How can I run sims 3 installed on windows 7 in windows 8.1? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How can I run sims 3 installed on windows 7 in windows 8.1? [SOLVED]

Post by simplayer2123 on Mon 07 Apr 2014, 19:16

I dual booted windows 8.1 and windows 7 cause  windows 8.1 gives more fps to me Smile.I cant run sims 3 do i have to reinstall whole game?? :newfag:  Help  Noob

simplayer2123
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Battlefield 3 Sims 3 Team fortess 2 Payday 2 Naruto GTA 5 on console
Male Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How can I run sims 3 installed on windows 7 in windows 8.1? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 07 Apr 2014, 22:09

@simplayer2123 wrote:I dual booted windows 8.1 and windows 7 cause  windows 8.1 gives more fps to me Smile.I cant run sims 3 do i have to reinstall whole game?? :newfag:  Help  Noob

Hello,

What you have are basically TWO (separate) operating systems. So yes, you have to re-install the game on the other OS too. However, you can just copy your "user data" from one OS onto e.g. a USB flashdrive or an external hard-drive. And then of course paste that onto the other Windows.

Your "user data" is basically the folder called The Sims 3, located in My Documents/Electronic Arts. This folder basically contains all your savefiles, and any mods/custom content too. You can easily transfer that whole folder onto other computers and other operating systems too, BUT you need to have the exact same expansions installed on your other system, otherwise you may get problems.

So just create a custom "Electronic Arts" folder on the other Windows (of course in the "My Documents" location). And then paste the folder "The Sims 3" in there.

Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by simplayer2123 on Tue 08 Apr 2014, 02:19

Thx for help Smile

Mod edit: I think I've said everything, so I'll close the topic. If you want the topic to be re-opened, just PM me.

- Carlos

simplayer2123
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Battlefield 3 Sims 3 Team fortess 2 Payday 2 Naruto GTA 5 on console
Male Posts : 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum