TheSims3 has stopped working :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TheSims3 has stopped working :(

Post by rxrafcla on Sun 23 Mar 2014, 13:03

Greetings!

I've successfully installed The Sims 3 with some expansion packs from here a year ago. I was able to play it smoothly for months or so until I have to go back to school and stop playing for a while. 

When I played it again, I thought it was fine but then after 5 mins of playing, it freezes and a pop up appears saying "TheSims3 has stopped working. Windows is checking a solution for the problem" and it happens all the time. I checked this site for solutions and I found out out that my game wasn't up to date anymore, so I updated and I even applied the new fix. The game still works but it still crashes after 5-10 mins of playing. 

I followed the instruction found here about the fix for crashes (7 ways) but nothing seemed to work for my case. I deleted my entire Sims 3 folder from My Documents until it gives me a new one. Added exe files to DEP. and all. Till I decided to re-install. But the problem persists. What to do? 

I'm running on windows 7. 

Please help me Sad
And thank you for all the torrents. The problem is with my system, your downloads are perfect. 

20:17:44 2014-03-23

//EDIT

This is my system information

rxrafcla
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TheSims3 has stopped working :(

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 19:12

Hello,

Just to make sure: have another look at this here and (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Now, even if you say do did all of that already, have a look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3.

Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum