Problem with installation of expansions of The Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with installation of expansions of The Sims 3

Post by Celotom on Sun 04 May 2014, 23:24

Hello! Sorry for my bad english, I'm brazilian Razz. I'm having a problem with the installation of The Sims 3 Expasions that I download at here, Games4theworld, and I did everything that I needed to do (as seen in the guides that the site offers), like trying to create the .dmg file and other things. The problem is, every time I try to open the installer, It just closes, quickly, and nothing happens. Can you guys help me? Thank you, very much Smile .

Celotom
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Same problem here

Post by Eppsticy51 on Sun 04 May 2014, 23:49

I am having exactly the same problem.
Using the Sims 3 Mac Installation Guide provided by this website, I successfully installed the base game, and created .dmg files for each expansion.  
I used the base game and expansion packs recommended by the Mac guide.
I have followed the steps in the guide exactly up to "Part 3: Installing Expansion Packs", which is where the problem started.

After mounting the .dmg file, I attempt to open the installer within it, but it seems like nothing happens.  I have tried double clicking it, right click > opening it, nothing works.  After my attempts I wait a bit before 'ejecting' the .dmg, and when I do there is no warning saying that it's in use, proving that it isn't just very slow opening the installer.

I first emailed explaining my problem, and they quickly responded. They said they have no mac experience, but recommended I go to this forum for help.  So here I am.

Eppsticy51
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem with installation of expansions of The Sims 3

Post by Oatsey1983 on Thu 08 May 2014, 06:56

I'm having the same problem. I have the base game and about 7 expansions (all came in same torrent) now I'm trying to install supernatural and island paradise but nothing happend when i run the installers. I've created the dmg files, mounted them but again nothing when the installer is executed Sad Please help

Oatsey1983
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dieneryn on Fri 09 May 2014, 17:56

Hello Celotom,

Did you use Stuffit Expander to unzip your expansion files? Also, can you show me a screenshot of your launcher? Smile

Eppsticy51 and Oatsey1983, please open your own topic if you require answers. Everyone's problem is different. Thank you for understanding. Smile
Dieneryn
Posting Master
Posting Master

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Harvest Moon Series, Legend of Zelda, Patapon, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom, Pheonix Wright Series, Mario, and several other MMORPGs
Female Posts : 592

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum