An error has occured in the script of this page

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An error has occured in the script of this page

Post by Mzbabiface09 on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 17:33

This is a continuous error that I get every single time I start my launcher. It asked me if I want to continue running scripts on this page, I click yes and it pops up again right after I click yes. confused  I usually have to race to click the play button before it pops up again to play my game and it works perfectly fine. This message gets very annoying can you help me? Thanks

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 2, the sims 3, and the sims 4
Female Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An error has occured in the script of this page

Post by V10R37 on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 18:58

If there is a solution to this problem, I need it to...
V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Euro Truck Simulator 2; Hearthstone
Male Posts : 274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymousething on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 19:08

I have the same problem!  It is rather annoying. Doesn't seem to affect the game though.
Did you do anything specific before this error message showed up or did it just appear?  I first noticed it after restoring a saved game from a backup. Not sure how that would affect the scripts on the page though...

Does anyone know the name of this old Mac game (from the '90s)? => It's similar to Lode Runner / Jumpman, except you're in space; the little man can jump / run / climb ladders and dies if he falls; he uses oxygen whilst moving, so he needs to get to the oxygen containers; he has to get to the key to open the door which wins the level; there are no enemies and nothing to kill you (unless you run off the end of a platform or run out of oxygen).

"Never pay more than 20$ for a computer game." Guybrush Threepwood (The Secret of Monkey Island)
Anonymousething
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, Sim Ant, Lemmings, Solarian II, Shuffle Puck, Monkey Island, Robin Hood: The legend of Sherwood, LucasFilms/LucasArts games
Female Posts : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbabiface09 on Fri 28 Mar 2014, 19:38

Oh wow glad im not the only one I didn't do anything to my game before this happened just restored my Firefox to factory settings but I don't see how that should effect the launcher to Sims  Wat.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymousething on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 00:02

Hmmmm, that's weird. It is very confusing. It might be a problem with Internet Security settings or maybe certain IE plugins, scripts and cookies are being blocked.  Weird that these should just appear out of nowhere though.  Maybe it could be a problem with Flash Player.

This might be worth a shot: Open Internet Explorer (yuck!) and go to the Adobe Website --> Get flash player (Sorry, not sure I can post an external link, most likely not) --> download the newest version of Flash Player --> re-start computer (alternatively Google Adobe Flash Player, but make sure you're on the Adobe web page before downloading) --> did it work?

I'll try tomorrow and see if it works.  I have noticed that automatic Flash Player updates have failed. Maybe it is Flash Player?

EDIT

Flash Player updated, but the script error remains...

Does anyone know the name of this old Mac game (from the '90s)? => It's similar to Lode Runner / Jumpman, except you're in space; the little man can jump / run / climb ladders and dies if he falls; he uses oxygen whilst moving, so he needs to get to the oxygen containers; he has to get to the key to open the door which wins the level; there are no enemies and nothing to kill you (unless you run off the end of a platform or run out of oxygen).

"Never pay more than 20$ for a computer game." Guybrush Threepwood (The Secret of Monkey Island)
Anonymousething
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, Sim Ant, Lemmings, Solarian II, Shuffle Puck, Monkey Island, Robin Hood: The legend of Sherwood, LucasFilms/LucasArts games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbabiface09 on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 20:36

Good idea I'll try it and get back to you.

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AradentRope3 on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 09:05

Hi everyone just go around the launcher what i mean is instead of launching the game using the launcher use the ts3.exe\ts3w.exe or if u have any ep installed try to run TS3EPxx.exe\TS3SPxx.exe( :idea:remb: use the latest installed ep's .exe )

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : the sims 3, C.O.D, TC Ghost Recon Future Soldier, GTA IV + EFLC, FIFA 14, MAX PAYNE 3, BATTLEFIELD SERIES ,SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR, Sniper Elite V2, counter strike, Elders Scroll- Skyrim,L.A. Noir, America's Army3
Male Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 11:27

@AradentRope3 wrote:Hi everyone just go around the launcher what i mean is instead of launching the game using the launcher use the ts3.exe\ts3w.exe or if u have any ep installed try to run TS3EPxx.exe\TS3SPxx.exe( :idea:remb: use the latest installed ep's .exe )

Hello all,

This "error" does not impact gameplay in any way from my point of view. Despite this error you should be able to start the game. 

If you DO care about this problem, try clearing the browser cache + cookies (Internet Explorer). Or as a very radical measure try resetting Internet Explorer. In Windows Vista and later, go to the Control Panel, then Network and Internet -> Internet options -> Advanced (tab) -> Reset

That's all.

@Aradent Rope: if you're using the G4TW Ultimate fix along with one of the "necessary" expansions/stuffpacks, then there is no need to use one of the expansion .exe's. Just use the TS3W.exe in the base game location.

But yes indeed, using the TS3W.exe to start the game is a good workaround, if this pop-up really prevents you from clicking the "play"-button in the launcher. Another "dirty" workaround could be to de-activate your internet connection before playing, although that can be a bit awkward to do, each time you play TS3...

//EDIT

Usually, when I have that pop-up in the launcher, it doesn't prevent me from clicking the launcher's "play"-button. Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean anything...

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonymousething on Tue 01 Apr 2014, 01:14

Hi,

What does your script error say? Is it a problem with "...be.sponsorspray...? Every time the page on the launcher changes, the  Censored   script error appears.  Does yours?

You could try the following: remove all old versions of and update Java (or at the worst de-install and re-install), then update the following: Flash Player, Origin, Adobe Air, Windows and .Net Framework. If necessary re-set Internet Explorer. Then re-start computer.

EDIT

I have done all that to no avail, but it may help you. Who knows? It's good to keep updated anyway (as long as the programs are installed from the official website and not some dodgy thing that incorporates spyware...)  Did it help you?  It's annoying the script error just appeared out of nowhere!  Mad

Anonymousething
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mzbabiface09 on Mon 07 Apr 2014, 20:21

Ok I tried deleting cookies and catche from internet explorer and I already reset my firefox and the error still appears.. The only update my computer keeps notifying me of is my java platform but whenever I click install it starts and an error message pops up saying something stopped it from being able to download and windows will find a solution when available?

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AradentRope3 on Tue 08 Apr 2014, 00:04

did u try my suggestion?

Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : the sims 3, C.O.D, TC Ghost Recon Future Soldier, GTA IV + EFLC, FIFA 14, MAX PAYNE 3, BATTLEFIELD SERIES ,SNIPER GHOST WARRIOR, Sniper Elite V2, counter strike, Elders Scroll- Skyrim,L.A. Noir, America's Army3
Male Posts : 9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum