Super patch and update patch from the launcher? launcher

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super patch and update patch from the launcher? launcher

Post by kittypurry220 on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 02:56

Hello everyone:D I am a newbie here and I am very grateful that I found your site:D OK so last month,I bought the sims 3 base game and the Island paradise Ep from a game store.And I decided to download seasons here because the prices at the store are so expensive and it's easier to download.After downloading and installing seasons,I played right away and it worked really fine.But the when I played yesterday,there's an open file security warning (the one that asks permission) and I clicked run and after a few minutes it says "the sims 3 launcher has stopped working).I uninstalled seasons and IP ,but it still stops working.I can't even uninstall all my cc because of that stop working thingy:((.I wonder if it's the cc that is causing problems?Please help me .Thanks:)

//EDIT

Hello:). After installing university life,I opened the launcher and there goes the open file security warning again and it always stops working ((((.I uninstalled and reinstalled it,but now the "setup file disk "appeared(maybe it's asking me for a disk???hmmm).Anyone who have experienced this??please help meee

//EDIT

I wonder what is the difference between them?

kittypurry220
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Super patch and update patch from the launcher? launcher

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 22 Apr 2014, 16:56

@kittypurry220 wrote:Hello everyone:D I am a newbie here and I am very grateful that I found your site:D OK so last month,I bought the sims 3 base game and the Island paradise Ep from a game store.And I decided to download seasons here because the prices at the store are so expensive and it's easier to download.After downloading and installing seasons,I played right away and it worked really fine.But the when I played yesterday,there's an open file security warning (the one that asks permission) and I clicked run and after a few minutes it says "the sims 3 launcher has stopped working).I uninstalled seasons and IP ,but it still stops working.I can't even uninstall all my cc because of that stop working thingy:((.I wonder if it's the cc that is causing problems?Please help me .Thanks:)

//EDIT

Hello:). After installing university life,I opened the launcher and there goes the open file security warning again and it always stops working ((((.I uninstalled and reinstalled it,but now the "setup file disk "appeared(maybe it's asking me for a disk???hmmm).Anyone who have experienced this??please help meee

//EDIT

I wonder what is the difference between them?

//MOVED

Hello,

Just to make sure: have another look at this here and (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Now, have a look at this other topic here and do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here. After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3.

Good luck !

P.S. the difference between the "manual patch" and the launcher update is that if you have cracked game files and you update with the launcher, then the update won't work. You have to replace these files with "normal" game files, which involves more work. I recommend you always use the "manual patch", because you can update with that, without having to do anything.

P.P.S. please don't post again in the "Complaints" section. Wink  Your topic didn't belong there, and so I moved it. Next, do not post mulltiple topics for your issues - keep everything in ONE topic only. 

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum