Store Content lag

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store Content lag

Post by AHewlett on Fri 04 Apr 2014, 16:34

Hi everyone

I installed all the store content that was available and I used the store content, however, I'm finding the Sims game lags quite a bit in game and on the loading screen (which is to be expected.)

I use custom content that only comes with lots.

Also, my PC can run Crysis 3 on high settings and it's recently been custom built.

I don't know what else to do. I delete the cache files and I've done everything that's been suggested on every webpage I've searched.

Help! It's driving me potty!

Thanks
Anne-Marie.

AHewlett
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Dragon Age series, Skyrim, Fallout series, GTA V
Female Posts : 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Store Content lag

Post by invalidusername on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 00:39

The Sims is not really comparable to any other games that are on the market right now. My laptop can run Skyrim (and many other large games) perfectly fine with everything set to high, but my Sims settings are on the lower end of most everything, and I still get occasional hiccups and lag. Try renaming "Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3" to something else, and run the game as a test. Doing this will revert the game so it's as though it was just freshly installed, no cc or other changes to the folder. Just start a new game and play for a while, see if you get any lag. If not, it's likely caused by your cc. If you do, then here's a topic that covers some possible fixes for general lag. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 01:51

AHewlett wrote:Hi everyone

I installed all the store content that was available and I used the store content, however, I'm finding the Sims game lags quite a bit in game and on the loading screen (which is to be expected.)

I use custom content that only comes with lots.

Also, my PC can run Crysis 3 on high settings and it's recently been custom built.

I don't know what else to do. I delete the cache files and I've done everything that's been suggested on every webpage I've searched.

Help! It's driving me potty!

Thanks
Anne-Marie.

Hello,

I don't have too much to add actually. But have you tried defragmenting your hard-drive already ? Also, is your Windows a 32-bit or 64-bit version ? If it was a 32-bit version, then the strongest hardware in the world (in particular the RAM) is useless, as you won't be able to use the full potential of your computer.

I've seen people who could run Call of Duty: Ghosts on MAX. settings, but couldn't get The Sims 3 running...and in my experience this is often due to people not being aware of some necessary "tweaks" like increasing the available RAM, modifying the game .exe files to exclude them from the DEP (Data Execution prevention), and turning off unnecessary graphics settings, among some others.

I'll get back to you in detail about those tweaks, if necessary (or another Helper will). But for now, you might also have a look at this topic here, for very general tips on how to cope with lag:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes 

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AHewlett on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 11:19

Thanks for replying!

I have run it without the store content, only the custom lots and there has been some lag. Not as bad as when the store content is installed. 

I have a 64-bit version and I have done the defrag as well as doing the CCleaner. I did find a mod called Overwatch, I think, that I'm using and I believe it sorts out Sims that have stopped moving and clears vehicles, turns off stereos, etc. I also have found something that skips the intro scene but I don't know if that would cause lag. I followed instructions from this site - http://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/wx0uy/a_musthave_fix_for_lag_in_the_sims_3/

But I'll follow the instructions on the link you provided and see what happens!

AHewlett
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 06 Apr 2014, 04:48

AHewlett wrote:Thanks for replying!

I have run it without the store content, only the custom lots and there has been some lag. Not as bad as when the store content is installed. 

I have a 64-bit version and I have done the defrag as well as doing the CCleaner. I did find a mod called Overwatch, I think, that I'm using and I believe it sorts out Sims that have stopped moving and clears vehicles, turns off stereos, etc. I also have found something that skips the intro scene but I don't know if that would cause lag. I followed instructions from this site - http://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/wx0uy/a_musthave_fix_for_lag_in_the_sims_3/

But I'll follow the instructions on the link you provided and see what happens!

Now, have a look at this other topic here and focus on steps #2 and #3 in particular: 

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Do the DEP (step #2) first. Then, if your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved.

That's it for now - good luck ! Smile  

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AHewlett on Sun 06 Apr 2014, 15:03

Just to clarify, do I still crack the game after doing the 4GB patch?

AHewlett
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 06 Apr 2014, 15:53

AHewlett wrote:Just to clarify, do I still crack the game after doing the 4GB patch?

No, you shouldn't do that, as it would mean you have to re-do the 4 GB patch again. So apply the latest manual patch first, then do the Ultimate fix, and THEN apply the 4 GB patch on the (cracked) TS3W.exe in the base game location.

If you re-crack the game then (for whatever reason ?) it would mean that you basically have a new .exe file there (in the base game location). This in turn would mean you'd have to re-patch that .exe file with the 4 GB patch.

After applying the 4 GB patch you're ready to go. Smile  

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AHewlett on Sun 06 Apr 2014, 17:17

So far, so good! A little lag here and there but it's not as bad as it was before so it seems to have worked! Thanks everyone!

AHewlett
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 06:22

AHewlett wrote:So far, so good! A little lag here and there but it's not as bad as it was before so it seems to have worked! Thanks everyone!

You are welcome ! Smile  If you have any other questions, feel free to update this topic; I'll leave this open for now.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum