the sims 3 "no disk" in to the future

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the sims 3 "no disk" in to the future

Post by isabeluss on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 13:23

Okay so i've followed your guide on how to install the sims 3 + expansions on a mac. I have these expansions: seasons, into the future, movie stuff, pets, supernatural, university life and island paradise. So i've made all these expansions into the mac version "dmg.file" thing, and i had to do a manual update. After i was done downloading all the expansions i downloaded the ultimate fix, and put the crack "all expansion packs released after and including Generations" into the sims bin folder. And now it says i need the into the future disc, i don't know what i've done wrong… Going to this lan party tomorrow, so i really want to have sims 3 ready to play! Surprised 
Help

//EDIT

okay so i tried to take the crack files from the sims 3 into the future folder i downloaded, instead from the fix crack folder. I could start the game, but there was several bugs, i couldn't start a family or anything. I got a message saying 
"It looks like you have installed an unofficial game modification that does not match your current version of The Sims 3.  We recommend that you either uninstall these game modifications or get updated versions of them – otherwise you may experience crashes or significant bugs.
 Do you want to quit?"

Mod edit: please use the "edit"-button in the top right corner of your post (after the message is posted) - if you wish to add anything to your original message. Posting multiple times in a row is considered like spamming on here.

- Carlos

isabeluss
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the sims 3 "no disk" in to the future

Post by Dieneryn on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:11

Hello,

Please show me a screenshot of your game launcher.

Thank you!
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by isabeluss on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 10:41

isabeluss
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by intropella on Wed 23 Apr 2014, 19:47

Use the crack in the #Crack folder when you downloaded the Ultimate Fix. That should fix your problem.

| T h a n k   y o u   f o r   b r e a t h i n g | please do not steal my sig & avatar.
intropella
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Female Posts : 148

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by isabeluss on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 21:24

wooow, thank you! it was that easy, now it works!!Very Happy anyways, i was making a sim, and when i clicked the button to make a pet, sims just exited unexpectedly. any ideas why this happened? I spent so much time on that sim  Sad  Sad

isabeluss
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Sun 04 May 2014, 04:30

Hello,

Are you still having that issue? The crashing problems can be caused by memory issues, or unclean installation, as well as CCs/Mods.

Please try removing and CCs/mods and try your game again. Crashes are frequent when CCs/mods are incompatible.

If you have none of those, you can try this following method:
1) Navigate to Documents> Electronic Arts> The Sims 3 > Saves
2) Back up those files in a new folder some where.
3) Delete the "Electronic Arts" folder in your "Documents".
4) Run your game again. This creates a new Electronic Arts folder.
5) Replace your saves in the right folder.

This method helps to basically "reset" the game and clean up any bad files that may be causing the crashes.

I hope that helps!
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum