Sims3Pack installer crashes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims3Pack installer crashes

Post by TheLucky13 on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 10:51

So, I decided to make an account here to ask for help. Yesterday, when I was installing Sims3Packs, everything worked fantastically. Now, overnight I downloaded and installed TS3 Seasons, and today it won't let me install any Sims3Pack files.

Here's what happens:
First, when I click on the file/click install it enters into a black screen, I figured it isn't anything too crazy because usually when I install Sims3Packs it also does this at first. However, this time it lasts for quite a long time.

Well, then as I said, it lasts for quite a while. Then, when I hover over the icon on my taskbar, I see this:

And about a minute later this happens:

Also, don't have an image for this, but when I click on black box itself, even if it's responsive, it shows up a window about it being non-responsive and if I want to close it or wait for it to respond, even if the taskbar shows it as fully responsive.

I have no idea why this happens. Crying or Very sad Also, I have the latest game version (as implied by the launcher) and also have downloaded the ultimate fix. The game itself works just fine, but it's just the Sims3Packs that don't want to work. Oh, and the ones I was installing were non-EA, but I figure since they don't work, EA ones probably don't either.

Hope I get some help. Smile

//EDIT

Well, it seems to work now? I have no clue how this happened but after I restarted my computer it works.    Well, thanks anyways 
TheLucky13
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Minecraft, The Sims 2
Male Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims3Pack installer crashes

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 16:05

Hello and sorry for not replying earlier, 

The launcher is heavily glitched, and I don't think EA is going to fix that (because they are already focussing on The Sims 4). For alternative ways to install .sims3pcks, read up on these topics:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3330-an-alternative-approach-to-managing-store-and-custom-contentupdated-the-sims-3

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t15843-how-to-use-cc-magic

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7029-the-sims-3-cc-please-make-sure-your-game-has-the-latest-software-updates-and-try-again-error-s-100-solution

The latter two are very similar, but you should get the idea. Do you have any other questions ? Smile  

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLucky13 on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 21:46

Well, since I got it figured out, it doesn't seem like a big issue, but thanks for the help. Now I know what to do if it should happen again Razz Though, I have another question with the launcher itself - I keep getting weird "Script error"'s, usually on line 1009 or 1018. Not sure what these are, they don't seem to affect anything but they're just annoying. Is it a well-known bug/fixable bug?

The Sims Plumbob 1  The Sims 3 plumbob  The Sims Plumbob 1  The Sims 3 plumbob  The Sims Plumbob 1  The Sims 3 plumbob  The Sims Plumbob 1  The Sims 3 plumbob  The Sims Plumbob 1  The Sims 3 plumbob  The Sims Plumbob 1 
TheLucky13
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Minecraft, The Sims 2
Male Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 19 Mar 2014, 19:27

TheLucky13 wrote:Well, since I got it figured out, it doesn't seem like a big issue, but thanks for the help. Now I know what to do if it should happen again Razz Though, I have another question with the launcher itself - I keep getting weird "Script error"'s, usually on line 1009 or 1018. Not sure what these are, they don't seem to affect anything but they're just annoying. Is it a well-known bug/fixable bug?

You can ignore that error. That doesn't prevent you from starting the game, does it ? Wink  

I would actually suggest you use the TS3W.exe in the base game location to start the game. Usually the base game location is C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Or make a shortcut to the desktop from that file. 

And that should do !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum