Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Suspended In Dusk on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 06:09

Hello,
I received a new laptop and because of the situation handed to me, was unable to download through the incredibly slow Origin account i have. I was able to download the Base game but the rest of the expansions ( All except katy perry and any after University Life) were downloaded from this site. I had no issues installing the majority of expansions except for World Adventures and Outdoor Living mostly due to my inexperience with the registry.
So instead of rambling on, here are my main issues:
1) My game ran perfectly fine under update 1.50 and when i tried updating to the newest one my game crash. Even with the Ultimate Fix and Nrass Mods involved. Is there a possibility that older versions of the fix can be posted for those who dont want to update their games?
2) If the above is impossible, is there a way to fix the invisible town and main screen issue that seems to occur even after i used to version 1.67 Ultimate Fix?
.....this is a bit embarrassing considering i was once a helper on the site but can someone help me. lol  scratch  Help

Suspended In Dusk
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 1378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 06:34

@Suspended In Dusk wrote:Hello,
I received a new laptop and because of the situation handed to me, was unable to download through the incredibly slow Origin account i have. I was able to download the Base game but the rest of the expansions ( All except katy perry and any after University Life) were downloaded from this site. I had no issues installing the majority of expansions except for World Adventures and Outdoor Living mostly due to my inexperience with the registry.
So instead of rambling on, here are my main issues:
1) My game ran perfectly fine under update 1.50 and when i tried updating to the newest one my game crash. Even with the Ultimate Fix and Nrass Mods involved. Is there a possibility that older versions of the fix can be posted for those who dont want to update their games?
2) If the above is impossible, is there a way to fix the invisible town and main screen issue that seems to occur even after i used to version 1.67 Ultimate Fix?
.....this is a bit embarrassing considering i was once a helper on the site but can someone help me. lol  scratch  Help

//MOVED

Hello,

Most likely this issue is due to the Ultimate fix not being correctly applied. Again, check out this topic here, and re-do the steps from #2 to #4:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly


Do these steps as precisely as possible. Since there aren't that many other explanations for this "phenomenon"...

Just out of interest (if you don't mind answering this): when were you a Helper on here ? Smile  I guess that was probably way before I came on here (in late 2012) ? 


//EDIT

Personally I don't recommend sticking with a version that is as old as 1.50. You'd have to ask the Admin if he still has the Ultimate fix for that, and you'd have to look for a manual patch for that version too, on the internet.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Suspended In Dusk on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 18:37

Hello Carlos and thanks for responding to me so quickly.
I will try to redo the steps again after i install the last two expansions i mentioned that puzzled me lol

I was a helper on this site about a year or so ago. My original name was Stabitha666. Admin rightfully took away the accounts "power" because i was away for so long. I was in the midst of moving from one part of the country to another and didnt have internet for a long while. The last time i was on this site was when we were all dealing with the lost of the Mediafire account and coming up with the solution that turned into the New downloading site that is up.

Regarding using a later version, I wish i could upgrade to the newer patch and get the newer games but my game crashes with the new update and games. Sucks but im grateful nonetheless.
The thing is I had a 1.5 TB external harddrive with everything on it....and it died on me. I had everything i needed on it...So hence my dilemma.

Well, let me shoot over to Admin's inbox and send over a message. Thanks once again. If i remember my original accounts password, i may just delete this one..who knows.

Suspended In Dusk
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 1378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 18:46

@Suspended In Dusk wrote:Hello Carlos and thanks for responding to me so quickly.
I will try to redo the steps again after i install the last two expansions i mentioned that puzzled me lol

I was a helper on this site about a year or so ago. My original name was Stabitha666. Admin rightfully took away the accounts "power" because i was away for so long. I was in the midst of moving from one part of the country to another and didnt have internet for a long while. The last time i was on this site was when we were all dealing with the lost of the Mediafire account and coming up with the solution that turned into the New downloading site that is up.

Regarding using a later version, I wish i could upgrade to the newer patch and get the newer games but my game crashes with the new update and games. Sucks but im grateful nonetheless.
The thing is I had a 1.5 TB external harddrive with everything on it....and it died on me. I had everything i needed on it...So hence my dilemma.

Well, let me shoot over to Admin's inbox and send over a message. Thanks once again. If i remember my original accounts password, i may just delete this one..who knows.


As for the crashing, I'll get back to you about that too, but yes, try re-applying the latest Ultimate fix, correctly. Smile  

Theoretically, the only other alternatives to this problem are some incompatible mods/CC, and this topic here too:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix


Again, I'll get back to you for the crashing, once you correctly applied the latest fix. 


Ah yes, I've seen some of your older posts - you were Helper along with the likes of t2sink and TCPCohen; from that "bunch" though, invalidusername and cezra are still here, but all others aren't. Wat.  

Keep me updated ! Very Happy  


//EDIT


If you are interested in helping out again here, PM the Admin. I'm sure you will get your "powers" back relatively quick, if you start helping out again. 

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Suspended In Dusk on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 18:55

I downloaded the correct mods from the site when i had updated the game so i know it couldnt have been that.

And what do you mean that "bunch"?! lol
InvalidUserName was my friend..well still is technically.
The only reason why i disappeared is because i moved from one side of my country to the next and didnt have country and my laptop was stolen.

I would love to help again but probably wouldnt be of much help since im having issues of my own with the game LMAO

Noted: Originally, Half of my games were from origin including the base game and half from here. While in this case, only the Base game is from Origin. I couldnt stand waiting for the downloading........-.-

Suspended In Dusk
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 1378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 19:02

@Suspended In Dusk wrote:I downloaded the correct mods from the site when i had updated the game so i know it couldnt have been that.

And what do you mean that "bunch"?! lol
InvalidUserName was my friend..well still is technically.
The only reason why i disappeared is because i moved from one side of my country to the next and didnt have country and my laptop was stolen.

I would love to help again but probably wouldnt be of much help since im having issues of my own with the game LMAO

Noted: Originally, Half of my games were from origin including the base game and half from here. While in this case, only the Base game is from Origin. I couldnt stand waiting for the downloading........-.-


I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be offensive. Sad  But I was trying to say that you all were a "great bunch", back then. Smile 

If your base game is from Origin, make sure to apply the two files inside the #crack-folder of the Ultimate fix (= step #4 from the guide in my first reply), to the following location:

C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Then overwrite all of the original files, of course. 


//EDIT


Welcome back to the forum of course, whether or not you'll re-apply as a (Sims) Helper on here ! Very Happy  

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Suspended In Dusk on Sat 29 Mar 2014, 20:24

You werent being offensive. I was kidding.
And thanks for the compliment.

I know i definitely did the last step because it wouldnt have opened up the game if i didnt crack it. Blargh...
Well Admin just replied to me. So lets pray this works out. =^^=
And thanks for the warm welcome.
Ill try to remember my original password.

Suspended In Dusk
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 1378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 00:56

@Suspended In Dusk wrote:You werent being offensive. I was kidding.
And thanks for the compliment.

I know i definitely did the last step because it wouldnt have opened up the game if i didnt crack it. Blargh...
Well Admin just replied to me. So lets pray this works out. =^^=
And thanks for the warm welcome.
Ill try to remember my original password.


Theoretically, it is possible to run a game/application with an outdated .exe crack, but in most cases you won't "get too far", of course. Wink  That said, I'm sorry to hear about your persistent issue, but again: there aren't really any other explanations left for this phenomenon. I assume you are also using at least one of the following expansions ?

Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations

You need to have at least one of these installed too, along with the base game, in order for the Ultimate fix to work. Also, make sure to completely turn off any anti-virus/anti-malware software, since they can delete crack files, too. (Suspect )

If you still can't get it done, you may install TeamViewer, if you want, and let one of us check your installation:

http://www.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe


That's it for now ! Smile  




P.S. have you also tried running the game from the TS3W.exe file, in your base game location ? 

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Suspended In Dusk on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 06:58

Update: you can close this thread. I was able to come up with a solution to my issue by getting access to the 1.50 version of the Ultimate fix since my game was updated to that version. I was unable to use to newer one without crashing my game.
I hope this helps someone.

Suspended In Dusk
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 9
Points : 1378
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 08:47

@Suspended In Dusk wrote:Update: you can close this thread. I was able to come up with a solution to my issue by getting access to the 1.50 version of the Ultimate fix since my game was updated to that version. I was unable to use to newer one without crashing my game.
I hope this helps someone.

OK, as you wish.  Surprised If you ever want to open another topic about crashing issues, feel free to do so, here:


http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/f11-the-sims-3-in-game-problems


Until then: have fun ! Smile  The topic is closed now.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19689
Reputation : 2094
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Incomplete Menu Screen and Ultimate Fix issue. [SOLVED]

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum