bad mods

View previous topic View next topic Go down

bad mods

Post by ineedchemical on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:41 pm

so i had problems with installing cc (black screen) and opening the game (it didnt load) so i removed the mods folder from the sims 3 folder to my desktop and it solved the problem. does it now mean that i cant use mods at all or is there an other way to use them because i really had some great things in there :/
ineedchemical
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: bad mods

Post by sims3hope on Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi there! 
You can still have mods. The reason for the black screen was due to faulty mods. This means that you might've had a mod(or mods) that were old and needed to be updated. Usually it's mod that changes the game substantially. But even still, all mods of that sort need to be updated every time you update your game. If you don't mind, please send a pic of your mod folder so I can see which ones *might* be causing the problems. If you don't have a lot of mods this should be easy. And if you also have few mods I suggest deleting al of your mods (except clothes and cars etc) and delete them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers
Female Posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ineedchemical on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:23 pm

i think 370 files is a lot and what do you mean by the ''except'' part in ''if you also have few mods I suggest deleting al of your mods (except clothes and cars etc) and delete them.'' because i understood that i pretty much need to delete everything except all of the things i have in there :DD
ineedchemical
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts : 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sims3hope on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:06 am

ineedchemical wrote:i think 370 files is a lot and what do you mean by the ''except'' part in ''if you also have few mods I suggest deleting al of your mods (except clothes and cars etc) and delete them.'' because i understood that i pretty much need to delete everything except all of the things i have in there :DD
I mean delete things that don't affect the game. Cars, clothes, hair and things of that sort don't alter the game. Where as a pregnancy controller would. If you have nothing that's affecting the game then we need to jump to another conclusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers
Female Posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:29 pm

ineedchemical wrote:so i had problems with installing cc (black screen) and opening the game (it didnt load) so i removed the mods folder from the sims 3 folder to my desktop and it solved the problem. does it now mean that i cant use mods at all or is there an other way to use them because i really had some great things in there WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello,

Sims3hope is right. There are mods which can cause that kind of trouble. Usually outdated versions of "core mods" (= mods which affect/influence your game heavily, like NRAAS_Overwatch or NRAAS_ErrorTrap).

So make sure to re-download UPDATED versions of all your mods. And you'll have to read the descriptions of all other stuff you download and install too; to identify and learn about any possible conflicts with other mods/CC.

If all your mods are updated, the loading bar will "finish loading" - and the game will start. As for the "blackscreen", check out my suggestions here: 

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t14295-ts3-black-screen-nothing-working-solved

That's it for now - good luck ! Smile  

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14282

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum