Strange graphic in FIFA World Cup 98/99.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Strange graphic in FIFA World Cup 98/99.

Post by adsuperjenius on Sat 17 May 2014, 18:05

hi I wanna play old game on windows 7 but , there are an isssue
I play campionship manager 99 00, and world cup 98. they say not enough memory. Im shocked as my laptop is have very big ram for playing old game. Im googling,and find funnny things.instead of low memory, I cannot play them because I have too big memory!

lol, 
this is the mssage I receive from world cup 98
initmem - insufficient memory to continue file win\initment.c LINE 246

Im googling it but didnt found solution.few site using strange language I cannot use

some people ask for use dos box.but this is not DOS program,Dos era ended already at 1996. moreover, I dont know how to use DOSbox

please help here,how could I play those game?I have too big memory?

//EDIT

I downloaded old game fifa world cup 98 and 99.but dont know why every playing match,there are so many purple and green dot/pixel surrounding..

how to remove that?

also ,I get without sund.any body know how to get just game sound and music?

adsuperjenius
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : FIFA socer manager 96/97 , fifa world cup 1998
Male Posts : 224

View user profile http://games4theworld.org       lol,I lie!:D

Back to top Go down

Re: Strange graphic in FIFA World Cup 98/99.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 17 May 2014, 19:54

@adsuperjenius wrote:I downloaded old game fifa world cup 98 and 99.but dont know why every playing match,there are so many purple and green dot/pixel surrounding..

how to remove that?
Hello,

Normally, you should actually keep all your questions about the SAME game in one topic, instead of opening several topics, I merged your topics. Smile Now..check out this site here:

http://fifa.galahs.com.au/

As for the RAM issue, there is a description on that site on how to "reduce" your RAM usage; you may want to give that a try.

In general, read all the information there very carefully; in particular, download this "patch" here, to make that game (possibly) work on your computer: 

http://fifa.galahs.com.au/fifawc98_3dpatch.zip

Instructions are here:  

http://fifa.galahs.com.au/fifawc98_3dpatch.pdf

Again, read everything very carefully, and see if that helps you - unfortunately I can't confirm it myself, since I'm usually playing with more "recent" soccer/football games... Razz

As a personal note: if it doesn't work, could you "live" without these old games ? Yes, during that time of these games (1998/99), there were players like Zidane, Ronaldo (the Brazilian), etc.. Razz  but then I guess that's partly a matter of taste and nostalgia too. Good luck with that tool above though ! Smile  

Last edited by Carlos on Sun 18 May 2014, 23:00; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adsuperjenius on Sun 18 May 2014, 11:52

sorry.which thread I should talk about this kind of issue?

I cannot open your site..so sad Sad
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at fifa.galahs.com.au.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

well, I may life without those old game. I life with food and house,not games :Dbut I really love those game now.. I just want to play

how about the pixel issue?I think ram problem could solved by compatibility,but the pixel, Im out of ideas..

adsuperjenius
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 18 May 2014, 19:59

@adsuperjenius wrote:sorry.which thread I should talk about this kind of issue?

I cannot open your site..so sad Sad
Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at fifa.galahs.com.au.

Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

well, I may life without those old game. I life with food and house,not games :Dbut I really love those game now.. I just want to play

how about the pixel issue?I think ram problem could solved by compatibility,but the pixel, Im out of ideas..

What I meant was that you should only have ONE topic for your FIFA World Cup 1998/99 issues, instead of opening several different topics. Yes, now you can keep your discussions here. Wink  

The site works fine for me; google for "webproxy" and choose one of these proxies; you'll get plenty of results On these "webproxy" sites, you'll see a small window like in a browser - and in that window type in the URL of that site I gave you. Other than that, I can also re-upload the patch and the description myself; check back here later on, because I don't have much time right now.

Yes, everything you should need to know about running the game is on that site, but try using a webproxy for accessing the site.

//EDIT

The following is a quote from the site itself; but I'm afraid that if that doesn't help you, you may have to google elsewhere for more info about this.

GALAHs wrote:Some of the older Fifa games such as Fifa 98 RTWC and FIFA WC 98 require a system with small amounts of system memory.
You can limit your systems RAM by going to:
- Run
- Type in " msconfig "
- Select " Boot "
- Select " Advanced Options "
- Tick Maximum Memory and enter a value of " 1000 ".
- Now lower or disable your virtual memory as required.

I reuploaded the patch here:

http://goo.gl/7VkyZC

And the instructions are here:

http://goo.gl/h2L7Ch

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adsuperjenius on Mon 19 May 2014, 14:33

The size didnt appear on idm . and firefox could not download it,always gone to IDM.but my internet is slow that the current time,maybe this is connection problem.will try again tomorrow

thanks a lot for re uploading..Smile

//EDIT

thanks but It still not solve my problem. the problem now is the on match.so when I started match, the pixel appear,even after I installed thepatch

adsuperjenius
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 25 May 2014, 21:36

@adsuperjenius wrote:The size didnt appear on idm . and firefox could not download it,always gone to IDM.but my internet is slow that the current time,maybe this is connection problem.will try again tomorrow

thanks a lot for re uploading..Smile

//EDIT

thanks but It still not solve my problem. the problem now is the on match.so when I started match, the pixel appear,even after I installed thepatch

Sorry for the late reply, but in that case I'm out of otehr explanations. Sad  

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by adsuperjenius on Mon 26 May 2014, 15:54

its okay. I think I got the problem.its could because the old game is 16 bit,when my windows is 64

but I cannot find the solution

adsuperjenius
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum