main hard drive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

main hard drive

Post by telo90 on Tue 25 Mar 2014, 00:04

I have 2 questions :
I need to ask, does the manual patch still work if you don't have the sims 3 installed on the main hard drive, but on D: for instance ?
And, 2nd,  if your game is installed on the main hard drive, can you install an expansion pack on another hard drive and still play the game ?

telo90
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3
Male Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: main hard drive

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 26 Mar 2014, 18:25

@telo90 wrote:I have 2 questions :
I need to ask, does the manual patch still work if you don't have the sims 3 installed on the main hard drive, but on D: for instance ?
And, 2nd,  if your game is installed on the main hard drive, can you install an expansion pack on another hard drive and still play the game ?

Hello,

No, there shouldn't be any issues at all with installing the base game/expansions on different hard-drives.

But keep in mind that you have to have enough space on your "main" hard-drive (usually that's the C: drive), still. Because the game will still save the savegames, mods/CC, onto your main drive. And if you run out of space there, you'll be in trouble with the game. And generally, the stability of your computer is also at risk, if you don't leave some "extra space" on your main drive.

Hope this helps you ! Smile  

//EDIT

My folder "The Sims 3", in My Documents/Electronic Arts, has all savegames and mods/CC for me. It's 17.3 GB big in my case, however, I have all store items, and a few mods and other CC too.

In addition to the size of your "The Sims 3" folder, leave another 2-3 GB of extra space for "stability". Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum