[Sims 3: Into the future] Nuts 'n Bolts shop inventory empty when using the Buy interaction

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Sims 3: Into the future] Nuts 'n Bolts shop inventory empty when using the Buy interaction

Post by ZeeSteen on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 02:13

Problem description below

Installed content: Everything
Problem: When I "browse" the shop I can see it has crystals, nanites, etc. (in a dialogue window) BUT when I click buy on the shopkeer (or the desk itself) it has 0 items to stell.
Tried Solutions:
- Turned off every single package I have
- Used Nraas to change the shopkeeper
- Used Nraas to reset the entire town through the cithy hall menu
- Reset the shop
- Went back to the past and into the future

Please help :C I want to make lots of trait chips ^^ 

Kind regards,
ZeeSteen

ZeeSteen
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 1300
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Sims 3: Into the future] Nuts 'n Bolts shop inventory empty when using the Buy interaction

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 04:56

ZeeSteen wrote:Problem description below

Installed content: Everything
Problem: When I "browse" the shop I can see it has crystals, nanites, etc. (in a dialogue window) BUT when I click buy on the shopkeer (or the desk itself) it has 0 items to stell.
Tried Solutions:
- Turned off every single package I have
- Used Nraas to change the shopkeeper
- Used Nraas to reset the entire town through the cithy hall menu
- Reset the shop
- Went back to the past and into the future

Please help :C I want to make lots of trait chips ^^ 

Kind regards,
ZeeSteen

Hello,


The only explanation I can offer for this is that you probably have the "store fixes" installed. If you do have that, then please remove ALL of the store fix filer again. Afterwards, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the scriptCache.package file.


Re-start the game and see if you can buy stuff now. Good luck, but that's all I can suggest ! 

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14427
Points : 19148
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Sims 3: Into the future] Nuts 'n Bolts shop inventory empty when using the Buy interaction

Post by ZeeSteen on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 05:00

Carlos wrote:
ZeeSteen wrote:Problem description below

Installed content: Everything
Problem: When I "browse" the shop I can see it has crystals, nanites, etc. (in a dialogue window) BUT when I click buy on the shopkeer (or the desk itself) it has 0 items to stell.
Tried Solutions:
- Turned off every single package I have
- Used Nraas to change the shopkeeper
- Used Nraas to reset the entire town through the cithy hall menu
- Reset the shop
- Went back to the past and into the future

Please help :C I want to make lots of trait chips ^^ 

Kind regards,
ZeeSteen

Hello,


The only explanation I can offer for this is that you probably have the "store fixes" installed. If you do have that, then please remove ALL of the store fix filer again. Afterwards, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the scriptCache.package file.


Re-start the game and see if you can buy stuff now. Good luck, but that's all I can suggest ! 
Store fix files? Could you elabtorate on that? 
And will deleting these files, which I assume are in the sims 3 folder in my documents as well, have any negative impact on the game? Should I remove them in the form of a backup and restore them later?

ZeeSteen
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 2
Points : 1300
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2014-03-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Sims 3: Into the future] Nuts 'n Bolts shop inventory empty when using the Buy interaction

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 02 Apr 2014, 03:15


Store fix files? Could you elabtorate on that? 
And will deleting these files, which I assume are in the sims 3 folder in my documents as well, have any negative impact on the game? Should I remove them in the form of a backup and restore them later?

Please do not bump on here - I am here whenever I possibly can. Smile  There is no point in bumping as I will just delete those posts, immediately and with no advance warning.


From your reaction I assume you do not know what store fixes are; and you would probably remember if you installed them, but here:


http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/storefixes.html



These store fixes function very similarly as mods, and are installed in (almost) the same way as mods too. These files can help correct errors with some of the "premium" store items. As for your issue, I'm not sure now...try going to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder "The Sims 3" into anything you like - just change the folder's name.


Re-start the game, make a new savegame (for now) and play on. See if you still encounter that issue. Good luck again !

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14427
Points : 19148
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Sims 3: Into the future] Nuts 'n Bolts shop inventory empty when using the Buy interaction

Post by invalidusername on Thu 03 Apr 2014, 00:15

If none of that works, you may want to try going into Edit Town mode while in the future and removing and replacing the shop. Or you could try placing it in "the present" and see if it would work then.
avatar
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043
Points : 4561
Reputation : 219
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Sims 3: Into the future] Nuts 'n Bolts shop inventory empty when using the Buy interaction

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 03 Apr 2014, 03:47

invalidusername wrote:If none of that works, you may want to try going into Edit Town mode while in the future and removing and replacing the shop. Or you could try placing it in "the present" and see if it would work then.

Hello,


I think I tried myself placing that lot in the present, and...if I remember correctly, I wasn't able to buy anything there. I'm not sure anymore though if the buy list was "empty" in the sense of the OP's issue.


So I assumed that lot was/is meant to work with the future only. Very Happy geek  

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14427
Points : 19148
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Sims 3: Into the future] Nuts 'n Bolts shop inventory empty when using the Buy interaction

Post by invalidusername on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 06:21

Carlos wrote:
invalidusername wrote:If none of that works, you may want to try going into Edit Town mode while in the future and removing and replacing the shop. Or you could try placing it in "the present" and see if it would work then.

Hello,


I think I tried myself placing that lot in the present, and...if I remember correctly, I wasn't able to buy anything there. I'm not sure anymore though if the buy list was "empty" in the sense of the OP's issue.


So I assumed that lot was/is meant to work with the future only. Very Happy geek  
Hmmm. I'm not sure. I had my sims make a few simbots, but I don't remember where I got all the nanites and such for the trait chips. I know I didn't send them to the future while making them though, so I know there's another way. Razz You can also use lifetime reward points to buy the trait chip bundle though, if nothing else.
avatar
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043
Points : 4561
Reputation : 219
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Sims 3: Into the future] Nuts 'n Bolts shop inventory empty when using the Buy interaction

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 09:09

invalidusername wrote:Hmmm. I'm not sure. I had my sims make a few simbots, but I don't remember where I got all the nanites and such for the trait chips. I know I didn't send them to the future while making them though, so I know there's another way. Razz You can also use lifetime reward points to buy the trait chip bundle though, if nothing else.

OK, thanks for the tip ! Smile I seemingly can't buy trait chips from the Bot Emporium in the present, because there is no salesclerk. And when I hover with the mouse over the counter, it says "shop closed"..  Surprised  


I'll try creating the nanites and trait chips on my own ! geek 

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14427
Points : 19148
Reputation : 2036
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum