the sims 3 launcher doesn't work. :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the sims 3 launcher doesn't work. :(

Post by iwanam on Sat 19 Apr 2014, 13:51

Help hello so i have this problem: everytime i open the sims 3 launcher it stops working after like 1 minute. the game works perfectly but the launcher doesn't, wich means i cannot uninstall some content. please help  :newfag:  Wink

iwanam
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the sims 3 launcher doesn't work. :(

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 19 Apr 2014, 19:33

@iwanam wrote:Help hello so i have this problem: everytime i open the sims 3 launcher it stops working after like 1 minute. the game works perfectly but the launcher doesn't, wich means i cannot uninstall some content. please help  :newfag:  Wink

Hello,

Can you right-click on an expansion shortcut (on the desktop) or the Sims3LauncherW.exe in your base game location, and select "Run as Administrator" ?

Your base game location is usually in C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

Also, I have found out that if you have a lot of .sims3packs installed, you shouldn't scroll down that list of installed items (under "installed content"). If you just install items "normally", then there shouldn't be any bigger issues.

Good luck for now ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum