcome about the editing.  That’s why there’s an edit button!   Very Happy  Maybe it could have a red background or something so people can “see it better”.  Although, some people just like to bump their posts and wouldn’t use it anyway.  Better not use up anymore of your time.

So I thought I get back to you again... Razz  I don't know how this "jealousy"-system works in-game, nor have I even played that much with this kind of stuff. For testing purposes, I created a male sim and added him to my 8 female young adult household. Razz . Anyhow, that guy cheated on his gf by woohoing with another of my sim girls. The gf caught him "in the act"  Shocked  Embarassed  (I forgot to lock the door to the room Razz ), but she didn't show any reaction by herself, so my guess for now is that this jealousy system is mainly (?) triggered by actively "confessing" to it ? I don't know...

Yes, for the Adventure Board you only need this particular mod, and nothing else.

I know that genies can "ban" people, but this will have the same effect as resetting the "unwelcome" sim; so if you ban someone else, that sim will disappear from your lot, and re-appear on his/her home lot, somewhere in town. I'm not sure if that works with other household members.

About the computer...it might indeed be a bad idea to do this on your own, if your knowledge is *not so good*. And I can imagine that letting a computer build by a "specialized" company is expensive. Not only do you have to pay for the actual parts, but also the guy/girl who will then be building the computer. Not including any applicable taxes, and other "extra" payments...making the whole thing really expensive. The funny thing now is...assuming you order a medium/lower-end computer, the assembly costs might  even be more expensive than the actual parts ! Shocked

As said, you have two options..either buy a "ready-to-use" desktop computer (preferably one that has enough "interior space" in its tower, so that you can upgrade it more easily, if needed...or you learn how to build computers at least on a theoretical basis. I'm sure you can find a lot about that via Googling, and again, you can also e-mail me for more details. While I'm at it though: if you choose to click on the e-mail button on my profile, and you send me an e-mail, keep in mind that I will get this e-mail in my mail client (Mozilla Thunderbird). And I can SEE YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS then, which means I will be able to reply to you. So if you don't want that, you can alternatively PM me.

And yes, Windows 8 is horrible too. Not sure why so many people are "upgrading" to it. I had Windows XP, before I upgraded to Windows 7 (Ultimate), and it was a nice OS, actually. That's it again ! Smile  

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Taikira on Fri 20 Jun 2014, 17:31

For the genie elixir... the fireflies required can be spawned from the following butterfly spawners found in buydebug:
Low 1: pratinus (also fulvus)
Med 1: caeruleus (also ruber)
High1: purpureus

As far as I can tell stacking multiple instances of the spawners will increase the spawn rate so that collecting them should be easier/faster.
(Adding High 2[roseus] and Low 2[albus, luteus] to the above would give you all the firefly spawns)

About comp builds... you def want to do research but when I built mine I found this site helpful
http://pcpartpicker.com/
Taikira
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Elder Scrolls, Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior/Quest, Lunar, Dragon's Dogma, Sims 3
Female Posts : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 21 Jun 2014, 03:31

Taikira wrote:For the genie elixir... the fireflies required can be spawned from the following butterfly spawners found in buydebug:
Low 1: pratinus (also fulvus)
Med 1: caeruleus (also ruber)
High1: purpureus

As far as I can tell stacking multiple instances of the spawners will increase the spawn rate so that collecting them should be easier/faster.
(Adding High 2[roseus] and Low 2[albus, luteus] to the above would give you all the firefly spawns)

About comp builds... you def want to do research but when I built mine I found this site helpful
http://pcpartpicker.com/

If you want to make it faster, you can use the NRAAS Debug Enabler for that (although it spoils some of the gameply, including collection of the ingredients). Click on a sim, then NRAAS -> Debug Enabler -> (Options -> Smartphone) -> Skills. There *could* be an option then with which you can add elixirs to your inventory, but I'm not sure if that's the exact path; so I'll have to see that too, later on.

Also that site about comp building is nice, Smile  though some additional research will be necessary. For example, the manufacturer of the AMD FX-9590 (which I had in mind for my custom build) states that a liquid-cooled CPU cooler is strongly recommended. Upon choosing a "normal" (air) cooling system, there was the "no issues found", under "compatibility". Also, some very basic questions need to be answered first: do you really need a high-end gaming desktop computer (which only chews up lots of energy) ?  If you don't even have the time/interest, then a stronger system is just a waste of money (and energy). To make things more complicated, if you want to have another OS than Windows, as your primary operating system (Mac OS X, Linux), then even more research will be necessary.

The site is good though for getting a "first feeling" of selecting parts, though the prices are in USD, and often cheaper than what you are able to get in Europe (where taxes are often much higher than in the US), which is the location of Anonymousething.

But let's not get off-topic now, this should be discussed in the "Hardware"-section on here. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum