Does this happen to anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does this happen to anyone?

Post by sims3hope on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 21:38

2014-03-16
3:14 PM
I'm using a laptop (bad, I know but I really love TS3 and have no other choice atm!) and sometimes (well, almost all the time) this sort of stuff happens and I'm wondering if it happens to other people?

Hint: Pond

Hint: Person

Hint: Everyone on bench (except, my character)

Hint:Trees, look that the leaves... and grass.

Hint: Person

Hint: Pool, trees, windows & walls.

Hint: Dog fur (is it supposed to be like this? I'm not sure..)

Even with all of that, I'm still able to have mirrored floors? I mean, there has to to be something to get rid of that pixelation if I can have an image like this... My graphics must be somewhat good enough...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers
Female Posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Does this happen to anyone?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 21:52

Hey there,

These reflecting floors don't really say much, in the sense of your graphics performance. Smile It might as well be that these mirroring floors "work", but the power for the other stuff "decreases". 

I have that stuff too, with my sims (haven't payed too much attention to the pond yet). But it usually stays like that only for a few seconds. What are your graphics settings ? And what's with the performance of your graphics card ?

Try lowering visual effects, texture detail, sim detail and resolution, in the in-game options menu; and maybe the resolution too. And do you really need these reflecting floors ? If your computer/graphics card isn't so powerful, you might try lowering the settings, and remove that mod for the reflecting floors.

That's it for now - if I remember anything else, I'll let you know ! Smile  

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sims3hope on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 21:57

Carlos wrote:Hey there,

These reflecting floors don't really say much, in the sense of your graphics performance. Smile It might as well be that these mirroring floors "work", but the power for the other stuff "decreases". 

I have that stuff too, with my sims (haven't payed too much attention to the pond yet). But it usually stays like that only for a few seconds. What are your graphics settings ? And what's with the performance of your graphics card ?

Try lowering visual effects, texture detail, sim detail and resolution, in the in-game options menu; and maybe the resolution too. And do you really need these reflecting floors ? If your computer/graphics card isn't so powerful, you might try lowering the settings, and remove that mod for the reflecting floors.

That's it for now - if I remember anything else, I'll let you know ! Smile  
Thanks for replying! It does usually stay like that when it's loading, usually a few seconds. And all of my effects are on low. The floors come in tiles, meaning that you buy them piece by piece in the "buy now" store. And that was my one and only time using them.

I forgot to add, I don't have a graphics card, my graphics are integrated (on the motherboard).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers
Female Posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 16 Mar 2014, 22:09

@sims3hope wrote:Thanks for replying! It does usually stay like that when it's loading, usually a few seconds. And all of my effects are on low. The floors come in tiles, meaning that you buy them piece by piece in the "buy now" store. And that was my one and only time using them.

I forgot to add, I don't have a graphics card, my graphics are integrated (on the motherboard).

I'm not sure if there is too much left you could try then, if all your settings are on low already. Wat.  

You could go to your base game location, and right-click on the TS3W.exe (or you could do that on the TS3W.exe-shortcut too, if you have made such a shortcut). Select "Properties". Then, under the "compatibility" tab, MARK the boxes Disable visual themes and Disable desktop composition. Click on "Apply", then "OK". 

It should help at least a little bit with the graphics, but see if it works for you, next time you re-install The Sims 3. That's it again ! 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum