Sims cant go to work. Please Help!! [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims cant go to work. Please Help!! [SOLVED]

Post by Leiafranc on Fri 16 May 2014, 12:57

Hi guys. 

I desperately need help. Ive searched for help but i cant find any that works. My sim cant go to work and i cant create an career outfit for her. I created one 2 days ago and now its disappeared. 2 days ago everything was working..and then i think she aged up over the weekend and thats how the problem started. When i click on the dresser to plan an outfit, it just stalls at the "create a household" page. Idk whats wrong. Ive also moved my sims workplace to a new lot in edit town but it didnt work. Ive downloaded the sims 3 ultimate fix and also updated the patch and it still doesnt work. Ive never had this before ever and ive played this game for a year now. PLEASE HELP!!! PLEASSEEEE

Leiafranc
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims cant go to work. Please Help!! [SOLVED]

Post by kieraembers on Tue 20 May 2014, 17:58

try deleting your cache files in my documents/electronic arts
what cc did you download between those two days? That may be your problem.
set the game to lower graphics setting.
If these three things don't work try deleting the entire sims 3 file in mydocuments/electronicarts/thesims3. make sure to back up your game and cc

kieraembers
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

Female Posts : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 24 May 2014, 19:38

@Leiafranc wrote:Hi guys. 

I desperately need help. Ive searched for help but i cant find any that works. My sim cant go to work and i cant create an career outfit for her. I created one 2 days ago and now its disappeared. 2 days ago everything was working..and then i think she aged up over the weekend and thats how the problem started. When i click on the dresser to plan an outfit, it just stalls at the "create a household" page. Idk whats wrong. Ive also moved my sims workplace to a new lot in edit town but it didnt work. Ive downloaded the sims 3 ultimate fix and also updated the patch and it still doesnt work. Ive never had this before ever and ive played this game for a year now. PLEASE HELP!!! PLEASSEEEE

Hello,

The suggestions of the previous poster aren't bad, but I would NEVER delete the folder "The Sims 3", located in My Documents/Electronic Arts. I would only rename the folder (in any way you like) just so that the game doesn't "recognize" it anymore.

Also, in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3, delete the following stuff (these are the so-called "cache files"Smile

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

And have you already tried QUITTING the job of your sim - and then re-applying for it ? Sometimes, these job glitches can be solved by dropping out of the job and then re-entering it. Good luck for now and do report back about your progress !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Leiafranc on Thu 05 Jun 2014, 21:20

Hey!!Thanks guys.

It works now. I just had to delete the cache files and i also deleted and re-downloaded the latest patches and ultimate fixes just to be safe.. & i can play nowww!!! Thanks again!!

Mod edit: problem solved, topic closed.

- Carlos

Leiafranc
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content