Sims 3 pets crashes while in game plus multiple problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 pets crashes while in game plus multiple problems

Post by Younicoleatsix on Sun 20 Apr 2014, 13:56

As far as I know I have installed the sims base game and pets (windows 8 ) correctly though after playing for a while the game would crash reporting "the sims 3 has stopped working" or "a serious error has occurred". This normally happens while I'm in game.

while viewing the town my screen would appear black apart from the lots which would show up.
Also when I go into entering a create a household my screen would stay like that for infinite amounts of time yet the screen is still moving and the music is still playing

I have been searching for answers for weeks and so far none have worked!!
 I have re installed the game multiple amount of times
I have tried lowering resolution both in game and on my laptop
Tried deleting mods along with other complicated methods I can't explain! 
HELP!!

Younicoleatsix
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 pets crashes while in game plus multiple problems

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 24 Apr 2014, 19:30

@Younicoleatsix wrote:As far as I know I have installed the sims base game and pets (windows 8 ) correctly though after playing for a while the game would crash reporting "the sims 3 has stopped working" or "a serious error has occurred". This normally happens while I'm in game.

while viewing the town my screen would appear black apart from the lots which would show up.
Also when I go into entering a create a household my screen would stay like that for infinite amounts of time yet the screen is still moving and the music is still playing

I have been searching for answers for weeks and so far none have worked!!
 I have re installed the game multiple amount of times
I have tried lowering resolution both in game and on my laptop
Tried deleting mods along with other complicated methods I can't explain! 
HELP!!

Hello,

Just to make sure: have another look at this here and (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Now, have a look at this other topic here and do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3. Also, try lowering some graphics settings in the options menu, like resolution, edge smoothing and lot detail - plus, MARK the box "enable object hiding".

Good luck !

P.S. are your graphics card drivers up-to-date ? And do you know to to update them ? 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum