returning to game from edit town mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

returning to game from edit town mode

Post by fantasticbaby on Thu 08 May 2014, 17:43

Hi,

So I was editing this house for my sims to move in and after I was done I went and tried to return to my game but it won't let me?? I'm not exactly sure where to even blame this issue because it wasn't even frozen, I even managed to save while trying to get out of edit town mode. I have also tried switching households while in that mode and unfortunately it didn't work - I even got to confirm that I wanted to switch households and all that, but nothing happened and after checking I was still using the same original household.

Then I tried to place a community lot and it loaded and all and it was placed and I finally got stuck there. The option to rotate the building was not there and I could see the small icon of the building stuck with the mouse.

Tried googling but none of them helped. Sad

Hopefully someone can help me out with this one. Thank you!! Smile

Sit next to the boy you think is the cutest.
fantasticbaby
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4, Dragon Age
Female Posts : 38

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: returning to game from edit town mode

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 08 May 2014, 19:55

@fantasticbaby wrote:Hi,

So I was editing this house for my sims to move in and after I was done I went and tried to return to my game but it won't let me?? I'm not exactly sure where to even blame this issue because it wasn't even frozen, I even managed to save while trying to get out of edit town mode. I have also tried switching households while in that mode and unfortunately it didn't work - I even got to confirm that I wanted to switch households and all that, but nothing happened and after checking I was still using the same original household.

Then I tried to place a community lot and it loaded and all and it was placed and I finally got stuck there. The option to rotate the building was not there and I could see the small icon of the building stuck with the mouse.

Tried googling but none of them helped. Sad

Hopefully someone can help me out with this one. Thank you!! Smile

Hello,

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves. There, look for the following folder and MOVE it to the desktop:

(Name of the savegame you want to play).sims3

Next, look if there is a folder that looks like this:

(Name of the savegame you want to play).sims3.backup

If you have such a folder, remove the .backup ending in the folder's name, so that it "looks" like the folder you just moved to the desktop. Restart the game afterwards and see if you can properly play and save in that savegame. Good luck !

P.S. you will have probably lost some in-game progress, but at least you might be able to play in that savegame again.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum