Launcher cant install anything. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher cant install anything. [SOLVED]

Post by Johnathan801 on Tue 25 Mar 2014, 07:51

 Help  My launcher cant install CC when i press intsall on it it give me the ussual blank screen (black colour) and then after few second it says the sims 3 stopped working the launcher work fine just the instalation that gone wrong i try the DEP stuff that come with games4theworld ultimate fix didn't works, i try rename the sims 3 folder in my documents to refresh the game (i think) and still didn't works...what happens....????????? please help me this things never happen,,,, before,my launcher works fine...it all happens after i decided to refresh my game with renaming the sims 3 folder to the sims 3.old and replacing CC with packages now i wanted some CC again and couldn't install it.....and one more when im replacing CC i convert some of it with "delphy" sims 3 packs converter...and i recently unninstall some EP from game...somebody help me.......im about to cry Sad 
avatar
Johnathan801
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, NFS series, GTA 5, Battlefield 3 and 4, Mario Bros, Ace Combat:Assault Horrizon, and SimCity series
Male Posts : 8
Points : 1310
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-25
Age : 27
Location : Earth,The Milkyway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher cant install anything. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 18:32

Johnathan801 wrote:
 Help  My launcher cant install CC when i press intsall on it it give me the ussual blank screen (black colour) and then after few second it says the sims 3 stopped working the launcher work fine just the instalation that gone wrong i try the DEP stuff that come with games4theworld ultimate fix didn't works, i try rename the sims 3 folder in my documents to refresh the game (i think) and still didn't works...what happens....????????? please help me this things never happen,,,, before,my launcher works fine...it all happens after i decided to refresh my game with renaming the sims 3 folder to the sims 3.old and replacing CC with packages now i wanted some CC again and couldn't install it.....and one more when im replacing CC i convert some of it with "delphy" sims 3 packs converter...and i recently unninstall some EP from game...somebody help me.......im about to cry Sad 

Hello,

The launcher is heavily glitched, and there is not much you can do, usually. This has nothing to do with the "Ultimate fix", "DEP", etc. This is a completely different problem. Now... in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete all of the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"


Next, read up on this topic here; it may help you with installing CC:


http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t15843-how-to-use-cc-magic


Also, when you install CC and you then un-install an expansion/stuffpack, the CC should still be there. I'm not sure if that's what you wanted to ask in your last sentence though. Feel free to elaborate further.

Good luck for now ! Smile  

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher cant install anything. [SOLVED]

Post by Johnathan801 on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 23:14

Thanks carlos, i really apreciate your help i will try your suggestion and see if it works Smile
avatar
Johnathan801
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, NFS series, GTA 5, Battlefield 3 and 4, Mario Bros, Ace Combat:Assault Horrizon, and SimCity series
Male Posts : 8
Points : 1310
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-25
Age : 27
Location : Earth,The Milkyway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher cant install anything. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 00:37

Johnathan801 wrote:Thanks carlos, i really apreciate your help i will try your suggestion and see if it works Smile

You are welcome, and indeed, take your time to read up on how to use CC Magic.


Feel free to report back if you have more issues ! Smile  

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher cant install anything. [SOLVED]

Post by Johnathan801 on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 01:12

Hey, carlos, i just try what you tell to me yesterday and delete all that stuff but nothing seems change...the launcher keep crashing when the ussual blank screen appears Crying or Very sad ... i start to think that my launcher is total broken... but if my launcher cant install anything, what should i do when i want to install CC, i have no problem when installing ussual CC like hair, clothes, and other objects, just simply extract the sims3pack and move the packages file to mods folder,,,,but i have no idea how to install worlds and lots without launcher,,, remember my launcher cant install anything and its the only way to install CC ,if my launcher cant be fix you can help me with installing CC without launcher (especially worlds and lots),,,, or i just left off with reinstall anything  Question  Crying or Very sad
avatar
Johnathan801
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, NFS series, GTA 5, Battlefield 3 and 4, Mario Bros, Ace Combat:Assault Horrizon, and SimCity series
Male Posts : 8
Points : 1310
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-25
Age : 27
Location : Earth,The Milkyway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher cant install anything. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 06:26

Johnathan801 wrote:Hey, carlos, i just try what you tell to me yesterday and delete all that stuff but nothing seems change...the launcher keep crashing when the ussual blank screen appears Crying or Very sad ... i start to think that my launcher is total broken... but if my launcher cant install anything, what should i do when i want to install CC, i have no problem when installing ussual CC like hair, clothes, and other objects, just simply extract the sims3pack and move the packages file to mods folder,,,,but i have no idea how to install worlds and lots without launcher,,, remember my launcher cant install anything and its the only way to install CC ,if my launcher cant be fix you can help me with installing CC without launcher (especially worlds and lots),,,, or i just left off with reinstall anything  Question  Crying or Very sad

Hello again,

I'm not sure what can be done then...if you have Windows Vista or later, try right-clicking on a desktop Sims 3 shortcut (which will open up the launcher), and choose "run as Administrator". If that doesn't help either, un-install the base game only and then re-boot the computer. Or use the Sims3LauncherW.exe in the base game location and run it as Administrator.

After that, re-install the base game and re-do the steps from #2 to #4 here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

I'm afraid that's all I can say for now. 

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher cant install anything. [SOLVED]

Post by Johnathan801 on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 13:28

Carlos!!!Your last suggestion is work!!! I run the launcher as admin, and then something saying that the launcher is not working properly so windows will launch the troubleshoot, and then after troubleshooting the launcher its turn out that my launcher is incompatible with windows last update so i test it out and the launcher now working properly, thank you, i wish i can give bilion thank you...for everyone who help me...especially Carlos....im happy more than everyone right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
avatar
Johnathan801
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, NFS series, GTA 5, Battlefield 3 and 4, Mario Bros, Ace Combat:Assault Horrizon, and SimCity series
Male Posts : 8
Points : 1310
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-25
Age : 27
Location : Earth,The Milkyway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher cant install anything. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 22:10

Johnathan801 wrote:Carlos!!!Your last suggestion is work!!! I run the launcher as admin, and then something saying that the launcher is not working properly so windows will launch the troubleshoot, and then after troubleshooting the launcher its turn out that my launcher is incompatible with windows last update so i test it out and the launcher now working properly, thank you, i wish i can give bilion thank you...for everyone who help me...especially Carlos....im happy more than everyone right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello again,


That sounds good ! Smile  But does that mean you installed a new Windows update - and then the launcher worked again ?

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419
Points : 19139
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher cant install anything. [SOLVED]

Post by Johnathan801 on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 23:37

No i think the launcher start having  a problem after i update the windows...so when i run the launcher as administrator the windows suddenly run troubleshooting...and thats somehow fix my problem...so i think its the windows last update that trigger it....i think that way because it's never happen before i update the windows....ou yeah after troubleshooting i open the launcher with internet connection and the launcher said that there is new store content patch available then i update the launcher and the store content patch, thats maybe the problem to, cause i rarely playing the sims 3 when online and i only know any launcher or the game update when online.....and one more the windows update didn't causing a problem since the last update, before i update my windows at the end of 2013 and the launcher still works properly...im not sure what really causing me problem...but who cares...??? my launcher is now working by the trobleshooting....


Mod edit: OK, I'll close the topic. Feel free to open a new topic if you have new issues.

- Carlos
avatar
Johnathan801
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, NFS series, GTA 5, Battlefield 3 and 4, Mario Bros, Ace Combat:Assault Horrizon, and SimCity series
Male Posts : 8
Points : 1310
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-25
Age : 27
Location : Earth,The Milkyway

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum