System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3
Male Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: In-game talk radio station

Post by invalidusername on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:42

Well how I get this effect, because yes, it's a fantastic idea, is I have podcasts downloaded, and I just put the mp3 files of them into the custom music folder. Then I can listen to those while I play, and it's almost like having a talk show. Especially with ones like "Welcome to Night Vale," where it's mimicking a live radio show.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by telo90 on Sun 06 Apr 2014, 19:01

Yes that is exactly what I did.
it is weird that the Sims developers never thought of such idea, it is so much fun and its as u said already exist in other games such as "The movies Game"

telo90
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The sims 3
Male Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 07 Apr 2014, 04:17

@telo90 wrote:Yes that is exactly what I did.
it is weird that the Sims developers never thought of such idea, it is so much fun and its as u said already exist in other games such as "The movies Game"

The reason the developers didn't do something like that was because of the (fictional) in-game language "Simlish".

Now if you have in-game radio broadcasts in your native language, be it English, Spanish, Russian, Arabic or whatever, then it wouldn't be a bad idea to have all other in-game spoken interactions in that respective language too, right ? Unless EA adds a radio option like "foreign language channel" or something. That YouTube video, in this sense, looks a bit ridiculous to me, because the song is in Simlish and the broadcast in English, but of course that's a matter of taste. 

It's probably cheaper to have everything in Simlish, rather than translate every bit of spoken interaction, into different languages. Yes, it is done in many other games, but usually these "other games" are somewhat smaller in size and complexity as The Sims 3. In TS3, you'd have to translate lots of spoken bits, if we consider all expansions/stuffpacks. 

As a personal note, I actually find the whole idea of a "universal in-game language" nicer, than many different language versions.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum