I can't change any of the general settings of the game (that means i can't even mute the music, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can't change any of the general settings of the game (that means i can't even mute the music, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY). [SOLVED]

Post by Irene_Adler on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 02:12

Hi everyone!


I'm new here, so I hope this hasn't been answered before. (I've checked the FAQ and the last 5 pages of this forum and I haven't found any thread with this issue, so I hope opening a new thread is ok).


Also, English is not my native language, so excuse any grammar/spelling mistakes you can find in this post!


I've installed TS3 Pets yesterday (it's the first expansion i've installed), and the game seems to work fine, except for two things:


1. The general view of the city looks like this:







2. I can't seem to be able to change any of the general settings of the game. They look like this:











And even when apparently I can change the options and save my changes, the changes are actually not saved, and nothing happens. Nothing at all. The most annoying thing to me is actually the sound. Although the settings show that the sound and music are at their lowest level, that's not true. I would say they must be playing like at a medium/high level. And I can't lower that, nor mute them.


I need an urgent solution for this, because the music is just driving me crazy!!!


(and mute the sound of my laptop is not an option, because I'm usually on skype while playing. Also, I'd like to keep hearing the rest of the sounds of the game)


Thank you so much in advance, and thank you for all the hard work! You're amazing!


Last edited by Irene_Adler on Mon 26 May 2014, 12:23; edited 1 time in total

Irene_Adler
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1247
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't change any of the general settings of the game (that means i can't even mute the music, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY). [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 07:21

Hello Smile

Couple of questions. Do you have any mods in your game? And did you change anything else about your game or computer before this happened?
avatar
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043
Points : 4502
Reputation : 219
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't change any of the general settings of the game (that means i can't even mute the music, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY). [SOLVED]

Post by Irene_Adler on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 13:55

Hello and thanks!

I don't have any mods in my game, no custom content, and I didn't change anything in my computer before that happened (i'm running a windows 8, btw). The only change was to install TS3 PETS, and those problems happened since the first time I started playing with the expansion.

I had had the base game for a few days, and everything worked fine (and i remember i was able to change the levels of sound and music in the general settings). I downloaded the base game from a different uploader (rld-sims3 from demonoid, on kickass torrents), so maybe that's the problem? It's the first time I download games to my PC, so I don't know if there's something like compatibility problems between different versions of a cracked game... 

Thank you again!

Irene_Adler
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1247
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't change any of the general settings of the game (that means i can't even mute the music, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 18:40

@Irene_Adler wrote:Hello and thanks!

I don't have any mods in my game, no custom content, and I didn't change anything in my computer before that happened (i'm running a windows 8, btw). The only change was to install TS3 PETS, and those problems happened since the first time I started playing with the expansion.

I had had the base game for a few days, and everything worked fine (and i remember i was able to change the levels of sound and music in the general settings). I downloaded the base game from a different uploader (rld-sims3 from demonoid, on kickass torrents), so maybe that's the problem? It's the first time I download games to my PC, so I don't know if there's something like compatibility problems between different versions of a cracked game... 

Thank you again!

Hello,

It's just a suspicion from me, but go to the following location:


My Documents (Documentos)/Electronic Arts/Los Sims 3 (since your game is in Spanish, seemingly).

Look for the Options.ini file and right-click on it. Go to "Properties" and look if the box Read only is marked. If it is indeed marked, UNMARK it again. Then click on "Apply" and then on "OK". 

Re-start the game then, change a few settings and see if they "revert" again.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087
Points : 18691
Reputation : 1988
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't change any of the general settings of the game (that means i can't even mute the music, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY). [SOLVED]

Post by Irene_Adler on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 22:49

Carlos wrote:
@Irene_Adler wrote:[...]

Hello,

It's just a suspicion from me, but go to the following location:


My Documents (Documentos)/Electronic Arts/Los Sims 3 (since your game is in Spanish, seemingly).

Look for the Options.ini file and right-click on it. Go to "Properties" and look if the box Read only is marked. If it is indeed marked, UNMARK it again. Then click on "Apply" and then on "OK". 

Re-start the game then, change a few settings and see if they "revert" again.


Hello, and thank you for your answer!

Sadly, I just went to check the properties of that file and "read only" was already unmarked, so I guess that's not the problem Sad

Thank you, though!

Irene_Adler
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1247
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't change any of the general settings of the game (that means i can't even mute the music, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 22:57

@Irene_Adler wrote:

Hello, and thank you for your answer!

Sadly, I just went to check the properties of that file and "read only" was already unmarked, so I guess that's not the problem Sad

Thank you, though!


The fact that all your graphics settings are (by default ?) set on very low might indicate outdated video drivers.

Do you know how to update your graphics card rivers ? And if so, can you try doing that, if you haven't done so yet ? Smile  


//EDIT


Do you also know if your computer has one or two graphics cards ? If it had two cards, it could further complicate the situation, but let's see.




Spoiler:


Last edited by Carlos on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 20:22; edited 1 time in total
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087
Points : 18691
Reputation : 1988
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't change any of the general settings of the game (that means i can't even mute the music, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY). [SOLVED]

Post by Irene_Adler on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 00:10

Carlos wrote:
@Irene_Adler wrote:[...]

The fact that all your graphics settings are (by default ?) set on very low might indicate outdated video drivers.

Do you know how to update your graphics card rivers ? And if so, can you try doing that, if you haven't done so yet ? Smile  


//EDIT


Do you also know if your computer has one or two graphics cards ? If it had two cards, it could further complicate the situation, but let's see.


Hi, thank you for not giving up on me! :3

I don't know how to update my graphic card drivers. I googled how to do it, and then I downloaded the AMD Driver Autodetect Tool. It says I have already the most recent update in my system... I also did it manually, here:



... and it said the same thing. I don't know what to do now then. Did i do it wrong? Is there another way to update my graphic card drivers?

Thanks!

Irene_Adler
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1247
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't change any of the general settings of the game (that means i can't even mute the music, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 05:14



Hi, thank you for not giving up on me! :3

I don't know how to update my graphic card drivers. I googled how to do it, and then I downloaded the AMD Driver Autodetect Tool. It says I have already the most recent update in my system... I also did it manually, here:



... and it said the same thing. I don't know what to do now then. Did i do it wrong? Is there another way to update my graphic card drivers?

Thanks!

Hello again and sorry for the relatively late reply,


The way you are trying to update the driver is not (always) reliable; instead just google for the drivers you need, in your case type into Google "AMD Radeon HD 7500M driver". For your convenience, I have already done that for you. Smile Look here:


http://www.amd-drivers.com/download-RadeonHD7500M-mobility-driver-for-Windows8-64bit.html



The first driver that shows up there is for 64-bit Windows systems; scroll down for the second driver, if your Windows is a 32-bit version. Good luck again ! Smile 
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087
Points : 18691
Reputation : 1988
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I can't change any of the general settings of the game (that means i can't even mute the music, which is DRIVING ME CRAZY). [SOLVED]

Post by Irene_Adler on Mon 26 May 2014, 12:21

Carlos wrote:
Hello again and sorry for the relatively late reply,


The way you are trying to update the driver is not (always) reliable; instead just google for the drivers you need, in your case type into Google "AMD Radeon HD 7500M driver". For your convenience, I have already done that for you. Smile Look here:


http://www.amd-drivers.com/download-RadeonHD7500M-mobility-driver-for-Windows8-64bit.html



The first driver that shows up there is for 64-bit Windows systems; scroll down for the second driver, if your Windows is a 32-bit version. Good luck again ! Smile 

Hello again!

Sorry I disappeared like that, but I didn't seem to be able to make it work, even following your instructions, and I didn't want to keep bothering you over and over.

However, I'm writing here now again to let you know that my sims 3 are finally working perfectly!

I had the base game installed and the Pets extension (that was when the game started to do weird things), and yesterday I decided to install the Seasons extension as well. Then, when I started the game (now with that extension) everything, graphics and sound, worked fine, and I can finally change the settings as I want! So I'm very happy now, and I wanted to say thank you to all of you :'D

-R


Mod edit: you are very welcome ! Smile Whenever you have any other issue, feel free to get in touch with me again. This topic is closed now ! Very Happy  

- Carlos

Irene_Adler
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1247
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum