Sims 3: University - Problems!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3: University - Problems!

Post by SUPERsimsfan01 on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 13:58

Hi there. I am currently having some problems with my Sims 3 University Game.

My Sim has finished his term in the campus and he is getting ready to go home. He gets to the message to tell him to say bye blah blah and to re-enroll when he gets home. I hit the loading screen. I wait for it to load, I get to end of the loading bar (about half an inch left) and suddenly it stops moving. The loading screen game still works though, where you have to find the items in the picture. That works, but the loading bar never moves.

I have also discovered that when I go back into the save after quitting and re-opening, the Student Union thingy ma bob (the place where you have lectures) is now a rabbit hole? I can see inside it, but none of the furniture appears and I can't move my sim. In the panel at the bottom where it shows a picture of your sim and the Moon phase as well as the season, there is no Sim there, and along the side where it shows all people in your household - my sim doesn't appear there. 

Please help!

Many thanks,

Joe

SUPERsimsfan01
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3: University - Problems!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 27 Apr 2014, 22:07

SUPERsimsfan01 wrote:Hi there. I am currently having some problems with my Sims 3 University Game.

My Sim has finished his term in the campus and he is getting ready to go home. He gets to the message to tell him to say bye blah blah and to re-enroll when he gets home. I hit the loading screen. I wait for it to load, I get to end of the loading bar (about half an inch left) and suddenly it stops moving. The loading screen game still works though, where you have to find the items in the picture. That works, but the loading bar never moves.

I have also discovered that when I go back into the save after quitting and re-opening, the Student Union thingy ma bob (the place where you have lectures) is now a rabbit hole? I can see inside it, but none of the furniture appears and I can't move my sim. In the panel at the bottom where it shows a picture of your sim and the Moon phase as well as the season, there is no Sim there, and along the side where it shows all people in your household - my sim doesn't appear there. 

Please help!

Many thanks,

Joe

Hello,

Things like that are - unfortunately - very common, and there is no "direct" way of fixing that. You could of course hope for EA to bring out a new patch, but EA is actually focussing more on The Sims 4 now, so..yes.

For now, can you please try downloading the LATEST versions of the following mods ?

NRAAS_MasterController (base mod)
NRAAS_Traveller
NRAAS_Overwatch
NRAAS_ErrorTrap

You should be able to find these mods pretty easily (type "NRAAS" into google). For installing these mods, refer to the following guide:

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_install_.package_files.pdf

More information will follow once you manged to install these mods. Good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERsimsfan01 on Mon 28 Apr 2014, 17:49

Carlos wrote:
SUPERsimsfan01 wrote:Hi there. I am currently having some problems with my Sims 3 University Game.

Please help!

Many thanks,

Joe

Hello,

Things like that are - unfortunately - very common, and there is no "direct" way of fixing that. You could of course hope for EA to bring out a new patch, but EA is actually focussing more on The Sims 4 now, so..yes.

For now, can you please try downloading the LATEST versions of the following mods ?

NRAAS_MasterController (base mod)
NRAAS_Traveller
NRAAS_Overwatch
NRAAS_ErrorTrap

You should be able to find these mods pretty easily (type "NRAAS" into google). For installing these mods, refer to the following guide:

More information will follow once you manged to install these mods. Good luck for now !
If I download any of those mods, will I be able to retrieve my save at that exact point? Because i looked in the backup files but it's a week behind in sim time so I cba to even bother.

SUPERsimsfan01
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 08 May 2014, 19:09

Sorry for the late reply,

Do you still need assistance with that issue ? Now, that you have installed these mods, get your sim behind a computer and see if you have the following option:

NRAAS -> Master Controller -> Town -> Reset everything. If you have that option, choose it and wait until the reset is finished. Afterwards, choose the option "Save as..." and choose  a new name for that save. Exit to the main menu then and load that "new" save. See if you can travel home then. Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14423

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum