Island Paradiso Help. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradiso Help. [SOLVED]

Post by tahooba on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 15:56

Before i patched my sims to Island Paradiso my game was running fine but after patching the game suddenly got bugged...now i wanna ask how to back up my save file, game data, mods, and the other Sims i installed before Island Paradiso...

Help
tahooba
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3 (series) *especially if it has no bugs? troll"
Male Posts : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Island Paradiso Help. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 14 Apr 2014, 17:52

@tahooba wrote:Before i patched my sims to Island Paradiso my game was running fine but after patching the game suddenly got bugged...now i wanna ask how to back up my save file, game data, mods, and the other Sims i installed before Island Paradiso...

Help

Hello,

Very generally, the stuff you're looking for is located in the folder The Sims 3, which in turn, is in My Documents/Electronic Arts. You can/should back up the whole "The Sims 3"-folder somewhere. Depending on how many .sims3packs, .packages, etc. you have installed though, that folder might be big in size (mine has 11 GB).

But what exactly is your other issue ? Maybe un-installing is not necessary (yet). 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tahooba on Tue 15 Apr 2014, 10:33

Well actually i posted a thread here months ago and i dont want to bump that old thread...

okay here is the issue im getting, i have sims installed with the following expansions

*ambition
*Pets
*Seasons
*World Adventures
*Generations

I've been playing sims 3 with all these expansions FINE. I even manage to buy the Potion that will make your Sims Immortal. except if you give them some cake Very Happy
so yea my sims are immortal but the towns people are not.
a few weeks later Island Paradise came out and I installed it.
I was so excited....But then this terrible BUG happened
i always follow the instructions PERFECTLY when installing Expansions but idk why Island Paradiso bugged. (I wont forget everything in this thread Great Tutorial)
The bug is...

The Sims which I used the Immortality Potion on is Aging. In their profile the Potion is still ACTIVE. i Tried TURNING OFF the AGING at OPTIONs but it doesnt work. one of them actually died so yea until now I cant play my sims cause i dont want them to die.
tahooba
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:54

@tahooba wrote:Well actually i posted a thread here months ago and i dont want to bump that old thread...

okay here is the issue im getting, i have sims installed with the following expansions

*ambition
*Pets
*Seasons
*World Adventures
*Generations

I've been playing sims 3 with all these expansions FINE. I even manage to buy the Potion that will make your Sims Immortal. except if you give them some cake Very Happy
so yea my sims are immortal but the towns people are not.
a few weeks later Island Paradise came out and I installed it.
I was so excited....But then this terrible BUG happened
i always follow the instructions PERFECTLY when installing Expansions but idk why Island Paradiso bugged. (I wont forget everything in this thread Great Tutorial)
The bug is...

The Sims which I used the Immortality Potion on is Aging. In their profile the Potion is still ACTIVE. i Tried TURNING OFF the AGING at OPTIONs but it doesnt work. one of them actually died so yea until now I cant play my sims cause i dont want them to die.

Next time, please stick to your old topic(s). Wink  

Have you actually tried a FRESH savegame, with NEW sims too ? Does the aging happen there too ? This could be related to your potion that you used; this whole thing seems to be glitchy too, possibly.

If you really don't want your sims to age up, just turn off aging, for the future, but let's see.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tahooba on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 13:28

I havent tried making a new family because I spent alot of time and effort in my current. Turning off aging would really help but that would make the towns people immortal too. I want to see different people in my town you know XD (btw if aging is enabled would that make the game save more longer? What is the advantage of turning off the aging option XD) 

i already tried moving the saved backup file before i patched to island paradiso.
Nothing happens. damn Island Paradise sucks. XD

Is there a way to remove the Potion Status from my Sim? maybe that would totally fix this if that is possible XD

P.S.
Damn the game is really messed up. The sims are walking with custom Clothes, but when i click them their avatars are so UGLY my sims are Anime like but what the eff happened XD
tahooba
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 14:09

@tahooba wrote:I havent tried making a new family because I spent alot of time and effort in my current. Turning off aging would really help but that would make the towns people immortal too. I want to see different people in my town you know XD (btw if aging is enabled would that make the game save more longer? What is the advantage of turning off the aging option XD) 

i already tried moving the saved backup file before i patched to island paradiso.
Nothing happens. damn Island Paradise sucks. XD

Is there a way to remove the Potion Status from my Sim? maybe that would totally fix this if that is possible XD

P.S.
Damn the game is really messed up. The sims are walking with custom Clothes, but when i click them their avatars are so UGLY my sims are Anime like but what the eff happened XD

You should just try a new savegame with new sims as a TEST, just to see if the same glitch happens there too. You don't have to delete your old save of course. Wink  

I'm not sure about the potion status, but I'll look into that, the next time I get to it.

P.S. I don't think that the Island paradise-expansion has anything to do with it.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tahooba on Wed 16 Apr 2014, 14:13

DAMN CARLOS I FOUND THE SOLUTION!! Very Happy

hahahaha thank you for replying to my thread my Sim-Fixing Instinct was activated Very Happy

I hope people will be able to use this as reference Very Happy
I solved it because of this:

Enter >>>  testingcheatsenabled true,then hold down shift and click on the sim, this should bring up the Edit in Cas option. Using this go into CAS and change all the traits of the sim you want to remove the rewards from (any random traits)....then once changed save and go back into game mode...the rewards will all be removed from that sim. Then simply go back into Edit in Cas and give your sim its original traits back, and you can start over giving the rewards you want

Finally after 6 months i can play Sims 3 again, now imma install *Into the Future* Very Happy
You can consider this as Solved Carlos Very Happy

Mod edit: thanks for sharing that fix ! I'll close the topic now. 

- Carlos
tahooba
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down