Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175cbb). [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175cbb). [SOLVED]

Post by loh on Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:13

Hi all,
I have recently installed the Sims 3 expansion pack, the World Adventures. After completing installation of the World Adventures, upon trying to launch the game, I received this popup:

Unable to start game
Service initialization failed (0x0175cbb)

What was the cause of this error? I have surfed the internet to find the problem, but the solutions raised could not apply to my game.

Actions I did:
Install The Sims 3 base game, then updating the patch to 1.26.89, then installing the World Adventures
Checked my Registry, under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Sims folder, there were only the Sims 3 Base Game and World Adventures, no other expansion packs. 

I have not played in either of the games yet, but I could open the Sims 3 Base Game.

Anybody out there help me? I would be extremely thankful for whoever that can help me solve this issue.

Thanks all!

loh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start game - Service initialization failed (0x0175cbb). [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 21:27

@loh wrote:Hi all,
I have recently installed the Sims 3 expansion pack, the World Adventures. After completing installation of the World Adventures, upon trying to launch the game, I received this popup:

Unable to start game
Service initialization failed (0x0175cbb)

What was the cause of this error? I have surfed the internet to find the problem, but the solutions raised could not apply to my game.

Actions I did:
Install The Sims 3 base game, then updating the patch to 1.26.89, then installing the World Adventures
Checked my Registry, under the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, Sims folder, there were only the Sims 3 Base Game and World Adventures, no other expansion packs. 

I have not played in either of the games yet, but I could open the Sims 3 Base Game.

Anybody out there help me? I would be extremely thankful for whoever that can help me solve this issue.

Thanks all!

Hello,

Please try re-doing the steps from #2 to #4 in the following guide:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Follow the steps closely. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by loh on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 12:40

Thank you! It worked! Very Happy
Now my problem left is that Sims 3 Pets doesn't have strays coming to my lot... (I've created another thread) Waited for around 30 sim days and still none, this is getting wierd.

Do you have any idea?

loh
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 13:35

@loh wrote:Thank you! It worked! Very Happy
Now my problem left is that Sims 3 Pets doesn't have strays coming to my lot... (I've created another thread) Waited for around 30 sim days and still none, this is getting wierd.

Do you have any idea?

I'll see to your other issue, when I have more time this week. Wink  For now, I'll close this topic - for the "stray" problem stick to your other topic on here.

The topic is closed.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14082

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum