Feature missing and slyders not work

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feature missing and slyders not work

Post by *Cheshire* on Thu 15 May 2014, 00:57

Hello everyone! 

I come with two problems: 

1º I am having a strange problem a bit. It may seem silly but I want to make a sim with one trait in concrete and is a characteristic that has long disappeared me. 
This is the "stupid" feature that comes with globetrotting, I think. 
I want to clarify that I have all expansions installed correctly. 

2º the jaw slyders not work. This is heavy to me when creating sims. 
Here I want to clarify that I have the Mastercontroller, Overwatch and Error Trap mods. 

Can anyone help me on this?  Help 
Thank you very much, greetings.
*Cheshire*
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims, final fantasy, left 4 dead, metal gear solid, zelda, resident evil, mortal kombat, etc...
Female Posts : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feature missing and slyders not work

Post by Roomster on Thu 15 May 2014, 20:57

Please fix your english lol, sorry I only can help you in english though.. lmao srsly nobody says greetings in closing remarks, please, dont try to be fancy, better dont bother cuz u just look silly.

Roomster
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 15 May 2014, 22:01

@*Cheshire* wrote:Hello everyone! 

I come with two problems: 

1º I am having a strange problem a bit. It may seem silly but I want to make a sim with one trait in concrete and is a characteristic that has long disappeared me. 
This is the "stupid" feature that comes with globetrotting, I think. 
I want to clarify that I have all expansions installed correctly. 

2º the jaw slyders not work. This is heavy to me when creating sims. 
Here I want to clarify that I have the Mastercontroller, Overwatch and Error Trap mods. 

Can anyone help me on this?  Help 
Thank you very much, greetings.

Hello,

As for the "stupid"-feature, such a thing wasn't released with "World Adventures"; do you mean the "absent-minded" treat maybe ? Look here for some information about it:

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Absent-Minded

As for the sliders, where did you get the sim from - did you download the sim somewhere, or did you make the sim yourself ? Also, are these sliders included in the game, or are these custom sliders that you downloaded from somewhere ? 

First of all, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the simCompositorCache.package file. Start the game then, and try changing the sliders again...if that didn't work, try changing a few things about your sim - for example, change the hairstyle and skintone, and then try the sliders again - that's the best advice I can give you for now. Good luck !

@Roomster wrote:Please fix your english lol, sorry I only can help you in english though.. lmao srsly nobody says greetings in closing remarks, please, dont try to be fancy, better dont bother cuz u just look silly.

As for you, if you have something constructive and helpful to contribute, go ahead. Otherwise, this forum is not the right place for this kind of unfriendly attitude. We have many users from many different countries visiting the forum, and experience shows that if someone actually makes the effort to register on an English-language board, he or she already has some level of language proficiency. As for me, I never had any case on here in which I completely misunderstood someone. This board is NOT about English grammar - it's about providing support about games/software in a nice way. In the case of the OP, I didn't have any signficant difficulties understanding him/her.

Besides, the forum rules (to which you agreed to before registering on here) forbid that kind of stuff anyway. 

Games4TheWorld wrote:8No Bullying - Do not pick on other members. Be patient and respectful to everyone, especially new users. Bullying doesn’t fit in to the spirit of our forum.

Hereby you have been warned.   
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14101

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roomster on Fri 16 May 2014, 17:51

Dear carlos, did i say anything about not understanding? I understood it, I was just saying, and helping her/him not to look stupid the other times, trying to write fancy words where they shouldnt be, and you think this is bullying?? What kind of bullying is that? I didnt curse or call names..

Sorry, but u really missinterpretated that, I wasnt trying to laught at him/her it just sounded really funny. Sorry.

Roomster
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 16 May 2014, 18:13

@Roomster wrote:Dear carlos, did i say anything about not understanding? I understood it, I was just saying, and helping her/him not to look stupid the other times, trying to write fancy words where they shouldnt be, and you think this is bullying?? What kind of bullying is that? I didnt curse or call names..

Sorry, but u really missinterpretated that, I wasnt trying to laught at him/her it just sounded really funny. Sorry.

Since when do you have to curse or swear to sound unfriendly ?   

And no, I don't think I "misinterpreted" anything - the way we (Helpers/Mods) handle things on here is that should we really not understand someone (which happens very rarely), we kindly ask the user what he/she meant - and at that point everything works out usually. And yes, strictly speaking, you called the OP "silly"; in fact, your whole post shows a condescendent attitude in my eyes which, again, is not welcome on here. You may not have "meant" it in an offensive manner, but it looks offensive - and that's what counts.

You may want to reconsider your tone when you post on here - and the warning is still in place. 
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *Cheshire* on Fri 16 May 2014, 19:13

Hi Carlos. Thank you very much for answering me. 

For a while, I had the "stupid" feature but it seems that corresponds to a mod "Awesome Mod". 

Regarding sliders, I tried to delete that file but still not working. The sliders were created by Jonha. It may be that this happens because they are not updated? I have not seen that are updated. 

Oh, and thank you for your kindness! My language has many tenses and expressions that are not used in English. It's hard to know what to use and what not in every case. I appreciate that you know understand.

Roomster, I don't like you answer, but I'm not offended because my native Idoma is not English . I am Spanish . And I apologize if my English has been so bad. I could accept corrections, I'd love to learn from my mistakes , but this forum is not for that. Still, I accept any correction if it is friendly.

I could go to a Spanish forum, but people here are very effective and I really like how they work . I want to clarify that I use the automatic translation of the page so even I have not fully understood your message. This translator is very bad. To write messages, I have to use it to help me because my level is not very high , as you can see . However, I write in Spanish very well. I am not one of those people who like to write commit misspellings . Luxury words? I have no idea, that was written by the translator and I think I would be stupid if my idiom were English, but that is not so.

But I will not fail to publish my doubts, because I'll try to improve my English and will review the message written by the translator. Although there are many words and expressions that I don't know yet.
If you know how to speak my language, let me know, maybe we understand better.
*Cheshire*
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims, final fantasy, left 4 dead, metal gear solid, zelda, resident evil, mortal kombat, etc...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roomster on Fri 16 May 2014, 21:20

well f this website than, u didnt help me at all, didnt even answer the post.. plus all the fing downloads aint even working

Yours truly,
Mr. "Unfriendly"

Roomster
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aɾყα on Sat 17 May 2014, 10:59

As for proper English, atleast the TO isn't using "u" instead of "you" and "srlsly" instead of "seriously", not to mention "cuz".... Talk about trying to look fancy.... And that is even without taking the obvious grammatical errors into consideration.
And you do look rather silly, not abiding by the rules of the forum. You even thought we didn't notice "fing" was supposed to represent a word we don't allow here.

Listen, we get all sort of people here. Most of our visitors don't use English as their first, or even second language. Some people use *gasp* google translate to post here. 
We're about respecting everyone and not starting off by telling people they're not being "proper", are trying to be fancy, or that they look silly. 
Unless those people are asking for it Wink 

Please keep that in mind when you reply to someone, or if you can't do that, do everyone a favour and refrain from replying. 
And if you're that unhappy about the way we helped you, you're free to stay away. There are plenty of people who do not share your lack of enthusiasm for our (free) service.

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sat 17 May 2014, 20:49

@Roomster wrote:well f this website than, u didnt help me at all, didnt even answer the post.. plus all the fing downloads aint even working

Yours truly,
Mr. "Unfriendly"
Dear Mr Unfriendly,

I'm sorry to hear that we did not satisfy your needs on our Forum.
Please use some of your precious spell-checking time to leave a well-founded complaint here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/f6-complaints

That way we can improve our Service to people like you. Thank you!  Hammertime

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 17 May 2014, 21:06

@*Cheshire* wrote:Hi Carlos. Thank you very much for answering me. 

For a while, I had the "stupid" feature but it seems that corresponds to a mod "Awesome Mod". 

Regarding sliders, I tried to delete that file but still not working. The sliders were created by Jonha. It may be that this happens because they are not updated? I have not seen that are updated. 

Oh, and thank you for your kindness! My language has many tenses and expressions that are not used in English. It's hard to know what to use and what not in every case. I appreciate that you know understand.

Roomster, I don't like you answer, but I'm not offended because my native Idoma is not English . I am Spanish . And I apologize if my English has been so bad. I could accept corrections, I'd love to learn from my mistakes , but this forum is not for that. Still, I accept any correction if it is friendly.

I could go to a Spanish forum, but people here are very effective and I really like how they work . I want to clarify that I use the automatic translation of the page so even I have not fully understood your message. This translator is very bad. To write messages, I have to use it to help me because my level is not very high , as you can see . However, I write in Spanish very well. I am not one of those people who like to write commit misspellings . Luxury words? I have no idea, that was written by the translator and I think I would be stupid if my idiom were English, but that is not so.

But I will not fail to publish my doubts, because I'll try to improve my English and will review the message written by the translator. Although there are many words and expressions that I don't know yet.
If you know how to speak my language, let me know, maybe we understand better.

Hi again,

You're very welcome ! Smile  But you cannot use the "Awesome mod" along with NRAAS_ErrorTrap and a few others. If you want to have that "stupid"-trait, remove NRAAS_Overwatch and NRAAS_Errortrap; or better: you remove ALL NRAAS mods. You should then only have the Awesome mod, and nothing else.

As for the sliders, it is possible that this is related to your conflicting mods, so again, remove all mods for now, except the Awesome mod. After you removed the mods, go to My Documents (Documentos)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Now, delete the following files:

- scriptCache.package
- simCompositorCache.package

Now, re-start the game again. Also, if you want, try creating a NEW sim again, and try the sliders on that new sim then. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by *Cheshire* on Sun 18 May 2014, 18:26

Perfect, thank you very much. I think that I will have the mod "Error trap" installed because It really make soft the game. So I'll dispense with the stupid feature. 
Thanks, I will. 
Regards,
*Cheshire*
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 18 May 2014, 20:12

@*Cheshire* wrote:Perfect, thank you very much. I think that I will have the mod "Error trap" installed because It really make soft the game. So I'll dispense with the stupid feature. 
Thanks, I will. 
Regards,

Hello again,

In THAT case, you can also have the other NRAAS mods too, like Overwatch and MasterController - alongside the ErrorTrap one. But yes, you should remove Awesome mod then. Smile

Personally, I never like the "Awesome"-mod; I always used the mods from NRAAS.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum