.rar files extracting as .rar files

View previous topic View next topic Go down

.rar files extracting as .rar files

Post by lou1990lou on Sun 23 Mar 2014, 13:25

Help me!

I have downloaded at least 3 expansion packs, and each of these I have tried to extract to get the set up files.

Instead, after wasting quite a few hours extracting, I only end up getting the same .rar file extracted.
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?

lou1990lou
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: .rar files extracting as .rar files

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Mar 2014, 21:52

lou1990lou wrote:Help me!

I have downloaded at least 3 expansion packs, and each of these I have tried to extract to get the set up files.

Instead, after wasting quite a few hours extracting, I only end up getting the same .rar file extracted.
CAN YOU PLEASE HELP?

Hello,

Try creating an empty folder somewhere. Then re-open the .RAR file(s) with WinRAR (you should ONLY use WinRAR for opening and extracting the .RARs from G4TW). Press Ctrl + A inside the .RAR, then drag and drop the marked contents into the empty folder you created.

And that's it, there is usually not much behind "extracting" .RAR files, but feel free to show us a screenshot of the .RARs you're trying to extract, if you still get problems.

Good luck.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum