Map view glitch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Map view glitch

Post by ICupcakeSims3 on Sat 12 Apr 2014, 00:51

Hi! I have my Sims 3 game and its giving me some problems so i will try and explain the problem to make it clear,i will also include pictures.

------

For a few weeks now (As i could remember) i am having an issue where i am having the blue lots issue which a few people have sometimes when i did my research and i found that it could sometimes be caused by the following reason "This issue is caused by faulty custom content."

I got Custard and Dashboard and scanned all of my Sims Mods and Sims3pack files i found one or two corrupted ones and i removed them completely but the issue did not solve .. so i removed all of my games and reinstalled them back i decided to a few things like

- Trying the game without NO CC or Store Content
- With the Default Settings

but it still seemed to not solve the issue.
I never had this problem in the past - but anyway here is the TWIST the twist is that basically when the blue lots show up they stay like that for 5-10 seconds and they go back normal in Map View .. For Ex. i am using lucky palms whenever i go to map view i seem to see the blue lots and then 5-10 seconds later it shows normal when i move over to the other side and go back to the previous side the blue lots come BACK and they stay for 5-10 seconds and go back to normal.

It is very irritating to go through this all the time - i don't if someone could help me or anything cause i would really really like the help.  Help  so if you can help me it would be irritating.

(FACTS ABOUT ISSUE)

• My game has never given me this problem
  • I have the latest version
  • I have all the games cracked (Well my current games are cracked and i do not have World Adventures)
  • It happens in all worlds
  • Sometimes w/ blue lots i get sunken lots but they do the same 5-10 second thing
  • I do have mods from MTS (Including stuff like Pose and Poseplayer)

(WHEN GOING TO MAP VIEW)

(5-10 SECONDS LATER)

ICupcakeSims3
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Map view glitch

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:41

Hello,

I'd actually say this is related to your graphics card and/or your graphics drivers. Are the drivers up-to-date ? And have you tried lowering some graphics settings in the in-game options menu already ? For a start, try lowering the resolution, edge smoothing and lot detail.

If that doesn't help, then I'm unsure; you may see this as an annoyance, for which there is no " real" solution. But maybe someone else has a second opinion on that.

P.S. sorry for the late reply :/

P.P.S. yes, these things, if really related to your graphics card, can really happen "all of a sudden". Especially if you happen to have a so-called "Integrated graphics card", which is basically a "graphics chip" integrated into your motherboard. 

And these integrated cards are highly unsuitable for gaming, due to them being very underpowered.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ICupcakeSims3 on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 02:57

Well i have this program Advanced System Care 7 and it told me there not up-to-date and that i was suppose to update my drivers? .. I don't what to do and i am afraid something might happen if i do anything so if you could tell me them what will properly happen if i do and properly i could update  it and try and solve this problem  Sad i mean its not a problem for me when the blue lots cause now they seem to ease up a bit .. but i would love to solve this problem before it might get worse .

ICupcakeSims3
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 20:12

@ICupcakeSims3 wrote:Well i have this program Advanced System Care 7 and it told me there not up-to-date and that i was suppose to update my drivers? .. I don't what to do and i am afraid something might happen if i do anything so if you could tell me them what will properly happen if i do and properly i could update  it and try and solve this problem  Sad i mean its not a problem for me when the blue lots cause now they seem to ease up a bit .. but i would love to solve this problem before it might get worse .

Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard. In the search mask, type in dxdiag and press the enter key. Now, wait a while until the dxdiag-windows comes up, and look under the "Display"-tab. There, you'll find some information about your graphics card. Can you give me the information on there, or make a screenshot of it ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ICupcakeSims3 on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 15:53

ICupcakeSims3
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 19:13

This is not the "display"-tab. Wink  What you showed me was the "system"-tab (please look very closely at the picture, at the things that look like these cards in e.g. a library, with letters on them). 

The "display"-tab is one "step" to the right, next to the system-tab.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum