There was an error during startup.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There was an error during startup.

Post by KDMVP on Thu 10 Apr 2014, 21:32

Before people start giving me flak and tell me to read the other topics and watch the video, I'm going to tell you all THESE THINGS ARE NOT MY PROBLEM.

I've gone through regedit and cleared out my EA registries, I've reinstalled Origin and the Sims 3 games, I've tried to use my disc copies of Sims 3 instead of the one I have on Origin. The only things I haven't tried are completely torrented Sims 3 (I have Sims 3 and the first 3 expansions, no stuff packs). Registry Helper no longer have valid links, and I can't start the game from the file because of a server initialization error. I used the AIO edition before and it worked fine, except for a glitch where my kids wouldn't come back from boarding school, they just have empty green portraits (it'd be nice if you guys had a fix for that too), so I uninstalled in and tried to install it one EP/SP at a time. Thing is, it works find up until my first torrented game, which is Late Night. After that one, they don't work at all.

I've tried using the EADM and the .exe file to install the 1.67.2 patch, but once I install the patch, everything gets the there was an error during startup message. I can play the Sims 3 ONLY (just the base game) without problems as long as I don't update or install an EPs, but I'd rather not play it at all if I can't enjoy all the files I spent hours downloading.

I just can't stand it anymore, this used to work perfectly (last time I played before I installed AIO was around the release of Showtime and it worked fine on my old laptop, now I have a pretty good upgraded gaming PC).

KDMVP
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Fallout, The Sims, Goat Simulator, Madden, MLB (The Show), 2K Basketball, Tomb Raider.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: There was an error during startup.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 12 Apr 2014, 06:15

KDMVP wrote:Before people start giving me flak and tell me to read the other topics and watch the video, I'm going to tell you all THESE THINGS ARE NOT MY PROBLEM.

I've gone through regedit and cleared out my EA registries, I've reinstalled Origin and the Sims 3 games, I've tried to use my disc copies of Sims 3 instead of the one I have on Origin. The only things I haven't tried are completely torrented Sims 3 (I have Sims 3 and the first 3 expansions, no stuff packs). Registry Helper no longer have valid links, and I can't start the game from the file because of a server initialization error. I used the AIO edition before and it worked fine, except for a glitch where my kids wouldn't come back from boarding school, they just have empty green portraits (it'd be nice if you guys had a fix for that too), so I uninstalled in and tried to install it one EP/SP at a time. Thing is, it works find up until my first torrented game, which is Late Night. After that one, they don't work at all.

I've tried using the EADM and the .exe file to install the 1.67.2 patch, but once I install the patch, everything gets the there was an error during startup message. I can play the Sims 3 ONLY (just the base game) without problems as long as I don't update or install an EPs, but I'd rather not play it at all if I can't enjoy all the files I spent hours downloading.

I just can't stand it anymore, this used to work perfectly (last time I played before I installed AIO was around the release of Showtime and it worked fine on my old laptop, now I have a pretty good upgraded gaming PC).

Hello,

So are you using now the Sims 3 game from Origin ? Besides mentioning the video, I would actually have also pointed out this (very important) guide here. Wink  Have you read that guide ?

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

1) After installing the base game, it's recommended to patch to the latest version with the "manual patch" (step #2).

2) In order to use the "Ultimate fix" (crack) from Games4TheWorld, you need to have at least one of the expansions/stuffpacks in step #1:

Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island Paradise, University Life, 70s, 80s, & 90s Stuff, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel Stuff, Katy Perry Sweet Treats,
Showtime, Master Suite Stuff, Pets, Town Life Stuff, Generations

3) After you then installed (at least) one of these, re-apply the manual patch. If you get a message saying "the game is updated already", ignore it, and re-patch nevertheless.

4) Now download (step #3) and apply (step #4) the Ultimate fix. Please do these steps as precisely as possible. After that, your game should work.

As a sidenote: in Windows OS at least, you should never un-install anything from your computer, unless you really want to get rid of it or if you are absolutely sure that a re-install can solve your issue(s). Just blindly un-installing and re-installing multiple times will rarely help, and besides, if not done correctly, it can make matters worse (for instance, you should re-boot the computer after un-installing and cleaning the registry).

Good luck though !

//EDIT

Note that if you installed a base game purchased from Origin, you need to apply step #4 from the guide to the following location: C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. And of course, you need to replace all existing files, with the new ones (= when pasting the two files from the Ultimate fix #crack to said location, choose "copy and replace" for all files, when prompted).

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum