FRUSTRATED New Mac User, installed all EP/SP and used fix but game is stuck at black screen!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FRUSTRATED New Mac User, installed all EP/SP and used fix but game is stuck at black screen!

Post by luxx0812 on Mon 17 Mar 2014, 21:21

Hi, I posted in another thread but saw it was kind of wrong to do so. Anyway I just started using Mac and have run into problems with mostly the conversion of the files I saved on an external hardrive from my pc to my Mac. I read the instructions on how to convert to .dmg and got all the EP and SP installed with no problems. I had alot of downloads and mods that I saved from my pc game, and the downloads seemed to be installed fine in the launcher, however the mods are i guess not compatible with Mac and I have ALOT of them. I removed the Mods folder to see if I could run the game and after clicking play in the launcher it closes but keeps a black screen when loading. I couldnt load the game because it was not cracked properly, so I re-applied the crack and was at least able to  close the launcher after clicking play. What am I doing wrong? If need be ill try to get team viewer because I spent nearly a week figuring this out and almost regret switching to Mac Sad

Mod edit: please stay in the Mac section right away. Smile  Topic moved to "Mac support".

- Carlos

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims (All related all platforms) GTA (All related all platforms)
Female Posts : 15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FRUSTRATED New Mac User, installed all EP/SP and used fix but game is stuck at black screen!

Post by Phoebe on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 08:37

Hello,

Switching from Pac to Mac is a stressful process, I know the feeling. But in time, you'll start to understand the way your Mac works so it'll be easier.

For Sims 3, you should have waited until run and make sure your game is okay before adding all the custom mods and store items. If you did the cracking game according to the guide, the problem should be a corrupted custom content.

Please go to your Documents folder and Electronic Arts. Change the name of the "The Sims 3" folder to something, like "The Sims 3.old". Now open your launcher again to see if game works without a problem now. If it is working, then it means you have corrupted custom contents. If game won't load still, it means you've done something wrong while patching/cracking.

Please try this and let me know the result. And be patient, it'll work out Smile I had the same problems when I first bought my Macbook Air two years ago but I can play Sims 3 with all EP's and custom contents without having a problem.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: FRUSTRATED New Mac User, installed all EP/SP and used fix but game is stuck at black screen!

Post by luxx0812 on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 18:01

Ok it seems to be bad custom content, since I changed the folder name and it loading all the way even to where i have to create a family. Of course, it did not recognize my mods folder, and some of the towns i had installed are not there. Where do I go from here as far as Mods and the store stuff I downloaded? Do I have to just re-download everything? (gonna be hard I forgot some of the websites I got my stuff from)

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims (All related all platforms) GTA (All related all platforms)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 20:19

Hello,

It's good news! Now all you need to do is adding the mods with small numbered groups, like ten by ten etc. find out the corrupted CC.

Only thing you need is a little bit patience Smile And from now on, just be sure not to add lots of CC together, just adding them slowly not to ruin your game.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luxx0812 on Tue 18 Mar 2014, 23:45

Ok so do I drag and drop then run the game? Or download them again? I got the framework folder from MTS but the game doesn't seem to recognize the folder. The installed worlds folder has the worlds I downloaded but of course does not show up. I saw a post on the worlds on here so I'll check that out, but its the Mods folder I can't seem to get working even if it has nothing but the no intro and no build sparkles packages.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 15:48

Hello,

Please one by one start checking your mods and CC's in your new game folder. It takes time but there is no other way to work your game.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum