I have an odd freezing problem in game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I have an odd freezing problem in game

Post by exoh_kim on Tue 29 Apr 2014, 19:51

The other day I was getting really frustrated because every time I loaded one of my games, it would play for about 5 seconds and then freeze - but animations keep going like fountains, wings and tiki torch flames. 

I decided to start a new game to see if the same happened, but it didn't. It's just one of my games that is freezing. 

I often go through the FAQs to help my game load and run faster so I delete particular cache files, backup files, etc. I'm wondering if I've accidentally deleted a file for that particular game that's messing it up and if there's any way I can get around this?

Thanks!

exoh_kim
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I have an odd freezing problem in game

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 03 May 2014, 16:04

exoh_kim wrote:The other day I was getting really frustrated because every time I loaded one of my games, it would play for about 5 seconds and then freeze - but animations keep going like fountains, wings and tiki torch flames. 

I decided to start a new game to see if the same happened, but it didn't. It's just one of my games that is freezing. 

I often go through the FAQs to help my game load and run faster so I delete particular cache files, backup files, etc. I'm wondering if I've accidentally deleted a file for that particular game that's messing it up and if there's any way I can get around this?

Thanks!

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

You should never delete anything unless you really know what you are doing or unless someone (a Helper/Mod) on here tells you to do so. Smile

To make sure: have another look at this here and (re-)do the steps from #2 to #4: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Now, even if you say you did that already, have another  look at this other topic here and re-do all steps: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-7-01-2014

If your Windows is a 64-bit version AND if your computer has 4 GB of RAM or more, then focus on step #3 in particular. Download the "4 GB patch" from here.

After downloading, double-click on that 4 GB patch and in the next prompt, choose the TS3W.exe in your base game location. Usually, that's C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Wait for the message "executable successfully patched" and close the 4 GB patch.

Note that this method will not work if your Windows is a 32-bit version and/or if your computer has fewer  than 4 GB of RAM. After doing that, go on with the rest of the steps. These instructions should be pretty self-explanatory.

Now go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete all contents inside the Currentgame.sims3 folder. Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Re-start the game then and see if anything improved. You may even turn off your anti-virus program completely before playing The Sims 3.

Good luck !

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum