Administrator permission required after 1.67 fix. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Administrator permission required after 1.67 fix. [SOLVED]

Post by mkwilke on Wed 12 Mar 2014, 16:54

Hi there i just downloaded the new update for sims3 1.67 last night after doing so it said I needed a game disc so I came on here and downloaded your ultimate fix package. I followed the instructions in there to a t. However, when I got to step 10 of applying the first crack to the sims3 base game/bin folder i got a box pop up when I tried to move and replace with crack. The pop up says Destination Folder Access Denied, You need permission to perform this action.

Here is what I have tried.
Going into properties and making myself the folder owner. Has not worked
Moving and adding the files instead of replacing them. This worked but I had no clue whether it would make the game work so I just deleted the files. I was basically just trying everything I could think of.
Moving and creating a shortcut of the files also worked but did the same as above.

So now heres the thing. Before I knew about the ultimate fix I had successfully put every crack from the original downloads that came with the games from games4theworld into the sims3 game/bin folder. So this is the first one that wont work. Now the really funny part is I am the only user on this laptop so I have administrator access. lol. So if anyone can help :)I would be forever greatful. Thanks sorry about the length. Very Happy

//EDIT

It fixed itself after I restarted the computer. Thanks anyways guys. Smile

mkwilke
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Administrator permission required after 1.67 fix. [SOLVED]

Post by Webmaster on Wed 12 Mar 2014, 19:49

Hello there,

Glad to hear you were able to fix the problem yourself.
Enjoy the game and please let us know if you need help again!

Webmaster
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 19210

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down